Geek Vape Avocado 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Ordered mine today but it'll arrive Thursday or Friday, next week. I was a little torn between the Avo 24 and Ijoy Limitless, but I went for the Avo 24 as I knew more about it.

@Haylon357 how's you wick holding? If it's not wet/saturated, and does not wick fast enough when chain vaping, then you may have packed in too much wick.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Just been looking at the image of the build a few posts above, and it looks like the wick is sealing off any air from getting into the tank, I always leave a little space round my wicks so air can replace the juice coming out. If the tank is virtually sealed off you will more than likely get dry hits or wicking problems.
Maybe it would help to leave a little gap round the wick sides. Hopefully that will help. Good luck with it.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Been vaping on this thing all day while I was at work. I almost went down to the store and got a pack of stinkies so that I would have some flavor. This thing is wicking alright. 22 gauge kanthal, 11 wraps,, 3mm ID, single coil. It's a huge coil I know. Maybe I need to run dual claptons? Smaller single coil?

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Been vaping on this thing all day while I was at work. I almost went down to the store and God a pack of stinkies so that I would have some flavor. This thing is wicking alright. 22 gauge kanthal, 11 wraps,, 3mm ID, single coil. It's a huge coil I know. Maybe I need to run dual claptons? Smaller single coil?

Pictures buddy. It doesn't sound like it's wicking well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Pictures buddy. It doesn't sound like it's wicking well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I bet I used too much cotton. I'm out and about with another rig atm. Also, mine had the frosted glass already installed and a Black chuff drip tip. The video that I saw had a different configuration out of the box. All the parts are there. Just different assembly

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
Got both of mine in today. Tossed a simple single coil Clapton build in and fired it up. I have been using the Bachelor for about a month. The Avocado falls short in the flavor department. I'm sure it's probably something I'm not doing or doing. Any ideas?

Same on mine. My old subtank plus with rba gots a ton more flavour than my Avocado 24.

EDIT: I trimmed my "legs" on the wicking and wow! NOW I got more taste! I just cutted the "legs" to an arrowlike thing and stuck them back in the holes

Last edited:

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Same on mine. My old subtank plus with rba gots a ton more flavour than my Avocado 24.

EDIT: I trimmed my "legs" on the wicking and wow! NOW I got more taste! I just cutted the "legs" to an arrowlike thing and stuck them back in the holes
How long are the tails? Are you running a dual coil configuration

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
b46a85cb9d884d7e4b488b83f64e3768.jpg

This is my wicking

Reactions: Haylon357

Tamalam

Jul 15, 2015
Hello friends...I have had the 24 for four or five days now, and despite multiple single coil builds and wicking attempts I cannot get this "best vape of 2016"-style flavor that everyone is raving about. I've watched multiple tutorials as well. I understand that less cotton in the wicking ports is more flavor but it's just not happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...cheers!

Reactions: RT5A

RT5A

Feb 12, 2016
uk
Hello friends...I have had the 24 for four or five days now, and despite multiple single coil builds and wicking attempts I cannot get this "best vape of 2016"-style flavor that everyone is raving about. I've watched multiple tutorials as well. I understand that less cotton in the wicking ports is more flavor but it's just not happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...cheers!

I have been having the same issue , the best I have had so far has been wicking it like the griffin with the wick just cupping the wick holes and leaving a small gap for air to excape .

I am finding the flavour on the wismec theorem to be better

Reactions: Tamalam

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I have been having the same issue , the best I have had so far has been wicking it like the griffin with the wick just cupping the wick holes and leaving a small gap for air to excape .

I am finding the flavour on the wismec theorem to be better

I don't understand why we would have this problem. There's no reason why it shouldn't be an extremely flavorful vape.
I was struggling with the wicking as well, couldn't get rid of the cotton or slight burnt taste.

What I did was taper my wick as much as possible and trim the area directly next to the coil. I have the wick just 3-4mm below the deck and its a very very thin wick. What happens is that if you don't taper and thin the wick ends it will end up expanding once juiced up under the deck and when this happens it won't wick correctly resulting in muted flavor / too much cotton flavor / burnt taste.

See if this helps, it helped me.

Reactions: KayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread