Freezing flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Given all the recent excitement in some parts over flavors, I ordered quite a bit of RY4 double, now about 3200ml.
Preservation might be an issue, so I placed about 15ml in a Boston brown bottle in the freezer for two weeks. Let it thaw and used it for my usual recipe and it was just fine.
I know I am not the first to do this, but thought I would report my results.

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Good to hear since Ry4 double is the 1 flavor i use that i think may disappear,so i'm planning a pretty big order of it here soon.I had wondered about storing in the freezer.Tfa says it doesn't need to be stored cold,but i plan on buying several years worth,so definitely don't want it losing it's flavor over time.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Good to hear since Ry4 double is the 1 flavor i use that i think may disappear,so i'm planning a pretty big order of it here soon.I had wondered about storing in the freezer.Tfa says it doesn't need to be stored cold,but i plan on buying several years worth,so definitely don't want it losing it's flavor over time.
I cut down to three basic recipes with one additional as an option. The three important ones all use RY4D.
The reason for my little test was when I read the spokesperson for the American vaping Assn. told the FDA panel they should ban tobacco flavors as he personally didn't like them, and leave the fruit and candy alone.
At that point I decided we had zero chance with that kind of divisiveness and I had better come up with a plan.
I guess next month I will get myself some new 250mm Boston Browns and start freezing.
My wife will need a new freezer. :)

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I cut down to three basic recipes with one additional as an option. The three important ones all use RY4D.
The reason for my little test was when I read the spokesperson for the American Vaping Assn. told the FDA panel they should ban tobacco flavors as he personally didn't like them, and leave the fruit and candy alone.
At that point I decided we had zero chance with that kind of divisiveness and I had better come up with a plan.
I guess next month I will get myself some new 250mm Boston Browns and start freezing.
My wife will need a new freezer. :)
Good to know.I had not heard about that statement,but have heard tobacco flavors may go away,which is what prompted my decision to start ordering big on the Ry4d to start with.I have several juices i make occasionally that use it,but my main adv that i have vaped every day for close to 3 years now,uses it at 12.5%,so i'm going through 15ml in a 120ml bottle,and make 2 bottles a month,so yeah definitely stocking up for the long haul haha.
It really doesn't even make sense that they would target tobacco flavors though,since they are trying to do away with flavored cigarettes,you would think tobacco would be the one flavor they would leave alone,but i guess any ry4 flavor would still fall under other categories since it's not a straight tobacco since it has vanilla and caramel in it too.Regardless,i will make sure i never run out.I have a small fridge dedicated to my vaping stuff,the freezer is full with nic,but i still have the whole refrigerator section open,it will hold a lot of flavoring haha.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

If it's just the RY4D flavoring you're freezing, you could save a little money at most places, buying the clear bottles instead of the amber. You also don't really need the bottles with the polycone caps (which are more expensive usually).

• Informative
Reactions: Philabos

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
It really doesn't even make sense that they would target tobacco flavors though,since they are trying to do away with flavored cigarettes,you would think tobacco would be the one flavor they would leave alone,but i guess any ry4 flavor would still fall under other categories since it's not a straight tobacco since it has vanilla and caramel in it too.

When I asked Kimberly (owner of OSDIY) about the RY4 flavoring...she said they'd most likely always carry it, because it's used by many people in Colorado especially, to make a candy that's very popular there. Said she sells a lot of it to candy makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread