Geekvape Aegis Legend Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miklos103

Dec 3, 2018
He's right though.
Anybody have any input relevant to my aegis legend brick?

not if you bricked your bios as well ( i have one sitting here gathering dust i did that to )
or do you mean it will only boot an install from a cd/dvd .. in which case yayyyy
2cgoeoj.png

Ubuntu/Wine is SNAFU. Plugging in my roommate's MacBook Pro right now :/ I am ashamed to be even touching such a device...

Reactions: stols001

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
i have heard of that brand
built by thinkers ruined by stinkers

i used ubuntu till they partnered with microsoft and developed that horrible side bar thingie
i switched to mint ( built on ubuntu ) as soon as i found it

i did not mean any info on batteries that was posted was wrong
thats all mooch stuff and he stands by his reputation for accurate impartial testing
if you have not done so already i highly recommend go watch some of his vids esp the ones about safety

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

YAY APPLE FTW! *coughs and chokes and vomits* Nobody tell anyone i said that...
Seems like Windows updater bricks phones and Apple updater fixes them lol. Interesting.
2j10nxh.jpg

Bricks phones?

You were using a Windows loader program on a Linux computer – given the many successful “Windows” updates performed, me thinks the problem was …… Linux!

Miklos103

Dec 3, 2018
Bricks phones?

You were using a Windows loader program on a Linux computer – given the many successful “Windows” updates performed, me thinks the problem was …… Linux!
OOPS I meant mods lol... i've bricked too many phones my mind just autotypes "phone" after "brick"
At first I used windows 7 home and then I tried a custom barebones version of 7, then I tied ubuntu with wine.
Oh well is fix now :D I'm willing to bet the problem was with the laptop itself, a 47 year old dell inspiron 1545...
now all i have to do is hurry up and wait for my ss430 coils, cotton bacon, and three bottles of juice to come in the mail...

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
he was using it on wine ( windows emulator )
it mostly works fine
but windross hides most of their files so no one can figure out how crappy it really is

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
he was using it on wine ( windows emulator )
it mostly works fine
but windross hides most of their files so no one can figure out how crappy it really is

Emulator or not, still Linux. As for crappy – you pick and choose what OS works best for you. There is no “better” OS.

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
Wine
Is
Not
Emulator

Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.

yehh but the easiest way for people to understand is .... by saying its an emulator :eek:

im not having the which is best or is there a best argument .. people like what they like or are used to
every one has big advantages and big disadvantages so points are easy to make one way or the other

Miklos103

Dec 3, 2018
Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.

yehh but the easiest way for people to understand is .... by saying its an emulator :eek:

im not having the which is best or is there a best argument .. people like what they like or are used to
every one has big advantages and big disadvantages so points are easy to make one way or the other
Different folks different strokes ‍♂️ I will say I mainly use my laptop for FL studio and nodding my phone (cuz I'm on of those people who can't leave well enough alone lol) and windows 7 could barely open FL and Ubuntu can actually render songs in FLAC which is pretty dope

Miklos103

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah i kinda felt like I was soliciting a prostitute. I was doing something dirty and shameful and out of my element and the mac is just lying there smoking a cigarette waiting for it to be over
If the prostitute was Marvin the paranoid android.
"Here I am brain the size of a planet..."

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Yeah i kinda felt like I was soliciting a prostitute. I was doing something dirty and shameful and out of my element and the mac is just lying there smoking a cigarette waiting for it to be over
This is one of the reasons I like my Legends I can use my Mac to update firmware, all others I have to use my work Windows machine to update.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
Wow people feel this way about MAC's? I for one will never touch or use a Microsoft product or service ever again, but this is a story for another time!:confused:

Anyhow I picked up 4 pairs of Sony VTC5As from 18650 battery store during the sale last week because I plan on picking up the Legend Limited Edition Alpha Kit as soon as I can. I love the quick ramp up time on this thing but I have a couple of questions regarding the VPN Mode and Bypass mode.

I tried Bypass mode and I nearly choked at the 3.8 volts the mod said it was pushing. From what I read, it basically bypasses the Board giving the sensation of a Mech mod? I was just wondering what exactly the purpose is and why people use it?

I tried the VPC or VPN mode (forgot what it's called) and that was interesting enough to toy with in the future. Does anyone have any reccommended settings that they use in this mode?

Now I gotta admit, using Bypass and VPN did bring my coils to the state of having to change them immediately but this was because I was experimenting with those modes for the first time. I honestly don't see any use for Bypass mode for me atleast, but I will be tinkering with VPN.

Also I have been vaping for 3 years now, but still feel somewhat of a beginner since really haven't graduated to RDA's, rebuilding and DIY juice yet due to lack of free time. Last time I wrapped a coil was on the Kanger toptank mini! :shock:Hell I just finally got around to reading Mooch's and Badattitude's informative blogs about battery basics. I've pretty much been using factory coils for the most part as well.

I love this mod! I was just wondering if some of you guys have any suggestions about VPN and bypass mode.

Thanks

Miklos103

Dec 3, 2018
Wow people feel this way about MAC's? I for one will never touch or use a Microsoft product or service ever again, but this is a story for another time!:confused:

Anyhow I picked up 4 pairs of Sony VTC5As from 18650 battery store during the sale last week because I plan on picking up the Legend Limited Edition Alpha Kit as soon as I can. I love the quick ramp up time on this thing but I have a couple of questions regarding the VPN Mode and Bypass mode.

I tried Bypass mode and I nearly choked at the 3.8 volts the mod said it was pushing. From what I read, it basically bypasses the Board giving the sensation of a Mech mod? I was just wondering what exactly the purpose is and why people use it?

I tried the VPC or VPN mode (forgot what it's called) and that was interesting enough to toy with in the future. Does anyone have any reccommended settings that they use in this mode?

Now I gotta admit, using Bypass and VPN did bring my coils to the state of having to change them immediately but this was because I was experimenting with those modes for the first time. I honestly don't see any use for Bypass mode for me atleast, but I will be tinkering with VPN.

Also I have been vaping for 3 years now, but still feel somewhat of a beginner since really haven't graduated to RDA's, rebuilding and DIY juice yet due to lack of free time. Last time I wrapped a coil was on the Kanger toptank mini! :shock:Hell I just finally got around to reading Mooch's and Badattitude's informative blogs about battery basics. I've pretty much been using factory coils for the most part as well.

I love this mod! I was just wondering if some of you guys have any suggestions about VPN and bypass mode.

Thanks

Personally I never found the bypass useful as it doesn't really crank out enough for me. The VPC on the other hand is excellent! It's designed to mimic the temp control abilities for coils that can't use temp control like kanthal and nichrome. Here is a quick start guide I posted on the geek vape community website...

Using RDA you will want to start a fresh build and preheat your coils very very slowly. If you normally vape at 100w start heating at 20 and pulse for 5 seconds. Gradually increase wattage until after 5 seconds you achieve an orange glow. Not bright yellow. Not dim red. The perfect orange at which your juice will vaporize. Write that number down, ex. 62w. Let the coil cool and once again gradually increase the wattage while pulsing until the coil almost instantly glows bright orange yellow but not like insane hot. This will be your starting power. Set the first point on the curve to that and the next point the number you wrote down. After this I like to gradually drop the wattage another 50% over the rest of the curve. Example: 200w, then 160w, then 130, 115, 100.

This will give You a decent starting point but basically the point of this feature is to mimic the temp control for coils that don't work on TC like kanthal and ni80. I use ni80 and when fine tuned this power curve setting really does provide an excellent flavor for me. I like the coil to instantly heat up and then cool back down to the right temperature to keep providing vapor without burning my throat. If i keep my mod at 200w, 175w, even 150w, after a few seconds i wont be able to inhale more without a toasty burning flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread