Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

Kruzer00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Long Island, NY, USA
What!? Brandon owns opus!

Omg. Ordering this mod would essentially kill any plans for ordering the elusive gem tank until a later date.

Buy the GEM. We know from experience that it is always a minimum 6-7 months from Q's video to release of an MB product so start saving......[emoji3]

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
What!? Brandon owns opus!

Omg. Ordering this mod would essentially kill any plans for ordering the elusive gem tank until a later date.

I read all 23 pages of the 200 thread. With four (4) TC/TP devices the GEM is far more important to me. At the moment, I do not have any (or nearly any) budget constraints. I could own both..but why do I need another TC mod?

I will wait to see the alternatives of the 200 (Opus box) and for what YiHi releases in the next couple-three months.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Im still in for the GEM. The DNA200 is interesting but I dont quite get it. Why in the name of all that's holy did they support 200W? Some people may like the idea and one doesnt have to use 200W but the problem is that it puts such a constraint on battery configuration so you are stuck with LiPO packs or, at best, 3x18650's in series. Also, Im not sure I really need to be able to tinker with that much stuff. I am a nerd for sure but this seems a bit much. Its a blooody battery pack for God's sake. Looks like it is also Windows only so Im out on that basis alone. The biggest issue is that if you want to use Ti for example, you need to upload the TCF curve in csv format, then that is all you can use unless you switch it back to Ni, presumably requiring the computer interface again. No presets as yet Clunky doesnt begin to describe it..User upgradeable is a bit plus but not exactly game-changing after yihi. Certainly a 'pass' for the moment but I'll see how it pans out. On the plus side, looks like there is a vaporshark DNA200 in the pipeline at 'around $200) so that will be interesting...

Come on Mark B, lets get this baby stuck on the top of my new dicodes (if it ever arrives...)!!

Kruzer00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Long Island, NY, USA
As long as we are sitting here "Waiting for Godot" one of the things that occurred to me was that Mark was a real innovator with his Chalice which has become one of the gold standards for squonking and it would really be interesting to see Mark's design for a squonk box.

I don't find the 200 watt thing particularly exciting either. I bought a Sigelei 150 but find that all my regulated time is spent on either the WAE or the SX Mini J. I have to say I am now opting for the YiHi chips these days.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Havent tried squonking myself but am very tempted. As you say, the Chalice seems to be a fantastic device for this. There is a tube mod for squonking right (probably several..)?? I think Busardo reviewed one with the Chalice but my memory may be failing me...
A 'tube mod' for squonking gets too long. Beyond comfort levels. Todd reviewed one a few months back. Sqonkers are best when boxed. Yes, making them as slim as possible is the key.

Reactions: LittleBird

Kruzer00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Long Island, NY, USA
A 'tube mod' for squonking gets too long. Beyond comfort levels. Todd reviewed one a few months back. Sqonkers are best when boxed. Yes, making them as slim as possible is the key.

Exactly right. Tube gets too long because you are stacking an atty on top of a bottle on top of a battery. But they can get tiny and provide 6-10ml of juice so there are no messy changes if you are out for the day. Here is a quick pic of my REO mini. Much smaller than a pack of cigarettes and because you are able to add juice squeezing you get an all day dripper within a tiny atty if you want. Of course a regulated mod gets bigger. But people are doing some pretty cool things and I suspect that Mark could make something really cool.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434375455.131256.jpg

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Here is a larger one with an SX chip and 650 battery. I am not a die hard squonker but they are great when you really are away for the day and want a drip experience - you're just defying gravity and dripping upward[emoji3]. View attachment 464335

Which mod, which SX Chip?

Reactions: qorax

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Since it has been mentioned, I bought my first MB product, a Chalice III, a couple of weeks ago. The quality so far exceeds anything I've EVER had. And it's a flavor machine.

The machining quality is pretty much second to none. But in terms of performance it's really too small to be enjoyable. I'm squonking after every hit. cant get anymore wick in there for even a longer hit than a mouth to lung, I don't get the hype about it at all. And the flavor is good for a mouth to lung hit, anything else is just meh.

Reactions: Phone Guy

Kruzer00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Long Island, NY, USA
The machining quality is pretty much second to none. But in terms of performance it's really too small to be enjoyable. I'm squonking after every hit. cant get anymore wick in there for even a longer hit than a mouth to lung, I don't get the hype about it at all. And the flavor is good for a mouth to lung hit, anything else is just meh.

That is what it (and the original 14mm attys) were designed for and why there are guys drilling bottom feed holes in 22mm RDA's The atty on my last pic is a dual coil powerhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread