Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Well I suppose I could chalk it up as a faulty tank. I bought another one, and this time I'm monitoring how many milliliters I go through before the burnt taste happens.

I've been using Halo juice, and I even made sure to keep it filled! Like, I never let it get less than half full. Oh well.

I swirl my PVs a lot before I use them both the mini and 2.4 ml halo tanks. I also store them on this charging station I bought originally for my cell phones and its not flat but kind of angled surface (hard to describe) so even when I'm not using them, the juice never just sits towards the bottom of the tank but kind of around the coils. If that makes sense. So in other words, the coils never get dry even when not in use.

I know w/other PVs/tanks of different brands, people have to keep them store upright otherwise they will leak. I have never had a leak issue whats so ever w/Halo. I even keep tanks I'm not using w/juice in them stored in this angle. If this makes no sense, let me know and I will take a pic of it and post it here.

So even if my juice is pretty low, no matter which Halo tank, I don't get any burnt taste. It only happened to me once and I never want that taste again! YUCK!!!! 8-o

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Here's a pic...the storage box is wood and the places I have the PVs have like a felt padding on them. And that whole top part opens and has a charger in it. Hard to describe but basically it's like a cell phone organization center that I've converted to my vape station. You can see the bottles are all obviously upright, but the PVs are laying down but it's in flat. It's angled upwards which is hard to see in the pic. It's like a 25°

UGH tried to erase this post, or get the pic to show correctly and couldn't do either...sorry! :oops:

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
It's the "Home Brand" I think I got it at Target like a yr ago. Works great for cell phones, IPods..and I found out Vaping supplies! ;)

View attachment 250700

I saw on Targets web page one that is similar that they are calling a desk organizer in black and cherry. Instead of the deep hole in front that I have the extra bottles, coils and tanks it has a drawer. May not be able to fit large bottles in the drawer but its the same concept...

Last edited:

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I swirl my PVs a lot before I use them both the mini and 2.4 ml halo tanks. I also store them on this charging station I bought originally for my cell phones and its not flat but kind of angled surface (hard to describe) so even when I'm not using them, the juice never just sits towards the bottom of the tank but kind of around the coils. If that makes sense. So in other words, the coils never get dry even when not in use.

I know w/other PVs/tanks of different brands, people have to keep them store upright otherwise they will leak. I have never had a leak issue whats so ever w/Halo. I even keep tanks I'm not using w/juice in them stored in this angle. If this makes no sense, let me know and I will take a pic of it and post it here.

So even if my juice is pretty low, no matter which Halo tank, I don't get any burnt taste. It only happened to me once and I never want that taste again! YUCK!!!! 8-o

I think AngiBe has a very good point here.

I have been using another brand of Mini Clearomizer that is almost identical to the Halo version. I have found through some trial and error that even though the wicks stay submerged in juice the juice doesn't always get soaked up into the coil during vaping sessions. The area where the wicks enter the atomizer (where the wicks meet the metal) needs to be submerged every couple of vapes. I find that tilting my ecig upside down after each vape or two ensures that the coil stays saturated and eliminates dry hits and the dreaded burnt taste.

The coil will become saturated without tilting the egic upside down but it takes too long. I like to take a vape every 30-45 seconds in most cases and that isn't long enough for the juice to reach the coil by wicking alone.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
dang it, yer all a bunch of enablers!!!

i just broke down and placed my order for a couple of these. i blame you all for making me think i'm missing something using regular cartos!

You are. And because I know that you will come back here to thank everyone, you're welcome. :D

ravcpa

Aug 20, 2013
Hanover, PA, USA
The mini tanks are fantastic and there is no comparison to the cartos. I love the full flavor, the hit, the amount of smoke, etc. I quickly switched from carts to the mini tanks; however, I cannot seem to get more than a few days out of a mini tank before burning my juice. I tried cleaning the tanks in water as suggested in a YouTube video, to no avail. I know they are cheap compared to packs of analogs, but $3.99+shipping online is getting a little ridiculous. It appears that I need to be more mindful about keeping the wicks moist in the future. So, my question is, is the mini tank shot once I start getting that burnt taste, or is it just a temporary condition that as long as I start making sure the wicks are moist I won't experience it?

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
So, my question is, is the mini tank shot once I start getting that burnt taste, or is it just a temporary condition that as long as I start making sure the wicks are moist I won't experience it?

It could be that your tanks are shot but I'm guessing that they aren't. The juice that you have in them has probably acquired the burnt taste so you need to get the tainted juice out of there, clean the tanks and coils again, refill, and then make sure the coils are always saturated from that point on. Tip, swirl or whatever you need to do after each vape to keep the coil saturated and that should do the trick.

I put the word "coil" in bold text above because it has been my experience that it isn't enough to only keep the wicks saturated. It takes too long for the coil to saturate by wicking alone but if you submerge the coil area after each vape you should not have anymore burnt taste.

If you try this and it works you can probably get by without cleaning your tanks and coils before each refill but I wouldn't go any longer than two refills before cleaning them again. I was getting the burnt taste too and this method has worked for me without fail.

While vaping just keep telling yourself that those coils need to stay saturated (it's easy to forget sometimes) and you should be fine.

ravcpa

Aug 20, 2013
Hanover, PA, USA
Thanks SnowDog, you are 100% correct. I have been tipping/swirling after each vape and no burnt taste. I have forgotten a couple times and had the burnt taste reappear, but when I have been good about it, it works. I also have to remember to take a break between vapes ~ 30-45 seconds. Thanks for the information... you saved me from throwing away perfectly good, hardly used mini tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread