Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
So I decided to go ahead and get a second one :facepalm:

Went for an Omnivap XL this time and a wenge dynastash. Also got some spare parts.

I'm done, giving my wallet to the dog for safe keeping ( o_O ) and walking away from the PC. :|

Really though, this thing is completely jaw-dropping. I can't even imagine a better vape for me personally. Last night I got the tastiest hit off a very loose pack of the oven, probably about half of what it could fit. Couple hours later went back, took another equally potent hit. Looked inside the oven and everything was so evenly roasted it just amazed me. That amount of flower would've been burnt from one hit in a bowl, but this thing can just milk it. And with that, I'm done - I'll shut up for now, very happy Sloth with no interest in combustion anymore :)

Edit several hours later: just vaped that same tiny pinch of flower from last night for a third time - this thing is SO efficient - magical! :wub:

Last edited:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Awesome video!! Seems like great people are behind this product. Happy to see that and get a glimpse into the production.
Yes a great bunch and George is as you see him in the video. Smart, funny and generous. They have something of a history of doing nice and unexpected things from the beginning. For example the Color M was pre-released recently. One week only and then they shipped on the day originally promised. Without anyone knowing everyone who pre-ordered from Dynavap got a free low temp cap with their Color M. :)

So I decided to go ahead and get a second one :facepalm:

Went for an Omnivap XL this time and a wenge dynastash. Also got some spare parts.

I'm done, giving my wallet to the dog for safe keeping ( o_O ) and walking away from the PC. :|

Really though, this thing is completely jaw-dropping. I can't even imagine a better vape for me personally. Last night I got the tastiest hit off a very loose pack of the oven, probably about half of what it could fit. Couple hours later went back, took another equally potent hit. Looked inside the oven and everything was so evenly roasted it just amazed me. That amount of flower would've been burnt from one hit in a bowl, but this thing can just milk it. And with that, I'm done - I'll shut up for now, very happy Sloth with no interest in combustion anymore :)

Edit several hours later: just vaped that same tiny pinch of flower from last night for a third time - this thing is SO efficient - magical! :wub:

It's so satisfying to read this! :D I can't even imagine a better response.'
Parts, a set of O & X rings and a couple of CCDs. Boom done.
I've used 1 O ring in two years.
Your flower budget just got a 66 to 75 percent extension too,
Ain't life grand. :wub:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yes a great bunch and George is as you see him in the video. Smart, funny and generous. They have something of a history of doing nice and unexpected things from the beginning. For example the Color M was pre-released recently. One week only and then they shipped on the day originally promised. Without anyone knowing everyone who pre-ordered from Dynavap got a free low temp cap with their Color M. :)

It's so satisfying to read this! :D I can't even imagine a better response.'
Parts, a set of O & X rings and a couple of CCDs. Boom done.
I've used 1 O ring in two years.
Your flower budget just got a 66 to 75 percent extension too,
Ain't life grand. :wub:
I'm amazed at the efficiency! I ran a small bit of Mimosa through my grinder several nights ago and I'm still not finished with it. This would've been long gone if smoking. I also love the fact I can sit here at my PC and vape it. I couldn't smoke indoors, usually. The consumption of cannabis is so much more relaxing now.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Splinter V1 with cooling stems on it's way.

With the sale prices and the discount this week couldn't say no, as this type, 510 attachment for my mods, is what I originally wanted. Even with the exchange from Canadian pesos still a great deal.

May not be the best for my outdoor activities but checks all the other boxes and can always go old school n roll one if I have to.

Back in a week to 10 days to share my thoughts on it.

Have a great day everyone

hairtrigga

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2019
Sydney Australia
cool vid woofer but as crocodile dundee would say-
"Vegas beer? thats not a beer, this is a beer."
Check out a darwin stubby if your ever down under and in the northern territory, 2 litres lol.
To be fair to the locals, its stinking bloody hot and all they do is drink beer.

Attachments

• darwin stubby.jpg
    darwin stubby.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
So I’ve officially entered into the dynaverse, couldn’t pass up their blackfriday sale. Pretty excited! Big thanks to Sloth Tonight for the mini review and to the others that suggested it, sounds like an amazing device. You guys have twisted my arm, hah.

Really hope you enjoy your splinter Fog n Vape! I know I certainly do. At the price they were going for I don’t think you can go wrong. They can be a little daunting but if you’re comfortable with box mod settings (as I imagine you would be being a member of this forum) then you shouldn’t have any problems. If you have any questions please don’t be shy, I’m more than happy to try and help you out.

Happy holidaze people! :)

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Splinter arrived a couple days ago.

First day went great, nice tasting, thrilled, used small smoked glass stem.

Day 2, long dimpled mouthpiece, not as smooth as yesterday, herb kept falling out, uneven extraction black/burnt with too much green , frustrating but even still got quite wasted. Defenitly get more buzz than joints.

Day 3....been sucking up flower with a loose pack, went opposite, fill up chamber and press down with back of jeweler screwdriver n pack it really tight, .6 to.12 to .14 gram
Small dimpled mouthpiece best tokes so far, have the long mouthpiece soaking will rinse it off n try it again today.

Somewhere in the middle as far as satisfaction goes, a lot of fiddling around with different packing methods, some great results but some disappointing results also.

Just wondering what dryness level bud should be ?, what I'm using is dry but not super dry.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Splinter arrived a couple days ago.

First day went great, nice tasting, thrilled, used small smoked glass stem.

Day 2, long dimpled mouthpiece, not as smooth as yesterday, herb kept falling out, uneven extraction black/burnt with too much green , frustrating but even still got quite wasted. Defenitly get more buzz than joints.

Day 3....been sucking up flower with a loose pack, went opposite, fill up chamber and press down with back of jeweler screwdriver n pack it really tight, .6 to.12 to .14 gram
Small dimpled mouthpiece best tokes so far, have the long mouthpiece soaking will rinse it off n try it again today.

Somewhere in the middle as far as satisfaction goes, a lot of fiddling around with different packing methods, some great results but some disappointing results also.

Just wondering what dryness level bud should be ?, what I'm using is dry but not super dry.
Are you using power mode or TC? I experienced some black spots in power but TC's been completely even no matter how I pack it. If using power, there seems to be a sweet spot to master - I'm afraid I'm of no help there, not yet anyway.

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
Hey Fog n Vape, sounds like your bud is dry enough. That’s not something I’ve really paid attention to. As long as it’s not bone dry it should be good.

I grind mine pretty fine, suck it into the bowl like a straw and lightly pack it down so it won’t fall out. I give it a tap over my grinder so anything that is loose doesn’t end up in the splinter.

Personally I prefer the longer cooling mouthpiece. The smaller one gets a bit warm on my lips. My only other advice would be to take long slow to medium draws, I find just as I can hear the air whistling the holes is good, and to rotate the stem a quarter of a turn each draw, this helps to even up the heating.

Are you using it in watt mode or tc mode?

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hey Fog n Vape, sounds like your bud is dry enough. That’s not something I’ve really paid attention to. As long as it’s not bone dry it should be good.

I grind mine pretty fine, suck it into the bowl like a straw and lightly pack it down so it won’t fall out. I give it a tap over my grinder so anything that is loose doesn’t end up in the splinter.

Personally I prefer the longer cooling mouthpiece. The smaller one gets a bit warm on my lips. My only other advice would be to take long slow to medium draws, I find just as I can hear the air whistling the holes is good, and to rotate the stem a quarter of a turn each draw, this helps to even up the heating.

Are you using it in watt mode or tc mode?

Mode today, tcr .00174, 398.5 degrees, 39 watts, resistance locked at .26.

Using a 2 second heat, 2 second draw repeat, then count of 8 slow medium draw, let go of fire button while drawing for another 2 seconds of until inhaled all all vaped.
Have me 3 or 4 nice hits per .10 load.
Working good today., it's so efficient have to wait hours to reload another .10. ,even with hitting it often still only gone through .6 of a gram this afternoon 3 sessions of .2.
I'm surprised how tasty a couple bowls were with the cold that I have so a nice afternoon session with the long stem and some organic Nuken indica.

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
If you’re using tcr mode I’d put the watts up to 50. This is the maximum but as you are using tcr it will only use the 50w briefly to heat up and then regulate the wattage to keep it at the desired temp. It will just help it heat up a touch faster. I use tcr of 0.0014 and a temp of 410 but these are relative. If you have a higher tcr then use a lower temp or viceversa. Some people like to have an accurate temp and adjust the tcr accordingly. That doesn’t matter so much to me so I set the tcr and adjust the temp until it’s working how I like.

Sounds like you have it pretty down pat though. Keep playing around a bit though because you never know if it could be better. That’s what I like about these devices is you can dial it in to just how you like it.

Have fun! :thumb:

Edit: Also, it’s not a huge difference but I find these devices work a bit better on a dna250c mod, particularly in temp control mode. There’s a page on the evolve forum called ‘fcshare’ that you can download the material files and profiles which takes all the guess work out. This is my preferred way to use these devices.

Last edited:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
So I’ve officially entered into the dynaverse, couldn’t pass up their blackfriday sale. Pretty excited! Big thanks to Sloth Tonight for the mini review and to the others that suggested it, sounds like an amazing device

Happy holidaze people! :)

As much as I'm enjoying the Splinter, it has limitations of use with glass stems, something different for other activities and times means a DynaVape M Kit is on its way, next big sale is 4/20 but didnt want to wait to late April when last day of B.F. Day sale deals is today, there goes the max limit of my vape budget but with 2 modes of vaping bud now should have the majority of future situations covered.
Back to tinkering with settings on the Splinter, I get pretty good tokes now mostly, use a Tesla Nano 120, no upgradeable software, my Picos are too small, the weight keeps it quite stable even with the long stem.

Happy Trails

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
As much as I'm enjoying the Splinter, it has limitations of use with glass stems, something different for other activities and times means a DynaVape M Kit is on its way, next big sale is 4/20 but didnt want to wait to late April when last day of B.F. Day sale deals is today, there goes the max limit of my vape budget but with 2 modes of vaping bud now should have the majority of future situations covered.
Back to tinkering with settings on the Splinter, I get pretty good tokes now mostly, use a Tesla Nano 120, no upgradeable software, my Picos are too small, the weight keeps it quite stable even with the long stem.

Happy Trails
I'm so excited for you! You're going to love the Dynavap! Between these two devices I couldn't be happier and hope the same is true for you. If I may make one suggestion, it would be to grab a single flame torch. I think the kit comes with a triple flame which is great and they recommend using a triple as you learn. Personally I've found the single to provide better results as I can choose exactly where to heat it and can achieve different temperatures with consistency that way. Both are good to have in your arsenal, IMO.

This is my favorite single flame torch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OC00ESC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (I know you're in Canada, but just posting this for a frame of reference)

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
If you’re using tcr mode I’d put the watts up to 50. This is the maximum but as you are using tcr it will only use the 50w briefly to heat up and then regulate the wattage to keep it at the desired temp. It will just help it heat up a touch faster. I use tcr of 0.0014 and a temp of 410 but these are relative. If you have a higher tcr then use a lower temp or viceversa. Some people like to have an accurate temp and adjust the tcr accordingly. That doesn’t matter so much to me so I set the tcr and adjust the temp until it’s working how I like.

Sounds like you have it pretty down pat though. Keep playing around a bit though because you never know if it could be better. That’s what I like about these devices is you can dial it in to just how you like it.

Have fun! :thumb:

Edit: Also, it’s not a huge difference but I find these devices work a bit better on a dna250c mod, particularly in temp control mode. There’s a page on the evolve forum called ‘fcshare’ that you can download the material files and profiles which takes all the guess work out. This is my preferred way to use these devices.

Since my data plan turned over today can catch up on conversations.

The settings you suggested are working well, more even browning of bud with less black, actually way less there's just a few specks of black. I was using around 39 watts on power mode first couple days so when switched to temp control just stayed in that area but 50 watts is working nice at this tcr.

The Tesla 120 tc control is just o.k., better mod with upgradeable capability is in the future though probably not until spring.
Ty for the suggested settings

I've noticed a little less irritation in my throat since I switched to vaping a week ago, not dramatic but it's there. Also way more life out of bud.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
I'm so excited for you! You're going to love the Dynavap! Between these two devices I couldn't be happier and hope the same is true for you. If I may make one suggestion, it would be to grab a single flame torch. I think the kit comes with a triple flame which is great and they recommend using a triple as you learn. Personally I've found the single to provide better results as I can choose exactly where to heat it and can achieve different temperatures with consistency that way. Both are good to have in your arsenal, IMO.

This is my favorite single flame torch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OC00ESC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (I know you're in Canada, but just posting this for a frame of reference)

Ty for the torch suggestion, I'll have to check Amazon Canada to see if they carry your suggestion and/or check the hardware stores here for a single flame.

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

EmptyBottles

Unresolved Status
Feb 27, 2020
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
I've had the DynaVap M and the Splinter V2 for 6 months or thereabouts and it's time for thoughts now that some time has passed.

I enjoy them both equally at different times, so my impressions based on 5 stars.

Dynavap M Kit

Ease of use 4/5, didn't take more than a few days and a single flame torch, I found the triple torch included not to me liking and bought a single flame 2nd day and haven't looked back.

Durability 5/5, everything holding up well, my initial concern about the end cap being a bit light was unfounded, really what's there to break.

Taste 3/5 I've never enjoyed the taste from portable vapes I've tryed as the all tasted like popcorn, the Volcano was just o.k, DynaVap first and 2nd toke can be quite terpy and tastey, after that the taste diminishes but is still enjoyable.

Satisfaction 5/5, During the winter months I used the M almost daily though with the spring weather I'm using it less as just too active to take the time needed to fire 2 or 3 loads.

Splinter V2

Ease of use 3/5, defenitly a steeper learning curve than the M, frustrated a few times until realized my mod wasn't locking the resistance making temp control unusable so no wonder couldn't dial it in. Back to wattage mode and right around 28 watts seems to work for me. Listen to the whistle and rotate the glass stem to help prevent combustion. Find your count to time inhale.

Durability 5/5, what can I say, fires right up and zero issues so far.

Taste 5/5 I get some great tasteing terpy hits, the first couple are the best and quite enjoyable. If taste is high on your list the Splinter delivers wonderfully.

Satisfaction 5/5, Very satisfied can't give 6/5. Once I kinda dialed it in its quite easy to use but expect a few burned loads getting there. Using it more now than in winter months as can toke outside with it though it's a bit harder to hear the whistle but it's sweet beside the barbeque or enjoying thegarden with coffee

I luv them both and would buy each again, the main downside with the M is the heating and twirling can get to be a bit much, the only downside with the Splinter seems to be background noise drowning it the whistle though eventually I'll probably be able to compensate for that.

I do smoke some joints still as when on the go both devices do take up more time than rolling one up and away to the races or when medically I need .5 of a gram fast.

Depending on one's situation either device I would recommend.

Last edited:

madmofa

Nov 6, 2013
Mexico
I'm learning why there isn't a decent atomizer for use with our mods, with a 10 second cutoff, more or less, on modern mods it doesn't allow enough time to properly vaporize flower.
So after realizing this I will have to adjust my thinking and more importantly budget to get a decent vape system for cannabis.
Google arcticfox...lets you fully customize your mod, even cut of time up to 60 sec

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Google arcticfox...lets you fully customize your mod, even cut of time up to 60 sec

It's interesting how experience changes ones opinion. My best tokes with the Splinter have been with my mech mod, no warm-up or preheat just hit the button and away we go. Unfortunately, mech mod has stopped firing, so wattage mode at 32 watts seems to be working well, have to find someone to repair mech mod as it's a similar experience to the Milaana so it's off to the vape shop to see if they can repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread