GeekVape Blitzen

Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, not sure if right place!

I scored one of these from the local vape shop the other day, and first of all this tank provides a 'Mean Vape'....literally, love the vaping I get from it.

But seriously, am I missing something with the taking it apart and putting it back together again? I couldn't find any youtube vids that clearly showed why bits keep turning and nothing locks, in the end I managed to use a pocket knife to lock bits together and got it back together.

Scared of re-wicking to come.....

Any help please!

As I said, there is an awesome vape session to be had with this tank, tops!, but the hardest I've ever had to take apart and put back together.

Thanks!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I scored one of these from the local vape shop the other day, and first of all this tank provides a 'Mean Vape'....literally, love the vaping I get from it.

But seriously, am I missing something with the taking it apart and putting it back together again? I couldn't find any youtube vids that clearly showed why bits keep turning and nothing locks, in the end I managed to use a pocket knife to lock bits together and got it back together.

Any help please!

As I said, there is an awesome vape session to be had with this tank, tops!, but the hardest I've ever had to take apart and put back together.

Thanks!

I played hell getting the tank tabs into the deck slots. Otherwise it wasn’t too bad. I like how it vapes, I’m not getting any leaking, only a little condensation from the air holes.

I like the bubble tank, but I’d prefer top air like the Zeus dual. They both vape very nicely, look great, but I’m not a fan of the matte finish on either. ( I have both in gunmetal)

Does anyone know if the black is matte as well?

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I played hell getting the tank tabs into the deck slots. Otherwise it wasn’t too bad. I like how it vapes, I’m not getting any leaking, only a little condensation from the air holes.

I like the bubble tank, but I’d prefer top air like the Zeus dual. They both vape very nicely, look great, but I’m not a fan of the matte finish on either. ( I have both in gunmetal)

Is the Zeus Dual easy to build and put back together? I have the 25RTA which I really like and am looking for an upgrade.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Is the Zeus Dual easy to build and put back together? I have the 25RTA which I really like and am looking for an upgrade.

It’s a little fussy getting the coils in, even, and not touching anything. At least for me, I like a bigger coil. Wicking is easy and very forgiving I think. Assembly is easy, everything is well made, fits nicely. I do get a little flustered refilling though, because of those tabs on the top.

I’ve seen some people have trouble if they want to line up the Zeus with the face and have it face forward on the mod- yep, me too. I got it all lined up one time lol. I love it, overall. Flavor is not as good as the Fancier, but still very good. And they never leak.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Give me to Friday. Of course that's US customs saying that so that could be any Friday the 13, whenever they feel like it, it's been sitting their since Sunday.

@DeloresRose Thanks. I looked at the fancier. I very much like a larger capacity so I am going to try the bubble glass with the Zeus and see how it works. Love the no leaking. I am sure I will be particular about lining it up, too. Thanks again.

The no leaking of Themis got me to get a Zeus.

Reactions: chellie

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Give me to Friday. Of course that's US customs saying that so that could be any Friday the 13, whenever they feel like it, it's been sitting their since Sunday.

The no leaking of Themis got me to get a Zeus.
Definitely interested to hear. I have 2 packages one sitting in LA and one in San Fran. Seems a bit longer than usual.

Reactions: Myk

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Vapes like a dream. Impossible to open/close, even using the idiot little wrench thingy. Never did figure out how to install the bubble tank and, when I emailed Geek to see if they could point me to some instructions, I got a very nice email back from somebody named Chad or Hortense or Lakisha or something telling me if I would just take a photo of the proof of purchase seal on the box and send it in, they'd be happy to direct my query to somebody who had actually seen one once.

Threw it out, natch.

• Informative
Reactions: chellie

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
My Themi are mesh and I haven't ever got around to trying one with a regular coil yet. So the comparison won't be too exact.
Mostly that would affect flavor, I’d imagine, which has so many variables, and also is subjective. I’m interested in how easy to assemble, and how airy.

Reactions: Myk

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

Any help please!

Thanks!

Which part do you think you have problem with it? Could you please send us a video to show it?

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

Yes, the black is matte.

Reactions: DeloresRose

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

Mostly that would affect flavor, I’d imagine, which has so many variables, and also is subjective. I’m interested in how easy to assemble, and how airy.

Compared to the Themis mesh Zeus dual was easier to put back together, although neither is bad and both similar, Zeus's deck part of the base and not snapping in in a specific direction makes it slightly easier (now I want to take it apart, I didn't pay attention how the air flows through or o-rings which is where I've had a problem putting Themis back together once). I did a single coil, I had a choice of higher ohms or wider spacing to fit across the deck. Wicking a single was easy but it's similar to the Themis mesh so I've had practice with harder (there's a lot more wick to not put in the hole on Themis), the feeding concept I used of less is more is the same. I don't know if that's needed on Zeus but I heard it is.
Zeus is airier than the Themis. I have them both closed up for flavor and Zeus doesn't whistle as bad as Themis.

Reactions: DeloresRose

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Compared to the Themis mesh Zeus dual was easier to put back together, although neither is bad and both similar, Zeus's deck part of the base and not snapping in in a specific direction makes it slightly easier (now I want to take it apart, I didn't pay attention how the air flows through or o-rings which is where I've had a problem putting Themis back together once). I did a single coil, I had a choice of higher ohms or wider spacing to fit across the deck. Wicking a single was easy but it's similar to the Themis mesh so I've had practice with harder (there's a lot more wick to not put in the hole on Themis), the feeding concept I used of less is more is the same. I don't know if that's needed on Zeus but I heard it is.
Zeus is airier than the Themis. I have them both closed up for flavor and Zeus doesn't whistle as bad as Themis.
Thanks. I have not been very adventurous with tanks and have been mainly using the toptank with rba. I have an older SMOK TFV4 that I do not use and I have the Geekvape 25 RTA which I really like because of the flavor, RTA and the amount it holds.

I decided that I want another RTA with a decent capacity - at least 5. Ideally 7-ish.

My building experience has been on the Kanger rba which was super easy and the 25 RTA is easy too - velocity style

So the info is super helpful - thanks

After I find a tank I really like then I want to try a DNA box.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Thanks. I have not been very adventurous with tanks and have been mainly using the toptank with rba. I have an older SMOK TFV4 that I do not use and I have the Geekvape 25 RTA which I really like because of the flavor, RTA and the amount it holds.

I decided that I want another RTA with a decent capacity - at least 5. Ideally 7-ish.

My building experience has been on the Kanger rba which was super easy and the 25 RTA is easy too - velocity style

So the info is super helpful - thanks

After I find a tank I really like then I want to try a DNA box.

I want to get some boards to either rebuild old boxes or build new ones with.

The best way I had wicking Themis explained (and I've heard Zeus needs the same but haven't experience too much wick yet, I just got it hours ago) is wick the feed holes like it would flood the kanger RBA (which would be really flooding the TFV4).

I'm turning into a GeekVape fanbody :lol: I'm loving these tanks.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

Thanks! Themis is probably less airy than I’d like, but I may try it anyway just to see. I use the Zeus wide open. Ain’t no air too big for me lol. I build them dual, because why not. Also a big Geek fan. I’d like to have spares of all of them eventually.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Thanks! Themis is probably less airy than I’d like, but I may try it anyway just to see. I use the Zeus wide open. Ain’t no air too big for me lol. I build them dual, because why not. Also a big Geek fan. I’d like to have spares of all of them eventually.

Wow that's a lot of air. It's not a huge difference but I have seen complaints on Themis. I thought maybe it would be for big air big clouds so I tried. I didn't feel restricted on either but the big air must've kept my mesh cooled off more than the Legend could heat in TC, the coil on Proton kept up. I haven't got around to trying coils on the Themis clamp deck.
If Proton does OK in TC with a single on Zeus I may try a dual, the way I got it to work right with the Scion dual RTA was to flood it to the point of leaking, leaking shouldn't be an issue with top flow air. The reason I got the dual was because the single deck wants coils backwards from what my coil jig does, and color.
If I could afford to upgrade more mods or thought my Cylon would live long, liked my RX200 or didn't like my Scion II I'd have more Zeuses. I've already got 2 Themis mesh, other than the Legend my mods have been picky about running it in TC, but I just got some stamped mesh I suspect will be better. If the law allows long enough I could see myself ending up with a herd of top flows just like I had with sub tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread