Geek Vape Avocado 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
try reproducing that dual 3.0 ID kanthal build, using 26 gauge, which will raise your ohms, and run lower wattage
Yeah. Okay dumb me. Wasn't thinking. Thankyou mucho!!! USMCOTAKU! Haven't tried a clapton yet. Is building one for this tank a possibility for great flavor and vapor in you mind?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
my favorite coil right now is called a "boneyard", but it isn't one to try with bum hands :p
It is 2 strands twisted, then hammered flat....
hqdefault.jpg
d39a3753218b5a8779c801e1b18f4e38.jpg

for you, I would suggest a simple fused macro, using 26 gauge kanthal. Since you are on a regulated...build higher ohms then you normally would....try dual 9 wraps. This will give more vapor at a cooler temp then a lower ohm coil.

Reactions: davevape55

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Yeah. Okay dumb me. Wasn't thinking. Thankyou mucho!!! USMCOTAKU! Haven't tried a clapton yet. Is building one for this tank a possibility for great flavor and vapor in you mind?
that tank will handle claptons just fine...just know that claptons run hotter, so if you are trying to cool things down, that might not be the way to go...but they do put out great flavor.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
that tank will handle claptons just fine...just know that claptons run hotter, so if you are trying to cool things down, that might not be the way to go...but they do put out great flavor.
Yeah.. That's what I thought. Smoke cigs more than 40 years so maybe not the best choice. But I like some vapor and flavor my key thing.. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: USMCotaku

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
my favorite coil right now is called a "boneyard", but it isn't one to try with bum hands :p
It is 2 strands twisted, then hammered flat....
View attachment 549148 View attachment 549149

for you, I would suggest a simple fused macro, using 26 gauge kanthal. Since you are on a regulated...build higher ohms then you normally would....try dual 9 wraps. This will give more vapor at a cooler temp then a lower ohm coil.
Now that looks cool, maybe I will try it. And swear at non replying hands all night. Lol

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Now that looks cool, maybe I will try it. And swear at non replying hands all night. Lol
the process isn't TOO difficult.
You twist two strands of (in my case) 24 gauge kanthal with a loose twist.
Then with a jewelers block and hammer, you hammer the twisted wire flat...it will look a bit like this....
c5c3c8f04e8458003047a028ce9befdf (2).jpg

after that, wrap on a 2.4 mm mandrel (the size of the mandrel used will depend on the tightens of the original twist...the tighter the twist, the smaller the ID needed to get that flat sided look)

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
the process isn't TOO difficult.
You twist two strands of (in my case) 24 gauge kanthal with a loose twist.
Then with a jewelers block and hammer, you hammer the twisted wire flat...it will look a bit like this....
View attachment 549153

after that, wrap on a 2.4 mm mandrel (the size of the mandrel used will depend on the tightens of the original twist...the tighter the twist, the smaller the ID needed to get that flat sided look)
Okay. It makes sense with more surface area. Correct?

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
I prefer working with 26 over 28 generally, unless I am building on a kayfun or the like. It is much easier to work with.
Okay. I decided 24ga. because it is easier to wick without moving the coil at all. I need to use dna or Yihi software for ramp up but much laptop needs to be reimaged. Had attack a week after purchase which bummed me. Just love Microsofts problems. Thanks buddy for your help. Need to get jewelers hammer next for the that boneyard build. It looks awesome.

Reactions: USMCotaku

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
QUICK QUESTION...
i see where a lot of these newer RTAs has the airflow coming up from underneath the coils now, you think its better like that? Or , will the AVOCADO have more of a warmer vape because the airflow is coming in from the sides & that the coils are on the top of device??
Excellent observation in my view(only 1yr.vaping).Coming from below the air flow has more ability to clear the chimney. Bringing the air from under the deck up. The cooler air forcing the warmer air to escape thru your mouth piece(the highest point). This is my logic when it comes to air flow in an atomizer. Like a gasoline carberator the venturi effect has alot to do with it. Air flow from wide to narrow creates a vacuum from inside an enclosed seal.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
QUICK QUESTION...
i see where a lot of these newer RTAs has the airflow coming up from underneath the coils now, you think its better like that? Or , will the AVOCADO have more of a warmer vape because the airflow is coming in from the sides & that the coils are on the top of device??
A quick question, sure, but it can't be answered quickly..

Size of the atomiser matters: reduced chamber means the vapour does not have that far to travel. This is generally why short profile attys deliver a warmer, and at most times, a more flavourful vape. A bigger chamber allows more air to circulate inside the chamber, and so the vape will be cooler.

Size of airflow: the bigger the airflow, the cooler the vape will be. This is generally why one can try more crazy builds because the airflow will be sufficient in keeping your crazy build from heating up too much. Smaller airflow is more ideal for restricitve lung or mtl hits. Generally big airflow is married with a big chamber, and small airflow with smaller chambers.

Bottom airflow: it is believed airflow feeding in from underneath your coil is best as it catches most of the vapour and directs it towards your mouth.

Side airflow: another effective method; however, it's best to place the coil either directly lined up with the airflow slots, or slight above so air can still get underneath the coil.

Top airflow: the trickiest to get right. Indirect airflow is not ideal; however, if the design still manages to direct the air to your coil, then all the better. In this case air is difficult to get underneath your coil, and so you run the risk of cooking the juice, or even burning the cotton inside the coil at high temps.

That's my general knowledge thus far.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread