Status
Not open for further replies.

poetofisis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Gillette, WY
www.hotheadvapor.com
Was hoping to review all the latest and greatest clearomizer options out there, but sadly, the Sapphire was, as yet, sold out...

I'll lead off with the CE3, as it was my first unfortunate victim:
CE3 Smokeymizer
*It is a great concept, if horribly implemented
*Works flawlessly with decent flavor/good vapor
*Occasional but minor leaking from battery end
*juice in the mouth if disturbed too much
*Cannot be sanely or effectively put back together after cleaning
*The fill plug shall remove previously mentioned sanity after a couple weeks and is easily torn
*If it comes apart in your pocket from contorting your body slightly the wrong direction it is likely FUBAR
I cannot in good conscience recommend this product to anyone, especially those newer to the hobby. The mere trauma it induces to one's vaping experience at times is likely enough to turn someone from it entirely. That said, it does do quite well what it purports. Just treat them as weekly (each one, not a pack lasting one week) disposables.

Vortex 2.0
*Good vapor, great flavor
*Likes to leak into center air channel, causing juice in the mouth or leaking from batt connector and requiring one to pull it off the batt and blow through it
*Not recommended for use on Auto batt, see above (It wrecked ma Volt! wreck 'er volt!)
*Half of them tasted burnt no matter the soak time
*Easily comes unstoppered in a pocket or elsewhere
These may have been fathomable when the hobby was new, but with better options out there? Need I extrapolate?

Pump Cart
*Replicates dripping so great flavor/vapor
*Requires minor tricks to get it working sensibly
*Cotton may come off of end under rare circumstances when removing from atty (no big deal, just an inconvenience)
*Obviously not recommended for an auto batt (Though I had no issue on ma volt til that durned vortex... Ah well, live n learn)
*Will not break in pocket despite what one may attempt (YAY!!!)
*No burning, cleaning, or other irritating nonsense required here
These work very good with the hold and take a false hit method. Badkolo is either freaking nuts (no offense, bud, as I would normally defer to your wisdom here) or I'm just not talented enough to pull off the cotton without flooding the blasted atty. That aside, no complaints. Just make sure you use it on a bigger batt than a kr8. While it does indeed work on my Volt, the experience is far and above on my VV Ego.

CE2 Fluxomizer
*Incredible amount of vapor/flavor especially when comparing to cartos
*Works right out of the box, no fiddling necessary
*With a little bit of tweaking is easily transformed into something akin to perfection
*The wick within the coil is easily damaged when tweaking, rendering a burnt taste
*No leaking/juice in mouth when used properly (if so, adjust seal and blow it through like a carto, this is obvious as it will gurgle when dragging)
*Comes apart and is destroyed in pocket if not careful (eg don't take it to work that way if you do manual labor!)
Aside from the tragedy of one being torn apart in my pocket yesterday, I have absolutely no complaints with these. I flat out love 'em. Forget dripping, and to hell with cartos.

Vision 2.0
*?! Fiddle free?! Seriously? Hell yes!
*Excellent flavor/absurd vapor
*0 leaking or juice in mouth (unless cup is misaligned or seal is lifted too high)
*Wicks and vapes like no other carto/clearo I've even heard of
*LED is pretty sick
*Did I mention simple to disassemble/fill? A child could do this...
*HUGE both/for good and/or ill
This is the end all be all for me as far as these things go. I am absolutely in love with this little piece of electronic perfection. I have no complaints to speak of.

VV Ego PassThru
*Small, lightweight
*Charge n vape... Like anywhere lol (car, computer, wall outlet, etc)
*Good batt life far as I can tell
*Light indicator for volt setting is helpful
*Button feels great
*Drags beautifully
*Connector housing by the button on the top of the unit comes unglued and can wiggle a bit
I'm not sure here if this was intentional for changing the battery or not. If one tries they can wiggle it up and off the housing (just be careful with positioning the button when sliding it back on). I did not choose to go too far with this as I was a little concerned with tearing out the wiring. Just got this bloody thing, and have no intention of purposely destroying it. However I am simply in love with it and it is otherwise respectfully solid. Not sure if I feel this way as it is my first 'big' batt or not, but I love the simplicity and concept of 'VV' at such a low price tag.

Hope this helps anyone new to the hobby and/or curious about these particular products.
Thanks to Chris and Dan at Gotvapes (Great service, and excellent vids boys. Keep it up!)
And thanks to Rob at BlueMist for all the great juice and insanely quick shipping. You're the man, bro!

poetofisis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Gillette, WY
www.hotheadvapor.com
Yup, that would be the one. Dunno bout using with bottom feeding, bud. Never fiddled with one.

To update: I am positively livid. Do NOT buy a VV Ego. They have NOT been fixed. Button came apart on me and was nigh impossible to fix. Sadly, I am not the requisite electronic genius to fix the POS. GotVapes has not bothered to get back to me on this. Not impressed, but I suppose it figures. As far as the Vision Deux goes, once your tube pops off, by design or error, it shall come off twice as easily thence forth, so do be careful. Another serious design flaw...

*sigh* I'm getting so sick of subpar merchandise... Time to break some tape and the soldering iron...

Last edited:

poetofisis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Gillette, WY
www.hotheadvapor.com
I mentioned the two vendors I use primarily. GotVapes is where I acquired the PassThru. Word of caution: baby that bleedin thing with your life! Eg: Find a suitable case for it (preferably hard) that will protect it whilst in your pocket or on your hip... Its great for a cheap lil PV, but I'm apparently WAY too hard on my toys! Wish me luck! Going to try to fix it here in a few...

poetofisis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Gillette, WY
www.hotheadvapor.com
Personal preference, bud. I just love 'em cuz I don't have to fill them all the bloody time, and I don't need a syringe to do so. They have their annoyances, though. Not sure about the new indestructable plastic ones they just come out with, but the ones I have like to pop off the base easily if you've ever removed it to clean before. Of course, my fluxos have pulled this crap too, just not quite so easily... I carry mine around in my old mag light belt holster and I've had several messes from mindlessly contorting my body whilst sitting/lying at a friend's house. Highly frustrating. The other annoyance is its size on my Volt. Looks a bit ridiculous. Lastly, if you like buying several different bottles at a time to try out flavors and keep some variety, then you're a more than a tad hamstrung by these. As for lifespan, I've had all things I've reviewed on this embarrassing thread last me over a month, so I think for longevity, you can't go wrong with any of them. Personally, though, I think I'll stick with Fluxos for the near future. All said though, I still love the hell out of 'em.

FYI: Absolutely destroyed that pass through. I'd steer clear of them unless I just got an old version and they can guarantee you a newer one. Pretty disappointed in and distrustful of GotVapes now... Toyed around with the idea of getting a nice metal cigar tube to keep it in, but should I really have to baby such a thing as that? Better off waiting a bit and snagging up a Darwin or summat, I think.

Edit: Seems they now have a nifty lil conversion kit that basically transforms one's fluxo into a vision... So, basically, for a buck 30 you can have the benefit of small with the perk of ease? Guess if nothing else, they innovate! Hmm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread