Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Ok, you are correct in that BLU has recently changed there inner cart to the size of ours. But remember that your comparing your inner cartridge to a smaller ecig, an L88B. Compare your inner cartridge to a bigger ecig like our Magma. This is what I meant by false advertising. If we all had the same model, it would be fair but you comparing a Mustang engine to a Honda Civic engine.

cainne

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Houston
Ok, you are correct in that BLU has recently changed there inner cart to the size of ours. But remember that your comparing your inner cartridge to a smaller ecig, an L88B. Compare your inner cartridge to a bigger ecig like our Magma. This is what I meant by false advertising. If we all had the same model, it would be fair but you comparing a Mustang engine to a Honda Civic engine.

"Ok, you are correct in that BLU has recently changed there inner cart to the size of ours."

Oh come on, you're prime competitor and you honestly "didn't realize" that? Let's not be disingenuous. :glare:
I was trying to be at least somewhat polite before Joe but come on. If you're going to attempt to mislead people on ANOTHER VENDOR'S forum, (which is a bit tacky anyway but I guess "all's fair in...." and such...), at least be intelligent enough to PM them so others aren't aware and can't correct you. I mean seriously. Don't you think many of us started with Blus or Volcanos and have tried them and know the differences and know that's a bunch of malarkey?
I really detest straw man arguments and logical fallacies meant to mislead less informed parties. Ignorance of something should be fixed, not taken advantage of.

Your Magma is a 510. Admit this please.
Blu, Sidesho, and Volcano are NOT 510's, but you're bringing up the 510 for comparison? Isn't that like comparing a Mustang engine to a ... woops sorry, not my line ;)

The fact that you ignore this and use the Magma for comparison not the obviously size-comparable volcano is a bit telling that you know it doesn't hold up or you wouldn't fall back on the 510 PV instead.

If you want to go THAT route however, fine. Compare your Magma to a Joye 510, a Tornado, etc. Google "Magma" and "510". It's known to everyone to be a 510 model. As might as well compare a Chuck or Saber to one of your disposable ecigs, it'd be about as valid.

The sidesho/blu/volcano are obviously the comparable models.

-The batteries are the same width (I know this because I charged a sidesho batt in a coworker's blu case when I fell asleep like an idiot the night before and forgot to charge the PCC, lol.), but are a bit less than a 1/2 inch longer on the sidesho
- The PCCs of all 3 regular ones are identical on the outside (I'd guess all made by the same factories and customized differently).
- The same goes for the Smart PCC's of both volcano and sidesho.
-The threading of all 3 are identical.
-The outer carts are identical.
-The relative bridge/shape/threading/size of the atty's are almost identical.

Do I really need to now take pictures of Blu, Volcano, and Sidesho PCC's, batts, atty's, threading, and outer carts to get you to admit "Oh oops, I wasn't aware of that" again?

These are all the "outwardly similar" facets.
Where the differ is in the quality/design of the mechanical products and interior cart size (which is what counts in an equivalent sized outer cart because the fluid is what you're paying for, or if refilling, the greater volume capacity for less frequent refilling time)

-Sidesho: Similar outward battery size, same width, significantly longer life.
-Sidesho: same size outer cart, larger inner cart.
-Sidesho: Same effective PCC but unlike Blu (not sure about volcano), they don't screw into the charging socket they push/pop in and out which gets rid of the hassle of twisting/untwisting them and in and out in such a narrow space.
-Sidesho: Same relatively sized atty's but in my experience (just opinion, don't know the voltage, ohms, etc) MUCH better vapor production and volume.

That's why I picked the Sidesho after trying blu and volcano. It's the little things where you can see at every turn the choice was made to turn towards ease of use, desires of the users (which is huge in my book), quality of product and away from "cheapest way that will be 'Good Enough' ".
I'd guess the same one or two factories in China probably make the majority of parts for all these (and probably many many more) companies but they make what you tell them to within their capacity obviously but more importantly with YOUR guidelines, and it's obvious some companies say "make it as cheaply as possible" and others say "make it with a longer life battery; make it with a better quality atomizer, etc" and choose quality over profit margin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread