Foamy or bubbly urine....... who has it after ecigs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
@V4Lis4me: I have not noticed that change.I think,its not related to vaping.Drink a liter or more water to check how it goes?
dehydration is commonest cause of bubbling,because,the salt proportion is increased,some of these salts come from bile (it gives the urine that yellowish tinge)-particularly these salts alters the surface tension...thats why bubbling occurs.

Do consult a doctor if it continues persistently more than one week.He will order (atleast) a routine test for urine...that can reveal the mystery.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
No probs here either but I would suggest more water as well. Since increasing my water intake since vaping, I have no more dryness or muscle aches from PG. Good luck and if doubling ur water doesnt help, sek a DRs opinion to make sure something else isnt going on. Our bodys tell us things and its up to us to listen to it ;)

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
What CTJ said.

It is unrelated to sugars or VG.

Urine abnormalities (color or foaminess) are a possible sign of mild dehydration (if it were moderate or severe you'd have other symptoms). While others might or might not have noticed this symptom (I haven't), many of us have dealt with some bit of dehydration after vaping. Since PG and VG are humectants, they do draw water from the mucous membranes.

The Mayo Clinic website provides a nice quick explanation of what it might be.

Last edited:
What CTJ said.

It is unrelated to sugars or VG.

Urine abnormalities (color or foaminess) are a possible sign of mild dehydration (if it were moderate or severe you'd have other symptoms). While others might or might not have noticed this symptom (I haven't), many of us have dealt with some bit of dehydration after vaping. Since PG and VG are humectants, they do draw water from the mucous membrane.

Right.PG and VG are a bit hygroscopic,The total surface area of upper respiratory tract+lower respiratory tract is nearly 5 times of total body surface area (=1.73 (Met)2)...so,its nearly 1.73x5 (Met)2...considering the amount of VG or PG vapour in smoke its a possible mechanism.Other mechanism may be increased sweat and more insensible loss... do you think that they may have any central mechanism also?...

mel_vin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
Toronto
I think people need to talk to their DR's more. I dunno there are some pills out there that can screw you up. One comes to mind, Lamsyl to treat nail fungus. I know somoene who had a case of that and was perscribed that. he had to go for a few blood tests during the treatment to ensure his liver was doing ok...

I think I may go to my Dr and have the e-cig talk. I'd be curious to see his reaction to it. I have a pretty good relationship with him, so I think He might humor me and do some tests. Problem is Im not a heavy vaper. It would be good for someone who uses their e-cig daily. Get some bloodwork done for the usualy culprits (kidney being one of them) and the the same tests 6 months later...

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I dont have the urine issue (I drink so much liquid now its like ...... water anyways lol)
but I DID have a blood work done pre andpost vaping - about 6 months apart.
On both occasions I tested normal - and I vape a lot. I vape PG an VG and had no problems with liver or kidney function.
I did have a change to my thyroid though (which was why Im having regular bloods done) and post-vaping my meds were reduced as thyroid function is improved :thumb:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I didn't have a problem with foamy pee, yet it was quite odiferous. A really odd smell. It lasted (off and on) about a week and half. I found it was strong the morning following the nights I vaped heavily. Now, I realized it hasn't happened in a couple weeks. I did increase my water intake, after I read something about dehydration.

H,
LB

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
V4Lis4me I did a search on this "problem" myself just a moment ago. I was looking for the latest or the most relevant post. I noticed it after the 3rd day of vaping and was going to inquire myself about this matter. Not quite sure what this could mean or how this might affect us but was still curious. It's been 2 weeks now vaping and it's the same deal. I mix both PG and VG so can't say which one if at all. I don't want to just discount this observation and fluff it off even though people might think I'm getting off analogs and seeing and feeling some effects of quitting. I'm sort of trying to observe how my body reacts in all situations after quitting analogs, and the beginning of vaping. If you find out more let us know. I'm quite interested. PM me if you like. Thanks.

testertips

Jan 6, 2011
los angeles
I thought I had a bladder or kidney infection, went to the Dr. and he did a urine check. Came back that I had sugar in my urine and next thing I know, they said I have diabetes. That was 2 years ago.

If you think the foamy or bubbly urine is from sugar, you need to get checked out by the doctor.

yes, this could be the cause, i suggest getting it checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread