satu87121

Jul 11, 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
  • Deleted by Cinder Ella

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
The mini-tanks are great and the only thing I DON'T like about them is the occasional bit of condensation or juice I get in my mouth. Sometimes the atomizer "spits" a little hot droplet into the mouthpiece and that's disconcerting as well. I've found that the condensation problem can be largely avoided by cutting the battery about one second before I finish taking a drag - but of course, that only works with a manual battery. I'm intrigued by your idea of adding a little filter material to the mouthpiece. Have you noticed any significant effect on the flavor/strength of the vapor?

Teach08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Nashville, TN
I use the filler material for my tank mouthpieces, then I wash the coil of the cartomizer and dry burn, then I use that to try new juices out. So its a win win all the way around.

I've removed the filler from my LR cartos for just this purpose. However, when I rinse out the filler-free carts, the water drains out. Sorry for being such a newbie, but once they're dry, can I use 2-3 drops in them--without filler--on my G6 for testing? I haven't dared try it yet for fear it would leak all over the battery...

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
There's always the G6 drip tips, think Cinder said they fit these :D
Are you sure? I tried to find that info, but had no luck with it. I also sent an email to Halo this morning and got no reply so far, even though I "threatened" them to order some of their juicy stuff.

I really like their minis and their liquids, but I don't like the dribbling issue with the clearos.

Cheers.

Last edited:

kittybite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Portland, OR
Hi, I'm getting a plastic taste from my Halo Minis (2 of them). It seems like it's coming from the silicone thing that connect to the mouthpiece. Maybe it heats up and burns a little when it is connected to the tank and touches the metal piece that covers the coil.

Any tips or suggestions?

This is happening with mine too. One tank has just started getting the funny taste after being used for 2-3 weeks (it's been cleaned ) and the other about 1-2 weeks. Do they need to be thrown away or is there a fix?

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
This is happening with mine too. One tank has just started getting the funny taste after being used for 2-3 weeks (it's been cleaned ) and the other about 1-2 weeks. Do they need to be thrown away or is there a fix?

Eventually after 2 or 3 weeks they can start to taste a little funky. That's when I toss them away and fill up a new one. :)

kittybite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Portland, OR
Thank you, ckmeyers! Loaded up a new tank with Turkish and all is sublime again. Interestingly, the rubber grommet on all of my spares has the same smell that I was tasting - like a weird chemical/rubber smell. Aside from that they were working fine, so I wonder if a different material wouldn't help with tank longevity.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Although I am using a piece of carto filler in the mouth piece for the mini tank to avoid the dribbling issue, I sent an email to Halo asking about their drip tips. They confirmed that they will fit. I will order some of them today and post here how this pans out.

Cheers.

This surprises me because I have 4 of their drip tips, and while they will fit into the mini-tanks, mine won't go in far enough to met the air hole without leaving a gap. Seems to me the first time it's tipped up to vape, juice will flow into the air hole. So unless there's some trick to it that I don't know about, I don't see how they can be used together.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
This surprises me because I have 4 of their drip tips, and while they will fit into the mini-tanks, mine won't go in far enough to met the air hole without leaving a gap. Seems to me the first time it's tipped up to vape, juice will flow into the air hole. So unless there's some trick to it that I don't know about, I don't see how they can be used together.

That will be interesting....

txrankin5

Feb 19, 2010
East Texas
Been some time since I've vaped, Used to make my own mods a few years back. I recently decided to try it again and bought a Triton starter kit. I'm liking the huge tank on this thing but am curious if the g6 mini tank works on the triton batt? Guessing it is smaller in volume but are the connectors and such compatible? Thanks for listening!

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Been some time since I've vaped, Used to make my own mods a few years back. I recently decided to try it again and bought a Triton starter kit. I'm liking the huge tank on this thing but am curious if the g6 mini tank works on the triton batt? Guessing it is smaller in volume but are the connectors and such compatible? Thanks for listening!

Yep, absolutely the mini tanks work great on the Triton. :)

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT

I agree. Although the tips "fit" their design will not seal properly with the center tube. I doubt that there are any other tips than the mini-tank's own that would work properly with this mini-clearo.

I use the mini tanks with my Triton when I either want just a shorter vape, or wish to try out new flavors without commiting to a full Triton tank of it.

Last edited:

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
My order arrived to day.
Sure enough the tips don't fit the mini tanks. They are too short. I answered their confirmation email.

Now I am really curious how they explain their written statement <QUOTE>Our drip tips will fit our G6 mini tanks.</QUOTE>

Cheers.

Sorry Happi, I think someone just goofed up and made a mistake telling you that. I use the drip tips on the low resistance cartomizers, they're great for that. But not so much for the mini tanks. If I find a drip tip that does work, I'll let you know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread