French braid coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I'm not sure if this is a thing yet in coil land. I didn't take pictures but will if anyone's interested.
3 28 gauge kanthal wires braided. Rings out at .29 ohms, super quick ramp up time and great flavor. It does take a little while to twist, but once you get a rythem, it goes real quick. No hot spots I can find, and it stays close to the wick, which I feel cuts down on the spitting.
When twisting, make an upside down cross out of your leads and twist tight at 45 degree angles, pinching the wires close to the braid to keep it tight and uniform.
I run it on as temp control at 200 f and it works great for me on my r steam mini with tfv4 micro rca.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I'm not sure if this is a thing yet in coil land. I didn't take pictures but will if anyone's interested.
3 28 gauge kanthal wires braided. Rings out at .29 ohms, super quick ramp up time and great flavor. It does take a little while to twist, but once you get a rythem, it goes real quick. No hot spots I can find, and it stays close to the wick, which I feel cuts down on the spitting.
When twisting, make an upside down cross out of your leads and twist tight at 45 degree angles, pinching the wires close to the braid to keep it tight and uniform.
I run it on as temp control at 200 f and it works great for me on my r steam mini with tfv4 micro rca.

Yeah lets see some pics then! :) i'm partial to a bit of braiding, i've done lot's of different kind's But haven't been able to find any free time to do anything for months and months now :( lol

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
IMG_20160612_162012_hdr.jpg
IMG_20160612_162411_hdr.jpg

OK the pictures came out horrible! I'm getting a better camera this week so I might be able to do better later.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread