Flower atomizer suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
vape" data-source="post: 22073993" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Fog n vape said:
Izan could you define heat soak as I'm not familiar with the term ?
Ty
In general, you would fill the "cold" stem or the cold "capsule" with room temp material.
You drop the capsule or insert the stem in a pre-heated unit and proceed to inhale. :thumbs:
With some of the small heater based units, it's very easy to overwhelm the heater and by the end of the draw you are no longer vaping your material at temperature.

By allowing the stem or capsule to rest for a while after insertion, but before use, (time varies by device and user - a few seconds to a min or more) the stem/capsule and the material are allowed to warm up close to the operating temperature of the unit.
IMO, it increases efficiency and provides a more uniform experience. :wub:

YMMV, I suggest experimenting to find the technique that works best for your material, your vape and your vape style/needs.

Cheers
I

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Titan, Mighty, Pax etc all have their lovers and haters. One of the key points for me is the material of the vapour path and the isolation of the electronics and cell/s from that path.

Cheaper devices often run incoming air over the electronics and the cell/s, some use various plastics in the vapour path that are not recommended for use at those temps or for "food use". I look for glass, stainless steel and medical grade silicon.

I take a ridiculous amount of time researching what those things are made of before purchase, my lungs love me for it, so far. Better than they did when I was combusting it for 4 decades.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Titan, Mighty, Pax etc all have their lovers and haters. One of the key points for me is the material of the vapour path and the isolation of the electronics and cell/s from that path.

Cheaper devices often run incoming air over the electronics and the cell/s, some use various plastics in the vapour path that are not recommended for use at those temps or for "food use". I look for glass, stainless steel and medical

I take a ridiculous amount of time researching what those things are made of before purchase, my lungs love me for it, so far. Better than they did when I was combusting it for 4 decades.

My head is spinning from information overload but since flavour is highly important to me may have to go to the higher end of my budget since don't want to be disappointed.

Are you familiar with Utillian 721, sorry feeling burned out today so not getting link to paste, any comments on it appreciated.

What do you have and how do you rate it's flavour?

Every time I think I may have made a decision I read a review that doesn't rate it's flavour very high but so far every review has rated the Utillian 721 very good for flavour.

My mobile data plan doesn't allow me to watch much video and I've already burned through quite a bit of data this month.
Ty
Earl

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada

Cheaper devices often run incoming air over the electronics and the cell/s, some use various plastics in the vapour path that are not recommended for use at those temps or for "food use". I look for glass, stainless steel and medical grade silicon.

Ignore my above post onto another device

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hola,
Check out the "Splinter" Z or V2
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/
Or the Impcognito
Impcognito : MistVape™ Online Store
To your health!
I

The Milanna 3 is on preorder except the website says can only preorder if U.S. address. Have an email sent to Cole to get an idea of release date. Found a Canadian vendor and sent them an email also to find out when they think they might get them
Have you used the Milanna 2.? Any feedback if you have ? The Canadian vendor had them on sale for $169. Canadian pesos but have sold out though they are restocking.

After considering the points stratas.vaping made about plastics in the air passage came to the conclusion that he made a lot of sense and with my medical history.......

Depending on the release date I may wait for the v3 though the reviews I read on the V2 were good.
The unregulated nature of the mod is the concern I have, don't want to it to blow up on me but have time to research that . I have multiple fairly new LG browns and external charger so the ability to change battery is covered.
I like that it's not Chinese manufacturerd, wood is nice,, handbuilt, a three year warranty and can swap batteries since looking forward to some fishing/camping trips come spring as my knee replacement is healing well and I should be good to go come springtime.
What an ordeal, rivals my first flavours order when I decided to start diy my own e-liquid.:cry:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The Milanna 3 is on preorder except the website says can only preorder if U.S. address. Have an email sent to Cole to get an idea of release date. Found a Canadian vendor and sent them an email also to find out when they think they might get them
Have you used the Milanna 2.? Any feedback if you have ? The Canadian vendor had them on sale for $169. Canadian pesos but have sold out though they are restocking.

After considering the points stratas.vaping made about plastics in the air passage came to the conclusion that he made a lot of sense and with my medical history.......

Depending on the release date I may wait for the v3 though the reviews I read on the V2 were good.
The unregulated nature of the mod is the concern I have, don't want to it to blow up on me but have time to research that . I have multiple fairly new LG browns and external charger so the ability to change battery is covered.
I like that it's not Chinese manufacturerd, wood is nice,, handbuilt, a three year warranty and can swap batteries since looking forward to some fishing/camping trips come spring as my knee replacement is healing well and I should be good to go come springtime.
What an ordeal, rivals my first flavours order when I decided to start diy my own e-liquid.:cry:

You are 100% down the rabbit hole!!!
It's difficult to find "one vape to rule them all".
I have not used any of the RBT units but have long admired them from afar. :w00t::w00t::w00t::wub::wub:

I have a Vapcap, a Dreamwood and a 2009-2010 vaporbrothers desktop box for flowers. Simple devices, straight forward use and reliable performance. They are all used at home with a water tool as particulate matter bothers my throat. If/when my vaporbrothers box stops working, I'll get a mains powered "log vape" for stationary, desktop use.

IMO, Buy a vapcap with an Amoai torch lighter and then spend some quality time on FC.com doing research and reading user feedback on all the other devices that appeal to you.

HTH
I

Last edited:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
You are 100% down the rabbit

IMO, Buy a vapcap with an Amoai torch lighter and then spend some quality time on FC.com doing research and reading user feedback on all the other devices that appeal to you.

HTH
I

Decided on the potv one, just waiting for some accessories to get restocked to pull the trigger.

I think the vapecap is an excellent suggestion mainly 'cause long lasting, but for me using a torch during high pain periods could raise issues.

The 2 year warrenty and exchange/refund policy sold me. Ordering additional dosing capsules and 2 more gasket/screens. Chose curved bubbler (can't handle heat) as free gift and the grinder and tight vac storage included is bonus. There's just so much that comes with this package deal that saves $$$$.

This will give me 2+ years of use and hopefully there will be more 18650 replaceable options by then. If vaping works for me can look for something nice for mainly home use on the deep discount days e.g. Boxing Day or Black Friday in the future.
Ty
Earl
p.s. will post review when it arrives hopefully late next week.

Last edited:

Egzoset

Sep 19, 2014
Canada
Salutations Fog n Vape,

...vaporize the flower. ... ...stage 4 cancer...

I understand in such medical context inhalation might complement another consumption method offering improved (though relatively slower) bioavailability. Vaporizers act fast but there still are major differences to account for, easy to recognize once the matter has been clarified...

The venerable Volcano which applied for "medical" applications approval by Health Canada strikes my mind in some acute manner. Personally i've come to conclude it's just another slow/steady (thermostatic) Hot Dry Air Ovenizer actually boosting its output via deep extraction - which ain't exactly desirable in a context where we can now find 96+ pesticides on the "legal" list... More precisely my reasoning is that any potential contaminants infusing through vegetal tissue now represent a possible threat to health, hence the intuitive solution to such difficult challenge should be to target trichome glands speciically, on the basis of contact surface since these are tiny compared to shredded vegetal debris.

Another concern of mine that emerged rather early, many years ago, was the lack of Inlet Water (e.g. electricity and water don't mix readily)... There's an otion which offers Inlet Water but it's still associated to clean-burning butane generating extra-hot exhaust gases (H2O + CO2), the real potential risk residing in fuel tanks and torch lighters rather than the vaporizing pipe itself. Yet i'm most hopefull that a transition to IH-driven scenarios can result in digital precision "Micro-Dosing", 1 single toke at a time, which in turn multiplies the opportunities to acquire proper self-awareness. Etc.

In any case my intent is to warn that all humans don't respond equally to popular products and not even the most expensive ones. To be honest this certainty already cost me a couple thousand dollars since my vaporist initiation, since late in 2010...

Quite unfortunately i find the average product typically solves a manufacturer's own problems long before it addresses ours, to put it short. M'well, welcome to some sharks pool i once found anxiogenic after a while, all i can do is to wish you never get to face serious obstacles after your final choice is made! It's not just money, it's about our breath too...

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

P.S.: Woups! I was too slow responding while busy elsewhere.

Reactions: Fog n Vape

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Fasttech has a bunch of these vaporizer mods for far less.

Yes, they do, and I can tell you right now, there's a very good reason for that.
    They do not vaporize cannabis.
    You will get combustion or no action, pretty much guaranteed.

I personally recommend the Arizer Air 2. Yes, it's about $180 on PuffItUp.Com (great service there by the way). However, the kind of technology involved with actually vaping cannabis is pretty involved.

It's the difference between convection vaping and conduction vaping.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I've used the FT vaporizers (at least the ones that I've mentioned in my earlier post, which I failed to indicate use temperature control) and they do NOT burn the dry material. There are many on FT that DO burn (always read reviews first) but, in my devices, the herb turns medium to dark brown in color (not black or grey) when I'm finished... So, no burning.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
    Dec 18, 2014
    Vancouver Island Canada
    Salutations Fog n Vape,

I understand in such medical context inhalation might complement another consumption method offering improved (though relatively slower) bioavailability. Vaporizers act fast but there still are major differences to account for, easy to recognize once the matter has been clarified...

Yes ingestion I have used often. Mainly making butter from trim and "B" grade buds, ointments I make from the same and have used topically for arthritis and pain/inflammation from recent knee replacement.
    Butter evening use mainly or daytime on days when I know I won't be driving. Ingestion of Rick Simpson type (RSO)extracts for cancer, 1 gram a day for 60 days, which was donated to me, due to my financial situation, by a local unlicensed medical dispensary, which I put into capsules to ingest. RSO donated had a retail value of $1200.00.

The venerable Volcano which applied for "medical" applications approval by Health Canada strikes my mind in some acute manner. Personally i've come to conclude it's just another slow/steady (thermostatic) Hot Dry Air Ovenizer actually boosting its output via deep extraction - which ain't exactly desirable in a context where we can now find 96+ pesticides on the "legal" list...

The Volcano is $575-899 Canadian which is a ridiculous amount of money for what it is and well beyond the price point that most medical users I know could afford.
    The issue of pesticide exposure I address by growing as organically as possible and use no chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
    Oops I accidentally erased your reference to trichomes. I take it you are referring to extracts which I have tried on rare occasions but since I have concerns about exposure to petroleum residues its not something I am interested in pursuing. I have done some research on Rosin but personally think I a full on discussion on extracts vs. rosin may be pushing it a bit in the early days of having a Cannabis Forum.

In any case my intent is to warn that all humans don't respond equally to popular products and not even the most expensive ones. To be honest this certainty already cost me a couple thousand dollars since my vaporist initiation, since late in 2010...

Quite unfortunately i find the average product typically solves a manufacturer's own problems long before it addresses ours, to put it short. M'well, welcome to some sharks pool i once found anxiogenic after a while, all i can do is to wish you never get to face serious obstacles after your final choice is made! It's not just money, it's about our breath too...

Exactly

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

P.S.: Woups! I was too slow responding while busy elsewhere.

The venerable Volcano which applied for "medical" applications approval by Health Canada strikes my mind in some acute manner. Personally i've come to conclude it's just another slow/steady (thermostatic) Hot Dry Air Ovenizer actually boosting its output via deep extraction -

Let alone the price $575-$899 ridiculous for what is basically a heating element, thermostat and a bag.
    It's late here so will respond in more detail[/QUOTE]

• Agree
    Reactions: Woofer

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    The Hugo Pathfinder looks interesting and definitely affordable.
    How long did the 3 extra sleeves last and what temp did you find got the most life out of them, i.e. ,minutes hours days? Or grams vaped if your comfortable answering that question, you could pm me if your more comfortable with that. Though cannabis is legal here in Canada that doesn't mean BIG BROTHER isn't watching!
    Does the stainless heating element last and/or are they replaceable as it doesn't say on website?
    Would you recommend buying 2 or 3 at a time as I don't want to be ordering every month.
    Does it actually vaporize bud and how fine do you reccomend grinding it before vaping.
    How hot does the mouth piece get, don't want to burn my lips.
    The plus is the affordability which is also the minus as I'm not into creating more garbage then necessary so my mind isn't made up yet.
    Ty
    The Titan II and the Pathfinder are very similar: Both have the same steel oven, operate the same, and look almost the same. The only 2 differences that I can tell are their body shapes (Pathfinder is curved on one side) and that the Pathfinder heats up much faster than the Titan II. I typically grind the herb quite fine, but it's not completely necessary, a course grind will work, too.

As all of these use an oven heater (LVSmoke has a ceramic oven), you cannot replace the heating element. It doesn't get so hot that you will burn your mouth, but may be warmer than some can tolerate (it was fine for me). I'm quite sure that the Titan II came with rubber mouthpiece extensions to reduce the heat sensitivity. I didn't find these especially necessary, but YMMV. I typically started out with a lower temperature (390) than the 400 degrees the instructions tell you to start with and you can vape the herb more than once (for example, start 400 degrees, 2nd time 410, 3rd time 420).

The mouth pieces on Flash & Titan II are the only ones that have cracked on me so far (haven't used the Pathfinder enough, I guess) and all have cracked at various points in time with varying lengths of usage (no rhyme or reason to it), but always at the same exact spot. I got the Titan II first and used that exclusively for quite some time before the 1st plastic piece cracked. The mouthpieces tend to crack right at the point where the metal ring screws onto the plastic to hold the metal screen in place. My thinking is that the metal piece holds the heat all too well, thus placing repeated stress on the plastic used in the mouthpiece. IMO, they should only use hard rubber (which feels/looks just like plastic), because it isn't as sensitive to heat as typical plastic (hard rubber combs are used when using hot irons for hair, because they don't melt). What type of plastic is typically used in those mouthpieces, I can't be sure.

I wrote to LVSmoke a while back to inquire about purchasing additional mouthpieces to no avail. The representative said he would send 3 free mouthpieces, but I would have to pay for shipping, however he requested that I try the vendor first. After FT told me that they didn't have any parts for the Flash, I sent a reply email to the LVSmoke rep stating that the vendor didn't have any, but I never got another reply from them. I love that unit, because it's shorter & stouter, easier to hold, heats quickly, and has a bigger, illuminated screen, but I refuse to buy another, since I now have 3 of them that are useless without the mouthpiece.

So, for right now, the Pathfinder II is my favorite and it seems that only AliExpress has the mouthpieces for that one, but I haven't done an exhaustive search for those yet. I got the replacement mouthpieces for the Titan II from NYVapeShop.com .

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
    Dec 18, 2014
    Vancouver Island Canada
    [QUOTE="Egzoset, post: 22090929, member: 225541

P.S.: Woups! I was too slow responding while busy elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

...oops again, I wrote a detailed response to your post and when I hit post the short reply I wrote very late last night posted instead, thought I had cleared it, it's too much to do a second time.
    Also accidentally hit report so I gotta straighten that out immediately........obviously not a good day for me to be online so shutting off internet for now

Egzoset

Sep 19, 2014
    Canada
    Hi again Fog n Vape,

Please don't allow a lost reply ruin your whole day, we can understand how that feels so here's something i did about the Volcano some long while ago, hoping it compensates a bit for investing time & energy in vain:

VapBong-compatible Volcano (2010-Dec-1) .GIF

It has multi-purpose electromagnetic circuitry to simultaneously stirr while heating, then even playback some nice chime sound to announce the toke is ready... :p

Good day, have fun!! :D

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    they do NOT burn the dry material.

Myself, and I assume everyone else, would love to know which FT 'vaporizers' do not actually combust the material, from someone on ECF Forum who has actually used them.

Care to link a couple ?

Reactions: Fog n Vape

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Fasttech has a bunch of these vaporizer mods for far less. I can personally vouch for the Hebe Titan II and the Hugo Vapor Pathfinder V2.

I love the LVSmoke Flash, too, but the mouthpiece cracks from the heat too easily/quickly and no replacements to be had (I have 3 of these that all cracked, despite using lower heat than recommended).
    These are the vaporizers that I personally bought from FT and they still have them (FT still has the Titan I, too, but I never used that one). There are others at FT that I do not have personal experience with.

First foremost, anyone who shops at FT needs to read the reviews/forums for items (if there are any)... Those folks don't split hairs and can be quite brutal about it. LOL!

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    (I have 3 of these that all cracked, despite using lower heat than recommended).
    ($13), buy back ups of those instead.

Sounds like you've almost spent enough to buy an Arizer Air and had a unit that would last for years, with a two year guarantee/warranty, convection vaping, and replaceable batteries ! :laugh:

I feel I made the wiser choice. :nun:

Thanks for sharing, I will check those 'vaporizers' out tonight ! :vapor:

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
    Dec 18, 2014
    Vancouver Island Canada
    They are still waiting for the vape pods to get restocked so I haven't ordered yet.
    Been quite busy dealing with life lately that haven't been here for a bit.
    The price for the potv One has been lowered from $139.00 to $125.00 Canadian. Last year Black Friday sale was 20% off so going too wait until then to see if same sale this year as if so would bring the price down to $100.00 Canadian, waited this long might as well wait a bit longer.

Woofer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2014
    PA, SK, CA
    Very sound advice above imo.

The Dynavap Vapcaps are extraordinary tools.
    E-Nano is excellent and uses mains power.
    S&B Mighty well loved big hitter. $$$
    Arizer Solo's and the like, Canadian made and world class.

@Fog n Vape great deals can be found on used gear but stick with the proven.
    www.vapenorth.ca sells only quality units, Pete is knowledgeable, helpful and honest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread