Flower atomizer suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Am looking for an atomizer for vaping flower. What shops in my area seem to have is wick and coil atomizers that combust flower while I'm looking for an atomizer that will vaporize the flower.

Why should I spend upwards of $200.00 when I already own mods?

This is for medical reasons as I am 3 years post chemo and radiation treatment for stage 4 cancer and multiple medical conditions causing chronic pain.
Ty

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
fasttech has a bunch of these vaporizer mods for far less. I can personally vouch for the Hebe Titan II and the Hugo Vapor Pathfinder V2.

I love the LVSmoke Flash, too, but the mouthpiece cracks from the heat too easily/quickly and no replacements to be had (I have 3 of these that all cracked, despite using lower heat than recommended). The Titan II's mouthpiece is susceptible to heat, as well, but you can find replacement mouthpieces online at other sites. I have been unable to find replacement mouthpieces for the Pathfinder, however, given the unit price at FT for those ($13), buy back ups of those instead.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Am looking for an atomizer for vaping flower. What shops in my area seem to have is wick and coil atomizers that combust flower while I'm looking for an atomizer that will vaporize the flower.

Why should I spend upwards of $200.00 when I already own mods?

This is for medical reasons as I am 3 years post chemo and radiation treatment for stage 4 cancer and multiple medical conditions causing chronic pain.
Ty
Hola,
Check out the "Splinter" Z or V2
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/
Or the Impcognito
Impcognito : MistVape™ Online Store
To your health!
I

Last edited:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Fasttech has a bunch of these vaporizer mods for far less. I can personally vouch for the Hebe Titan II and the Hugo Vapor Pathfinder V2.

. I have been unable to find replacement mouthpieces for the Pathfinder, however, given the unit price at FT for those ($13), buy back ups of those instead.

The Hugo Pathfinder looks interesting and definitely affordable.
How long did the 3 extra sleeves last and what temp did you find got the most life out of them, i.e. ,minutes hours days? Or grams vaped if your comfortable answering that question, you could pm me if your more comfortable with that. Though cannabis is legal here in Canada that doesn't mean BIG BROTHER isn't watching!
Does the stainless heating element last and/or are they replaceable as it doesn't say on website?
Would you recommend buying 2 or 3 at a time as I don't want to be ordering every month.
Does it actually vaporize bud and how fine do you reccomend grinding it before vaping.
How hot does the mouth piece get, don't want to burn my lips.
The plus is the affordability which is also the minus as I'm not into creating more garbage then necessary so my mind isn't made up yet.
Ty

Reactions: stols001

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hola,
Check out the "Splinter" Z or V2
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/
Or the Impcognito
Impcognito : MistVape™ Online Store
To your health!

On a completely different tanget I noticed your statement about nice salts. My neighbour lent me her vape with nic salts, a pod system, and I definitely used way less liquid then with my obs engine tank. I usually build around .7 ohms. Can I vape nice salts with that build ? rda I build around .5, can I use nice salt on red with that build ?
ty
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
On a completely different tanget I noticed your statement about nice salts. My neighbour lent me her vape with nic salts, a pod system, and I definitely used way less liquid then with my obs engine tank. I usually build around .7 ohms. Can I vape nice salts with that build ? rda I build around .5, can I use nice salt on red with that build ?
ty
I
Sure you can.
If you are using 6mg/ml freebase, you can substitute directly with nic salts at the same level; 6mg/ml.
If your goal is to use less liquid, you could increase the salt strength to 12mg/ml (or higher) which should allow you to take half as many drags (or fewer) to get the same level of satisfaction.

Personally, I maintain a nic level low enough to permit me to vape as often and for as long as I like.
When traveling or in situations where I may not have the freedom to vape constantly I'll use a higher strength to keep the nicotine monkey quiet between vapes.

I use 25mg/ml-30mg/ml freebase in pod devices.
In the EU, the strongest salts I can purchase legally are 20mg/ml...and that just isn't strong enough. No throat hit. If I have to use salt nic, I will usually try to spike it with a bit of freebase to increase the throat tickle I need to be satisfied.

HTH
I

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I did a review of this one a couple years ago before I retired. Can be used with flower and extracts.
IMG_20171102_134702_894.JPG

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
I'm learning why there isn't a decent atomizer for use with our mods, with a 10 second cutoff, more or less, on modern mods it doesn't allow enough time to properly vaporize flower.
So after realizing this I will have to adjust my thinking and more importantly budget to get a decent vape system for cannabis.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm learning why there isn't a decent atomizer for use with our mods, with a 10 second cutoff, more or less, on modern mods it doesn't allow enough time to properly vaporize flower.
So after realizing this I will have to adjust my thinking and more importantly budget to get a decent vape system for cannabis.
ARCTICFOX firmware for Joyetech, wismec,eleaf products will extend the cut off to 15 seconds.
I think there are other firmwares that will raise or remove the cut off and have an extended temperature range for concentrates.

Do you want a battery powered unit or are torch units also an option?

Will you carry it daily or only for home use?

Will you use it by yourself or with other?

Do you use a water tool and/or is that something you are interested in buying also?

Have you checked out: F@#Kcombustion.com? URL truncated. It is what you think it is...all one word.

What is your budget?

Cheers
I

Last edited:
Reactions: Woofer

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm certainly interested in this discussion and appreciate the links and suggestions so far. I'll be looking at them soon. My issue with vaping has been that the vaporizers I've tried aren't compatible with how I consume cannabis. I typically take one, maybe two tokes in the evening, and that's pretty much it. The vaporizers I've tried all require using at least .3 grams or so, and it's inefficient to vape less than that amount. But that's way too much for me in one sitting. If I pack a small bowl, it lasts me 2-3 days on average. My dream is to find a vaporizer that enables me to have a toke here and there without wasting/consuming too much in a sitting.

I did try the firefly or something, forget the exact name, which seemed like what I was looking for. It didn't work well, though.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
ARCTICFOX firmware for Joyetech, wismec,eleaf products will extend the cut off to 15 seconds.
I think there are other firmwares that will raise or remove the cut off and have an extended temperature range for concentrates.

Do you want a battery powered unit or are torch units also an option?

Will you carry it daily or only for home use?

Will you use it by yourself or with other?

Do you use a water tool and/or is that something you are interested in buying also?

Have you checked out: shorturl.at/irEHQ

What is your budget?

Cheers
I

I would want a battery unit not interested in torch.

90% would be home use by myself.

Not much interest in water tool but could be convinced.

Budget cash would be $100. though if convinced of the quaility, durable and long lasting, $200. though that would have to go on credit card and pay it off over a few months. Every second month in winter get the heating bill which leaves no discretionary cash since I'm on disability.

Dr appointment later this a.m. so will go to a couple shops in town after just to see what's in my price range. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything of higher quality on fastech then entry level.
Ty

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm certainly interested in this discussion and appreciate the links and suggestions so far. I'll be looking at them soon. My issue with vaping has been that the vaporizers I've tried aren't compatible with how I consume cannabis. I typically take one, maybe two tokes in the evening, and that's pretty much it. The vaporizers I've tried all require using at least .3 grams or so, and it's inefficient to vape less than that amount. But that's way too much for me in one sitting. If I pack a small bowl, it lasts me 2-3 days on average. My dream is to find a vaporizer that enables me to have a toke here and there without wasting/consuming too much in a sitting.

I did try the firefly or something, forget the exact name, which seemed like what I was looking for. It didn't work well, though.
I would want a battery unit not interested in torch.

90% would be home use by myself.

Not much interest in water tool but could be convinced.

Budget cash would be $100. though if convinced of the quaility, durable and long lasting, $200. though that would have to go on credit card and pay it off over a few months. Every second month in winter get the heating bill which leaves no discretionary cash since I'm on disability.

Dr appointment later this a.m. so will go to a couple shops in town after just to see what's in my price range. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything of higher quality on fastech then entry level.
Ty
I was not a fan of the firefly. Perhaps the newer model is better but I think I tried the V2 and found it to be more trouble than it's worth.
As mentioned above, the Dynavap or the original Vaponic are fantastic for micro-dosing.

The dynavape has an induction heater (additional cost) option that removes the need for a torch.

Have a peek at the POTV 'One'.
I did not like the mild "robot fart" odor/taste from the sealing gaskets, but I really only noticed it when playing with the unit before use.

HTH
I

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
My issue with vaping has been that the vaporizers I've tried aren't compatible with how I consume cannabis. I typically take one, maybe two tokes in the evening, and that's pretty much it. The vaporizers I've tried all require using at least .3 grams or so, and it's inefficient to vape less than that amount. But that's way too much for me in one sitting. If I pack a small bowl, it lasts me 2-3 days on average. My dream is to find a vaporizer that enables me to have a toke here and there without wasting/consuming too much in a sitting.

I did try the firefly or something, forget the exact name, which seemed like what I was looking for. It didn't work well, though.[/QUOTE]

Getting old here as can't remember how to post links, so will have to type to Google, but this an interesting desktop that says micro dose as small as .025 gram

e nano by epic vape

Bit more than my original budget but 3 year warranty with lifetime on heating element., looks like a winner for my needs

• Informative
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My issue with vaping has been that the vaporizers I've tried aren't compatible with how I consume cannabis. I typically take one, maybe two tokes in the evening, and that's pretty much it. The vaporizers I've tried all require using at least .3 grams or so, and it's inefficient to vape less than that amount. But that's way too much for me in one sitting. If I pack a small bowl, it lasts me 2-3 days on average. My dream is to find a vaporizer that enables me to have a toke here and there without wasting/consuming too much in a sitting.

Getting old here as can't remember how to post links, so will have to type to Google, but this an interesting desktop that says micro dose as small as .025 gram

e nano by epic vape

Bit more than my original budget but 3 year warranty with lifetime on heating element., looks like a winner for my needs[/QUOTE]
Nice choice, but it is mains powered vs battery powered.
Another amazing micro-dosing device is the Vapman, it is torch or mains powered.

Best of luck in your search.

Cheers
I

• Informative
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Planet of the Vapes ONE

Remembered how to post a link, a good night's sleep does wonders.
This one is affordable at $139.00 Canadian . Reading through the questions and reviews it appears the retailer stands behind their products with a 2 year warrenty. With exchange wouldn't save anything by buying in the U.S.A.
A bonus is the pods for micro-doseing and a free bubbler for cooling, would prefer the ability to swap battery but with 2 year warrenty, which is way more than most mods for e-liquids, this one fits my budget .
Though 90% of my usage would be at home the portability is a plus . Think I'm done searching.
This rivals shopping for mods and tanks with so many products :drool:

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Planet of the Vapes ONE

Remembered how to post a link, a good night's sleep does wonders.
This one is affordable at $139.00 Canadian . Reading through the questions and reviews it appears the retailer stands behind their products with a 2 year warrenty. With exchange wouldn't save anything by buying in the U.S.A.
A bonus is the pods for micro-doseing and a free bubbler for cooling, would prefer the ability to swap battery but with 2 year warrenty, which is way more than most mods for e-liquids, this one fits my budget .
Though 90% of my usage would be at home the portability is a plus . Think I'm done searching.
This rivals shopping for mods and tanks with so many products :drool:
It vibrates when it reaches temperature! I though it was a gimmick feature, but it is actually very convenient.
The capsules add mass but make less mess in the unit.
Like most conduction/convection devcies, allowing the product/device to heat soak tends to give the best performance/most complete extraction.
The bubbler is nice for cooling the vapor and also removing some of the particulate matter that many find irritating.
A piece of cotton ball or similar can be used in the standard glass MP to achieve a similar filter effect.

Cheers
I

Reactions: Fog n Vape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread