Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I'm into the fourth day of having these and of fifteen, only six remain usable out-of-box. This has been hugely disappointing as the week has progressed. Three others were cleaned and usable after but with barely having put 1ml of fluid through them.

I'm trying to remain optimistic that later batches will be refined and improved because this designs got a lot more promise than the Vortex version. -Magnus

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
And less than one week in and NONE of the G4s survived. These make these far more unreliable than the CE2 for me. And while good when they worked, the few that worked well, this is the worst overall cartomizer experience I've had. Boge fillers again for me.

These had so much potential. *sigh*

Revised grade is a D+ based on better flavor and vapor potential than the CE2s but this is a long way from good. -Magnus

Bobbye

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
DE
Interesting. I bought the Vortex when they first came out and of 25 I still have 21 here filled and I am using them. There are a few that have a very small minor leak that comes and goes. I did pitch 4 because they were leakers and I gave up with them. I just don't have patience to use the teflon tape.

I just got 2 boxes of the G4's today. I only have one filled so far but no leaking and the flavor is good. Time will tell how these perform.

hyperfluous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
Be sure to post how they work with the CampFire Coffee. My G4's should arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

so i put a mil of clear juice through 2 g4s, then refilled with campfire coffee and let them sit over night
the next day i couldnt get a good vape out of either of them, not pulling juice up the tube or anything just not putting out much vapor at all, taste is fine though.

one i let sit and found if i took my drip tip off and put back on the stock tip and pressed on it slightly it seemed to unclog the wick and starting performing again

took the other one apart to check it out, the coil is wrapped around a tiny piece of wick and is pressed into the connector, no soldering that i can see, the insulator seperates the wires
the glue is pretty tough i couldnt twist the tube off i had to bend it to the side till i heard a crack and then worked around the connector to break it free
someone in another thread said to lift the inner cup slightly to increase wicking and that is not possible on these because the inner cup is glued to the outer tube. its sorta like the top of a ce2, the inner cup is like the fill cap on a ce2, if its not pressed down far enough against the wick gravity is going to cause too much flow to the coil

Antidevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
I ordered a pack of these from Liberty Flights to try them out with my Omega. They're very strange, and not in a good way. At 6v, the vapor is surprisingly cool, which would be a good thing except that it also comes out very thin and harsh. I wonder if this might be different with a primarily VG juice. I've been using around 15-20% VG with my DIY juice. At 3.7, it worked better, but not by much. It produces a moderate amount of vapor. The flavor is decent, but the vapor is disappointing at both voltages.

I'll be trying them again later when my juices have had more time to steep properly. As it is at the moment, I wouldn't buy these again. I actually greatly prefer the SmokTech 4.0 and 4.5 ohm cartos. Maybe things will change when the true CE3s are released, but if these G4s are any indication of what to expect from a bottom wick cartomizer I won't be holding my breath.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Another all-nighter and many hours vaping these G4s later...... at 3.7V these continue to break-in and do well on lighter flavors. I'm starting to thinking really full-flavored tobacco mixes aren't for this cartomizer at all. After some more use at 6V it just got rank and intolerable. Since I'm almost exclusively 3.7V I'm liking these a touch better now but only a touch. -Magnus

Wow, you really stay up all nite to test things?

timandolly

ECF Veteran
    May 5, 2011
    SE VA
    Leaking
    on the G 4 I cut the bottom off the Factory JOKE Tip and pushed it in after refilling and installed drip tip. It has taken care of all leaking for me as I am carrying around three in my pocket with no leaks.
    On dry hits a little more aggressive hit or a couple of pulls without hitting button. These would have been accepted by more people if they would been 2.5 ohms. They hit well in the 5.4 watts range as these cartomizers ohm out at 3.8 to 4.5. 6 volts is to high and 3.3 to 3.7 volts is too low. If you have a vv mod try these in the 4.6 to 5 volt range which will put you in the 5.4 watt range. Hope a few of these ideas help. I am using Blue mist 100% vg juices and didnt know they tasted so good

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread