Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I run 28g twisted kanthal in both my GEM's, 2.5mm 5 wraps completely fills the space. I may have given up if the first try didn't work so well, but I've learned what to look for now and it doesn't take too many tries to get it right.

As for the removeable chimney, I cranked mine down with turbocad's wire coiling pliers and started turning the top cap only until it stops and no more. There have been no more issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I run 28g twisted kanthal in both my GEM's, 2.5mm 5 wraps completely fills the space. I may have given up if the first try didn't work so well, but I've learned what to look for now and it doesn't take too many tries to get it right.

As for the removeable chimney, I cranked mine down with turbocad's wire coiling pliers and started turning the top cap only until it stops and no more. There have been no more issues since.

Interesting. Do your builds come it just below .5 ohm and what power settings do you use? Next time you build will you take a top and wide .... of the deck for us? I live on twisted coils in other devices but I couldn't get this working acceptably at all. The low ohm build and wicking just wouldn't work with 90% vg. But almost no builds in this tank seem to work with that thick of a juice unless they're temperature control.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I honestly don't remember what ohm's, the GEMs have been on the sideline for a while because they leak a bit when I refill. Not a huge issue, but on the XvoStick I can't tell when that's happening and it's a real PITA to clean up.

I'll try to remember to pull out a deck tonight and clean it up for some pics and more info.

Reactions: h00ligan

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Break time ;)

2jh5s7.jpg

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Good luck to everyone who wants one.

I honestly don't remember what ohm's, the GEMs have been on the sideline for a while because they leak a bit when I refill. Not a huge issue, but on the XvoStick I can't tell when that's happening and it's a real PITA to clean up.

I'll try to remember to pull out a deck tonight and clean it up for some pics and more info.

Yah you really have to stop where he glass ends to have them not push it out the air hole. Even if it's closed flipped and opened upside down. When I don't push it that far mine are fine. I've sold one of my gems now. Fwiw I kept the one with the issues as I didn't feel it would be right. Mark bugs is sending me a new 510 adaptor for that one. Finally was able to get back to
Me

I've asked him
If he will offer a chimney upgrade program for those wishing to correct the issues with the current gem wicking. If I get s response I'll relay.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I've asked him if he will offer a chimney upgrade program for those wishing to correct the issues with the current gem wicking. If I get a response, I'll relay.
Issues with current GEM wicking?
Uh oh...what are the current issues? I haven't noticed any, however, I'm only on my first build.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Gone BADA55!

ogvvrt.jpg
Is that Clapton or twisted. What's the resistance and wire. Btw per your recommendation j got a heron v2 with paps and piccoloid. Also on the way phenomenon lite and Gus 22.

Traded a gem to a member we will see pop in here I'm sure.

Have to figure which builds work best in them all tried three in the piccoloid and so far I need to probably work on it. It's my fault. I can barely coil right now and I shouldn't be. It's frustrating to have all this nice stuff and not be able to use it.

Anyway thx for the videos and build ideas !

All that's said my gem is wicking well strike that. Almost wicking acceptably right now with the juice I'm using. I had to add 5% distilled water so clearly it's a high vg issue.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Issues with current GEM wicking?
Uh oh...what are the current issues? I haven't noticed any, however, I'm only on my first build.
Hey man I wouldn't worry about it. A small agent of customers for whatever reason have issues with wicking. I believe the chimney holes should be wider so we can stuff more wick without dry hits. It appears Mark bugs had already decided he wanted to do it that way. So I think for those of use who really need the change for the gem to not be pretty useless should have the option of and homeboy upgrade. I've built and wicked a lot and it's for all intents and purposes practically impossible for me to use my adv in the gem without having to thin it unless I build t for temp control. I vape 90% vg though. I also feel that the wicking is quite a bit more finicky than it needs to be Which I believe is a shared view but some others. So to save us from having to go find someone to drill out the chimney holes , which I inquired about (as in if we do that to match the new gem pieces also it her adjustments have to be made or can we find someone to drill it out ) I think for the very limited few who would like it a modest fee for w chimney swap out should be offered)

It's my belief I'm not alone in feeling wicking is lackluster. Chances are if you already built it once and haven't had issues then you don't fall into the circumstances - whatever they may be- which create the issue. My guess is thicker juice or really thin juice.

That said clearly some do. And a chimney upgrade plan would allow him to do 5-500 new chimneys with wider hikes and for s modest core charge and our chimney we can get a replacement which functions a bit better for our style of vaping.

Obviously if I'm alone and others wouldn't prefer a new chimney style. Maybe I personally can discuss with him a specific one off. I asked about a chimney upgrade plan thinking there were probably at least twenty or more GEM owners who would rather have the new style chimney with larger holes.

FOR THOSE WITH WICKING ISSUES ON THE GEM

If any of you feel you would like the chimney with larger holes would you please take a moment to send an email to office @ m a r k b u g s . R o <== (remove spaces. I'm trying to save him spam) and vocalize it. If you have issues with the gem wicking this is probably the solution but clearly a suggestion to offer an upgrade from one person isn't going to mean much. I doubt the suggestion has any shot of making it without others emailing unless he steadily reads this thread which I doubt he has time to do. The goal is not to harass him- just let him know you feel it is an issue and would like to see the ability to change chimneys for one more functional. I'm sure it goes without saying that being rude is unacceptable but I just want to be clear this is not an email harassment campaign it's so he can see there is demand not just one guy making moistening corner. With the sheer number of posts about wicking in this thread alone my guess is there should be enough demand for him to justify the time to make his customers happy. I certainly hope so.

Reactions: HBcorpse

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Anyone have any recommendations for a SOUR/TANGY juice?
I like sweet, and some savory, but man...there are no sour vapes anymore! Everything is custard this or cream that...
Sweet tart from velvet vapors?

I vape fruit and cream. Snickers. Other fruity deserts etc Mso for me I wish it was a bit sweeter. However I have a couple friends and that's all they vape. It's a coincidence they are in Arizona fwiw. It's not s local shop. They're in Tucson I'm in Scottsdale / Phoenix

I found out about them when I was in New York. Lol

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Anyone have any recommendations for a SOUR/TANGY juice?
I like sweet, and some savory, but man...there are no sour vapes anymore! Everything is custard this or cream that...

Not sure if this fills the bill, but Coconut Thai by Ripe Vapes is my first thought.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Oh another thing that's not a standard flavor / deserts

I vape this when I can get it in bulk. It's extremely light refreshing and tart. It's a wonderful creation by the guys who run the company seem to be making every bad decision they can. They're releasing new bottle sizes and revised pricing in January. Grab a 30ml and see if you like it as hat won't change.

It's a super unique and amazing vape imo

CREAM - Cumulus

"Huge, puffy clouds filled with tart raspberry rounded off with cucumber and sweet spearmint."

Cucumber adds light and bright. It leads with a very airy tart raspberry and rounds off with slightly sweet spearmint

I wasn't sure what to make of it when I heard about it but vaped it and just ordered 360 ml of it. It's probably the best juice I've vaped from America - these guys are local to me. He worked in a. Vape shop before quitting. But we aren't friends or anything o barely know him. He had an amazing red vines vape I tried whe it was in beta. Unfortunately the flavor fell apart in release. It tasted nothing like red vines when I tried s bottle. Maybe hey screwed up labeling and it was another flavor they have. His red vines was super. I may try it again. Anyway I do have to give him credit for being creative and finding combos that work well. I really hope he can screw his business head on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread