Free 30mL Bottle Contest Giveaway! New Flavors? (1/27-2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
Hmm...we'll definitely have to see about getting a bacon flavor. Hopefully we can find one that's fat-free :p

From what I'm being told, it's actually really hard to manufacture food-like flavors (such as sandwiches) due to the complications of extracting the flavor into a pure food-grade form that can be mixed with VG, PG, and Nicotine. But rest assured, that doesn't mean it cannot be done!

DHubbs

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Canton, Georgia, USA
Hmm...we'll definitely have to see about getting a bacon flavor. Hopefully we can find one that's fat-free :p

From what I'm being told, it's actually really hard to manufacture food-like flavors (such as sandwiches) due to the complications of extracting the flavor into a pure food-grade form that can be mixed with VG, PG, and Nicotine. But rest assured, that doesn't mean it cannot be done!

Ive always been curious. How are the flavors actually made? Is it a bunch of chemicals put together to form the taste or what? Ive always wondered, and you might have the answer Haha

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
Ive always been curious. How are the flavors actually made? Is it a bunch of chemicals put together to form the taste or what? Ive always wondered, and you might have the answer Haha

That's actually an extremely hard question to answer - and you would have to be a qualified chemist to create the flavor concentrate(s) needed. However, to really sum it up in an as condensed form as possible: A flavorist (chemist) would create a flavor by combining certain known chemicals; that act as purely the flavoring for common food items and not the nutrition itself, together to create another flavor. If you've ever taken a high school chemistry course, perhaps you'll understand a little bit better with the following. One of the base chemicals in say; Banana for example, would be isoamyl acetate (CH3COOC5H11). This chemical is not achieved by any simple means of just breaking down a banana, but rather creating the chemical itself with the desired mixture of existing chemicals.

As of now, most known flavors (flavors that exist in nature) have been recreated with this method. It is rare that a new flavor is discovered, but does happen. So when I say that we are looking to expand our flavors, what I mean is that we will try to find a vendor/manufacture of the flavor concentrate so that we may mix it with VG, PG, and Nicotine for our customers. Unfortunately, nobody here is qualified to make our own flavor concentrates. Keep in mind that concentrates and extracts ARE different, with extracts only containing a small amount of flavor - whereas concentrates are much stronger and able to be used/mixed with ejuice.

Hope that sums it up for you!

DHubbs

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Canton, Georgia, USA
That's actually an extremely hard question to answer - and you would have to be a qualified chemist to create the flavor concentrate(s) needed. However, to really sum it up in an as condensed form as possible: A flavorist (chemist) would create a flavor by combining certain known chemicals; that act as purely the flavoring for common food items and not the nutrition itself, together to create another flavor. If you've ever taken a high school chemistry course, perhaps you'll understand a little bit better with the following. One of the base chemicals in say; Banana for example, would be isoamyl acetate (CH3COOC5H11). This chemical is not achieved by any simple means of just breaking down a banana, but rather creating the chemical itself with the desired mixture of existing chemicals.

As of now, most known flavors (flavors that exist in nature) have been recreated with this method. It is rare that a new flavor is discovered, but does happen. So when I say that we are looking to expand our flavors, what I mean is that we will try to find a vendor/manufacture of the flavor concentrate so that we may mix it with VG, PG, and Nicotine for our customers. Unfortunately, nobody here is qualified to make our own flavor concentrates. Keep in mind that concentrates and extracts ARE different, with extracts only containing a small amount of flavor - whereas concentrates are much stronger and able to be used/mixed with ejuice.

Hope that sums it up for you!

That actually answered my question perfectly. Thank you!

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
Alright guys, I just got out of a meeting with our R&D Department - and boy have we got a lot in store for you! They've been closely following this thread and plan to create some new flavors based on YOUR suggestions! Any new flavors that are created from what you guys post on this thread will be named after YOU!

So keep up the great work, and keep those ideas coming! Who knows, you may just see your name next to one of our new flavors. You've spoken, and we have listened. Now we are striving to give you exactly what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread