G-Tank-US-CO-OP Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesd1628

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Chattanooga/Ringgold
I haven't noticed any battery heat. However, unless the battery got pretty hot, I'm not sure I would pick it up through the don (the SS version, which is pretty thick). Obviously, the atty gets fairly hot.

I'm not sure if I would use that on say a provari. that is a lot of amperage . are your battery is getting warm ?

spoken from Inspire 4g

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I haven't noticed any battery heat. However, unless the battery got pretty hot, I'm not sure I would pick it up through the don (the SS version, which is pretty thick). Obviously, the atty gets fairly hot.

That's about 5.3 amps which is extremely high. The average setup draws 1.5 to 2 amps.

jamesd1628

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Chattanooga/Ringgold
I've now done a few tests where I take several long drags (5-6 seconds each) with maybe 2 seconds between drags, and then immediately remove the batteries. No heat heat coming from the batteries at all. This site (IMR16340 / IMR14500 / IMR18350 / IMR18490 / IMR18650 / IMR26500 *Part 2*) says that the AW IMRs have a maximum continuous discharge rate of 6 amps. I assume "continuous" means that you could run 6 amps through the battery continuously until it went dead without a problem. Is that right? It looks like I'm under 6 amps. However, assuming I go over 6 amps, in short bursts, how much of a problem would that be?

Youssefa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Gainesville, FL USA
as I understand it the hi drain batteries don't have the same thermal runaway problem the standard lipos do ... if it were standard lipo battery I would say that 6 amps continuous with 30 sec bursts over 15amp... No problem... BUT it is LiMn so I am not sure

spoken from Inspire 4g

Last edited:

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
I am lucky enough to currently have g-tank-us and with 4 wraps (I think it was 4 wraps, I followed Dan's video instructions exactly) THANKS DAN
thank-you.gif
of 32 ga. Kanthal I get an ohm reading of 2.4 Hope this helps

I also want to add I LOVE the stainless steel, even though it's heavier than the poly. it looks fantastic.;)

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I am lucky enough to currently have g-tank-us and with 4 wraps (I think it was 4 wraps, I followed Dan's video instructions exactly) THANKS DAN
thank-you.gif
of 32 ga. Kanthal I get an ohm reading of 2.4 Hope this helps

I also want to add I LOVE the stainless steel, even though it's heavier than the poly. it looks fantastic.;)

On my g-tank-us with it's very thin ss wick I need 7 to 8 wraps of 32 kenthal to get 2.4 ohms. My meter measures it at 2.8 but I have to subtract .4 that is the internal resistance of the meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread