G6 Mini-tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
Sorry Happi, I think someone just goofed up and made a mistake telling you that. I use the drip tips on the low resistance cartomizers, they're great for that. But not so much for the mini tanks. If I find a drip tip that does work, I'll let you know. :)

Yupp they goofed it up...let's see what they say....

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
FYI the mini tank isn't completely sealed. I own 3 tanks and one likes to leak a bit in the mouthpiece and is not a tight fit. The other two I have are solid.

Remember to save your tips just in case this happens to you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I noticed the same thing. Some are quite lose, others have a firm fit. Very weird. That said, the dribbling appears to come more from within. I am just guessing - maybe if the voltage occasionally spikes and then drops below the atomizers "firing" point a bit liquid is just sucked up.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi All,

As most of you know I was out of the office all last week and couldn't check into the drip tip / mini tank situation myself until just now. I just want to clarify, though the drip tip will technically fit onto the mini tank it DOES leave a gap and liquid WILL leak out so we strongly advise against using the two pieces together and would suggest using the aluminum g6 drip tips only for cartomizers.

I have spoken with customer service and gotten this cleared up with them as well. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused anyone!

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
I got this response:
<QUOTE>
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble using the drip tips with the mini tanks as we have not had any reported issues regarding this. Can you please send us a photo so we can look into this for you?
</QUOTE>

I replied with:
I posted pictures on a FLICKR page right here:
Flickr: raw.shooter50d's Photostream
Enjoy….

Customer service of any given company should at least know how their products look like...no?

Cheers.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Hey.

This might seem like complete overkill, but can the mini tanks be rewicked? While $4 a pop is pretty darn cheap, I'm all the way in South Africa and so shipping costs are pretty high, plus a dollar saved is a dollar earned, u know :D

Sorry, but I don't see any way they can be rewicked. I just rinse mine out when they need it and they last two or three weeks.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi HappiVappi,

I'm sure they know what the products look like, i think they were just trying to get a better understanding of what the issue was and it is a standard part of trouble shooting to ask for images just so there is less confusion. As i mention above, I'm not positive if CS realized about the gap that the aluminum drip tips leave but that has since been cleared up and there should be no more confusion about it. If you would like to PM me I can see what I can do to help you out a little since you were originally given a bit of incorrect information.

I got this response:
<QUOTE>
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble using the drip tips with the mini tanks as we have not had any reported issues regarding this. Can you please send us a photo so we can look into this for you?
</QUOTE>

I replied with:
I posted pictures on a FLICKR page right here:
Flickr: raw.shooter50d's Photostream
Enjoy….

Customer service of any given company should at least know how their products look like...no?

Cheers.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi HappiVappi,

I'm sure they know what the products look like, i think they were just trying to get a better understanding of what the issue was and it is a standard part of trouble shooting to ask for images just so there is less confusion. As i mention above, I'm not positive if CS realized about the gap that the aluminum drip tips leave but that has since been cleared up and there should be no more confusion about it. If you would like to PM me I can see what I can do to help you out a little since you were originally given a bit of incorrect information.

Thank you kindly Cinder....

I got the following email from CS:
"... We typically do not accept returns or exchanges on our drip tips due to sanitary reasons. However, I spoke with my supervisor and he gave me approval for you to send back the drip tips. Please send the drip tips to..."

So, in short HALO did everything right to keep me a happy camper and that is worthwhile noting. However, I already decided to keep the tips and just order some more blank cartos....

Hopefully they will have a chat with their web guru to add a "Will not fit mini tanks" to the description of the product....

Cheers.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Thank you kindly Cinder....

I got the following email from CS:
"... We typically do not accept returns or exchanges on our drip tips due to sanitary reasons. However, I spoke with my supervisor and he gave me approval for you to send back the drip tips. Please send the drip tips to..."

So, in short HALO did everything right to keep me a happy camper and that is worthwhile noting. However, I already decided to keep the tips and just order some more blank cartos....

Hopefully they will have a chat with their web guru to add a "Will not fit mini tanks" to the description of the product....

Cheers.

It's good that they offered the return, I think that was fair. I totally agree a little notation on the drip tips that they won't work with the mini tanks would be a good idea. I love using the drip tips with the cartomizers so I think you'll be glad you kept them. :)

Bob Lion54

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Louisiana, USA
I have several mini tanks, love em (except for the occasional leakage). However, just got one in the mail and it didn't have any airholes. Sent in a support ticket and just waiting on a response.

That's the new "Osmosis by Halo" line. You just have to hold it to your chest and it will send the vapor directly into your lungs.

Because this is the internet, I feel compelled to add the disclaimer that this is a joke.

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
These tanks rock. Its the perfect solution for people like me that want to stick with 808's but get a better experience than the cartomizers give. I'm using the same tank I got with my starter kit a montha ago and its still working like a champ. About once a week it starts to get a little sluggish but a quick water rinse and blow dry with the hair dryer and it works like new again. My cartomizers have just become back up emergency delivery devices.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Has anyone ever noticed their mini tanks starting to taste like burning wick? Like that nasty taste from puffing on an empty carto? YUCK!! What is causing this? I've been using this mini tank for less than a week!

No,I personally haven't had any issues w/mini tanks except one time when I tried a non Halo juice and it completely clogged up the coil. I got a burnt taste one time from a Halo regular tank but it was my fault. I didn't get the wicks wet at all..total noob move on my part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread