Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Define "high end", as every single atty in my signature came with a drip tip. lol
Obviously you've owned a lot more attys and may find it more acceptable, but I find the thought of not including a drip tip a little stingy.
Doesn't matter if it's a cheap delrin one or a fancy metal, a drip tip is not a "disposable" item like coils/wick etc and should always be part of the basic package.
I'm sorry, but supplying attys without a drip tip is like selling shoes without the laces included!
Even more-so as this Gem isn't a standard finish, matching an aftermarket tip to its look won't be easy in the slightest.

edit: possible correction, the Calix without the "air-tip" option, did that come with a standard drip tip? I dunno. :p

Sir, most modder based, limited run, attys don't come with a drip-tip. Viz. Gus-ESTIA (also their Phenomenon, Aiolos-SM or T), GP Spheroid (also their Heron), GG Tilemahos (also their Penelope, Ithaka and Oddy), Line-LE by Van, Prometey by Bashik and many more.

It's only the large scale producers who typically add a drip-tip, which I typically do not use anyway.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Sir, most modder based, limited run, attys don't come with a drip-tip. Viz. Gus-ESTIA (also their Phenomenon, Aiolos-SM or T), GP Spheroid (also their Heron), GG Tilemahos (also their Penelope, Ithaka and Oddy), Line-LE by Van, Prometey by Bashik and many more.

It's only the large scale producers who typically add a drip-tip, which I typically do not use anyway.
Prometey came with a delrin DT actually
Heron also comes with a DT
Original Tilemahos had a DT/liquid control single assembly

I think "many" don't come with DT would be a better word ;)

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Prometey came with a delrin DT actually
Heron also comes with a DT
Original Tilemahos had a DT/liquid control single assembly

I think "many" don't come with DT would be a better word ;)

THE WGU CLUB

Prometey came with a delrin DT actually ~yep, a lousy one, never took it out of the box, so didn't remember!
Heron also comes with a DT ~from it's second or third batch (with a price hike to make a combo)
Original Tilemahos had a DT/liquid control single assembly ~JC tips are another matter (I love the Sophia's tipped upper too)

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
I'm 50/50 with mine.
SquapeR and ErlK I use aftermarket tips.
Calix and Ubertoot I use the stock drip tip (the UTA of which is suprisingly comfortable, not sure why as it looks cheap lol).

In that case I own one "high-end" atty, the Ubertoot. Of which, it includes a drip tip! :lol:
I just find it strange. Usually if I'm buying a premium/exclusive item I'd expect all the basics to be included, even if I don't end up using it. Maybe it's just me. :pervy:

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Prometey came with a delrin DT actually ~yep, a lousy one, never took it out of the box, so didn't remember!
Heron also comes with a DT ~from it's second or third batch (with a price hike to make a combo)
Original Tilemahos had a DT/liquid control single assembly ~JC tips are another matter (I love the Sophia's tipped upper too)
Oh, I don't use the stock DTs on the Prom or Heron, lol, I'm just sayin' :)

I also think on the v2 of the Tilemahos it was a mistake to not include a DT,because you pretty much have to buy a GG to work the JC properly (every non-GG tip I've used just spins, or I need to pull on it to get leverage, lol). I've preordered the original style mouthpiece before I snagged a GG DT, which finally works splendidly

THE WGU CLUB

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
What also confuses me is the Chalice III comes with a drip tip. lol
The DT we've seen pictured in earlier shots was the Chalice 3 DT. I probably would have just used that if it didn't come with one, I liked the MB signature finish from top to bottom

THE WGU CLUB

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
The DT we've seen pictured in earlier shots was the Chalice 3 DT. I probably would have just used that if it didn't come with one, I liked the MB signature finish from top to bottom

THE WGU CLUB

To elaborate, it confused me as the Chalice by the same maker has a drip tip, yet the Gem originally didn't.
I just didn't get the change, except if the Chalice didn't count as "high end". ;)

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Define "high end", as every single atty in my signature came with a drip tip. lol
Obviously you've owned a lot more attys and may find it more acceptable, but I find the thought of not including a drip tip a little stingy.
Doesn't matter if it's a cheap delrin one or a fancy metal, a drip tip is not a "disposable" item like coils/wick etc and should always be part of the basic package.
I'm sorry, but supplying attys without a drip tip is like selling shoes without the laces included!
Even more-so as this Gem isn't a standard finish, matching an aftermarket tip to its look won't be easy in the slightest.

edit: possible correction, the Calix without the "air-tip" option, did that come with a standard drip tip? I dunno. [emoji14]
I agree 100%. All attys should come with Tip.

Reactions: vakaion

Kruzer00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Long Island, NY, USA
Irrespective of what the norm is (and I like others have gotten high end atty's with and without drip tips and even from the same manufacturer) I am excited about this offering with drip tip as I will likely treat the Gem and the WAE as one piece. Now I can't wait for Q's video and the offering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kruzer00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Long Island, NY, USA
It is confirmed ~ this weekend my 'full videotorial' will be released. Alongwith pics of the GEM atop all my mods (22mm included).

With or without the moving car? [emoji3] seriously, very much looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: qorax

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member