Status
Not open for further replies.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Ah right. Thanks. I didn't have my glasses on. What does it look like with the larger beauty ring on? I like the hard stop Lines I'm just curious.

Here's one of my older pictures, with the 22mm ring. I like it better with the 21mm, less angles and stuff (hard stop for me too, so to say). The P3 is 23mm.

RNGX0ji.jpg

R

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Yah that Lois really nice. Maybe I can find a used one of those at s reasonable
Price. I'd like to
Find so some kind of regulated tube mod that suits he gem and has some level
Of temperature control

As far as I know, the only TC tube mods to date are the Lavatube 3 DNA40 and the Dicodes Dani Extreme V2 /Pipeline Pro 2.

R

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Thanks for the info. I thought proverb made one. I have to confess prior to this tank I'd never really wanted a tube mod. This one just seems suited though because it's so small we can keep the overall dimensions and weight down.

If I use kanthal it fits interestingly in a LPG clone

LPG?

R

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Let petit gros 18350 mod with a recessed 510 area. It's absolutely tiny with a fantastic fire button. No pocket firing. Pairs well with kayfun and bell cap

http://www.vaponaute.com/en/mods/59-le-petit-gros-v2.html

So here's a strange question but I feel it's a good place to ask since you all know how the gem vapes (mouth to lung) and the amazing flavor it pushes out.

If you were FORCED to use a tank that had disposable coils - what would it be? I need to pick something up for the chance I am not able to build coils right away. Everything out there seems to be a cloud blowing lung hitting monster. I want flavor, small condensers and small chimneys. Small drip tips. The older stuff prior to the cloud creation phenomenon just can't hack it for flavor (like the aspire nautilus) and the newer stuff like the subtank et al have no where near enough flavor and even with reduced airflow it's limping along for mouth to lung hits.

Is there anything out in the way of an organic cotton coil taking flavor tank that's newer and vapes like say a kayfun lite at least? I don't expect anything like the gem but I expect more than an aspire nautilus or similar could hack. So what are the options? It stinks but I need to go worst case scenario. And I don't want to go back to smoking. I've not been off quite three months yet but have vaped why reduced smoking for s year and a half.

Oh I found mine. Here's the lpg clone with gem. I was going to buy an authentic but they're never around. The clones are also an1:1 copy. I won't get into the debate about cloning just to say it is hard to find the lpg despite the manufacturer taking to fast tech forums pleading with people not
To buy the counterfeit - they should have increased production. Mine is also filthy.sorry.

Ideal kanthal build would be .8 roughly for the gem and the airflow I believe. With that build I get Probably 2.5 ml of juice before I feel I should (not must) change the battery. I use the lpg as my stealth mod for movie theatres. And going out with friends for an evening. I'm older now so I don't rage for 12 hours anymore.

I usually load it with one level higher nicotine juice so I vape less and get more time.

09646b7d3906c7b66d95676efe2fa096.jpg

Inside - airflow comes from the four holes on the side and it keep up fine with the full open setting on the gem. So it's not limiting your airflow. With the gem being smaller some air
Comes in the top part too.

ba41ca3da1ab9c8ade40f00e1ce691d3.jpg

Last edited:

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
Let petit gros 18350 mod with a recessed 510 area. It's absolutely tiny with a fantastic fire button. No pocket firing. Pairs well with kayfun and bell cap

http://www.vaponaute.com/en/mods/59-le-petit-gros-v2.html

Clone stuff

1416508231-img-9061-copie.jpg

So here's a strange question but I feel it's a good place to ask since you all know how the gem vapes (mouth to lung) and the amazing flavor it pushes out.

If you were FORCED to use a tank that had disposable coils - what would it be? I need to pick something up for the chance I am not able to build coils right away. Everything out there seems to be a cloud blowing lung hitting monster. I want flavor, small condensers and small chimneys. Small drip tips. The older stuff prior to the cloud creation phenomenon just can't hack it for flavor (like the aspire nautilus) and the newer stuff like the subtank et al have no where near enough flavor and even with reduced airflow it's limping along for mouth to lung hits.

Is there anything out in the way of an organic cotton coil taking flavor tank that's newer and vapes like say a kayfun lite at least? I don't expect anything like the gem but I expect more than an aspire nautilus or similar could hack. So what are the options? It stinks but I need to go worst case scenario. And I don't want to go back to smoking. I've not been off quite three months yet but have vaped why reduced smoking for s year and a half.
I am looking for a tank like that too hooligan. Something I don't have to mess with every now & then. I had subtank sold it. Bought Aspire Triton hoping that would do since I loved the nautilus way back when. WAY TOO airy for me. It seems like everything they make now is huge & made for 50-100watts.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I am looking for a tank like that too hooligan. Something I don't have to mess with every now & then. I had subtank sold it. Bought Aspire Triton hoping that would do since I loved the nautilus way back when. WAY TOO airy for me. It seems like everything they make now is huge & made for 50-100watts.
Amen to that. I can't find a good flavor tank. It shouldn't be that difficult. Surely someone can make a kayfun like tank with organic coils.

There is an adapter on fast tech for the tai fun gt2 to take subtank coils. I've been curious if that might work really well. I have an authentic taifun so hopefully it fits. I don't believe here's any kind of authentic occ adapter. It was something made by the Chinese clone community I think

I'll let you know back here if I find something. The triton was on my list too with sits less coils. Bummer that doesn't do the trick.

Here's the lpg compared to
Opus 200 (which is small for a dna200 mod) with hurricane
Istick tc with gem

For those who want to take the gem In the smallest package the lpg is it. The Button really is fantastic too. Even on the clone. If you aren't tied to tc and don't mind getting clones when authentic aren't around. I think the 1:1 is like $12. And a pair of good 18350 are $10.

Sorry if I offended anyone with clones. Not my intention. I agree authentic a are almost always superior. It just doesn't always work out to get them.

897c7b357106aad2f03fb45bfb51a765.jpg

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Is that a Hurricane on the opus?

$22 Tobeco clone.

1:1 except there's no spring in the 510. I wanted to try it for a lot less before I committed given I own a taifun gt2 already. Authentic is very expensive considering it uses 303 only(I think). The steamTuners tank for the taifun is awesome too. It's a matte tank That goes clear with liquid. Beyond the normal way matte acrylic tanks Clear up. It's interesting.

Hard for me to give up the taifun. It's very close in flavor to the gem. It pairs well as an at home mod with the boxer for a larger mod. Easy to build And I have a lot of Extras for it.

$200 + for the hurricane seems extremely expensive. I don't consider it particularly innovative but rather mostly a revision 3 of the taifun.

If you're not anti clone the tobeco hurricane is probably the best clone I've ever bought. If you're anti clone the guy behind me said that. Or maybe that dude over there.

f559f09b3e4cc8a0ab70f1960ddb709a.jpg

I just ordered a ipv d2 to pair with the gem. Should be better than the istick tc and j prefer replaceable battery. Not much larger. Plus $45 with priority shipping and a proper yihi chip. I hope it doesn't have the delay issues he ipv mini had.

Also I wanted to see how the expromizer tank
Is.

After the gem though I've lost my desire to try other tanks. There is no way anything tastes better than this and the taifun. So if anything I'll probably try to find a second gem. I'm big on small.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phone Guy

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
$22 Tobeco clone.

1:1 except there's no spring in the 510. I wanted to try it for a lot less before I committed given I own a taifun gt2 already. Authentic is very expensive considering it uses 303 only(I think). The steamTuners tank for the taifun is awesome too. It's a matte tank That goes clear with liquid. Beyond the normal way matte acrylic tanks Clear up. It's interesting.

Hard for me to give up the taifun. It's very close in flavor to the gem. It pairs well as an at home mod with the boxer for a larger mod. Easy to build And I have a lot of Extras for it.

$200 + for the hurricane seems extremely expensive. I don't consider it particularly innovative but rather mostly a revision 3 of the taifun.

If you're not anti clone the tobeco hurricane is probably the best clone I've ever bought. If you're anti clone the guy behind me said that. Or maybe that dude over there.

f559f09b3e4cc8a0ab70f1960ddb709a.jpg

I just ordered a ipv d2 to pair with the gem. Should be better than the istick tc and j prefer replaceable battery. Not much larger. Plus $45 with priority shipping and a proper yihi chip. I hope it doesn't have the delay issues he ipv mini had.

Also I wanted to see how the expromizer tank
Is.

After the gem though I've lost my desire to try other tanks. There is no way anything tastes better than this and the taifun. So if anything I'll probably try to find a second gem. I'm big on small.
That's what I was wondering if it was a clone. I just got the Tobeco hurricane too. I'm like you if I am not sure about a device I would rather get the clone. I have a GT2 clone & love it. An authentic one is on my list for sure. I have a question for you about the hurricane. Does yours leak from air holes?? Mine is fine but if I let it sit overnight liquid has leaked out or even a couple of hours. Have tried 2 different wicking methods with same results any suggestions?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I've never had it leak at all. It seems fine. When I got it the 510 pin was stuck in the insulator and is still not right. But that's the on,y issue. The vendor said they would return it for me.

The authentic taifun is miles ahead of the clone. The base of the clone is just bad to be honest. Wonky posts. Bad connectivity with temp control and weird fit of a lot of stuff. I had fast tech romance Dee bases as they weren't right. Finally gave in and bought the authentic. It was just enough to show me the real one would be great.

Are you wicking the hurricane like it was a kayfun or wicking through the holes on the side like it was a taifun gt2? The videos all said to do the shoulder up against the holes kind of method like it was a kayfun but it collects juice like Pokemon that way. I went back to wicking it by cutting the ends through the holes and it's been way better.

If you're leaking through air holes my guess is you are wicking the internal way and its not enough material. So,it's pooling and then flooding the central air hole.

Let me know and we will take it from there. You can send a pm if you want to avoid thread derailing.

3 mm coil. Cotton bacon in there very tight.

343d579eb68954fc5e8ed1c4e019cc15.jpg

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
I've never had it leak at all. It seems fine. When I got it the 510 pin was stuck in the insulator and is still not right. But that's the on,y issue. The vendor said they would return it for me.

The authentic taifun is miles ahead of the clone. The base of the clone is just bad to be honest. Wonky posts. Bad connectivity with temp control and weird fit of a lot of stuff. I had fast tech romance Dee bases as they weren't right. Finally gave in and bought the authentic. It was just enough to show me the real one would be great.

Are you wicking the hurricane like it was a kayfun or wicking through the holes on the side like it was a taifun gt2? The videos all said to do the shoulder up against the holes kind of method like it was a kayfun but it collects juice like Pokemon that way. I went back to wicking it by cutting the ends through the holes and it's been way better.

If you're leaking through air holes my guess is you are wicking the internal way and its not enough material. So,it's pooling and then flooding the central air hole.

Let me know and we will take it from there. You can send a pm if you want to avoid thread derailing.

3 mm coil. Cotton bacon in there very tight.

343d579eb68954fc5e8ed1c4e019cc15.jpg
Will do. Going to redo coil & wick tomorrow.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
If you are looking for a decent MTL with premade coils, try looking at the Kabuki - it uses the same coils as the Nautilus, with a slight adjustable AF.
Interesting. I had a nautilus and mini though and I'm
Not sold on he could. Unless maybe I remember something about them shifting to a occ coil in the nautilus? Did they change he coils in the last year or so ? Not bvc after that

I think ok going to buy some more ego one clr coils and just build like 15-20 of those. It's probably the best mouth to lung hit of tanks I've used. Even the .5 aren't bad and the chimney is nonexistent.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia

You are much better served in VW and in TC with the iStickTC40W as you will be with the IPV D2. The D2 has very bad results in both VW and TC, it's overpowered and the TC, although there, doesn't really do the job.
The eVic VTC Mini, on the other hand, has a replaceable battery too, has the second best TC chip in the market (taken from the tests done to this day on various TC chips; 1st is the Dicodes), does a remarkably good job on all fronts and is cheaper that the D2.

R

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
You are much better served in VW and in TC with the iStickTC40W as you will be with the IPV D2. The D2 has very bad results in both VW and TC, it's overpowered and the TC, although there, doesn't really do the job.
The eVic VTC Mini, on the other hand, has a replaceable battery too, has the second best TC chip in the market (taken from the tests done to this day on various TC chips; 1st is the Dicodes), does a remarkably good job on all fronts and is cheaper that the D2.

R
Absolutely diagree about the D2. I have 2 ( and a vtc mini) and the ipv and the JT devices are very good. Both are underpoerwed for TC with Ti but not so bad they are unusable. I also have iStick 40W TC and it is working beautifully with an Erlkoenigin and Ti build!

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Absolutely diagree about the D2. I have 2 ( and a vtc mini) and the ipv and the JT devices are very good. Both are underpoerwed for TC with Ti but not so bad they are unusable. I also have iStick 40W TC and it is working beautifully with an Erlkoenigin and Ti build!

Good to hear. I hope it works out for h00ligan too.

R

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
i can't buy another joytech product.. i just have to stick to my guns about it. Also I had an evic and it was downright TERRIBLE. I ended up replacing it then returning it. It wouldn't detect half my tanks, the resistance changed after sleep, and it was one that blasted full power for a second. It was without exception the worst mod I have ever owned. I know they did fix the issue and release a new one.. but that company is awful about support. They dont really have any kind of usable warranty at all... no matter what they say, unless you have a really good reseller nothing will happen.... because they screw either customers or resellers... it takes an act of congress to get them to do anything, even when their stuff is blowing up..

I have a hard time believing the new one contains a chip better than:

dna 200
dna 40
yihi 350j

it may work well, but i'd be shocked if it is better than those.

That said if it works like crap I will return the d2, if possible... or it will wind up in a drawer with all the other failures lol... then maybe i will look for the vtc..and it will work great and I will eat my words.. but my gut reaction is to stay very very far away from them overall. At least if the device costs more than $30

whats the price on the vtc anyway? seems like there is a crazy forum war going on between vtc lovers and d2 lovers. can't we all just get along?'

While I have strong opinions about the original evic, I appreciate your feedback. I figure I will take the chance on the yihi chip over the joytech /eleaf/ismoka
By the way, the istick tc isn't made to work with ti, it does if you turn the temp way down, but the math it does is very far off - depending on the situation that may or may not matter, turning it down may be ok - works for me, but it's not technically supported for anyone reading this who was considering ( especially since i posted a pic of it)

so OtherSteve, which do you prefer if you own both? Guys in the uk fasttech thread really seem to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread