Genesis Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Thanks so much van and del. Got my line, one week to New York. No probs with the set up at all. Great flavor, clean, and great vapor. Machining is perfect and kcos' mini Ming fit with a little hammer tap.

One thing I was concerned about was throat hit. Ever since I dropped from 24 to 12 mg nic, I have been vaping at about 20 watts (7.4 v with a 2.5 or 3 ohm dual carto) to get the TH I need.

I tried a set up with 4 wraps, 3 wraps and 2 wraps. All worked fine, but all lacked in TH from what I am used to. I noticed less wraps gives less vapor volume (less surface area covered) and more volume adds to TH in my opinion. So I am going to stick with four wraps for a day or so, and maybe try 3 for a few days as well. I am using 400 mesh with 32g kanthal A, and perhaps after awhile ill try the 300 mesh and maybe thinner wire. I want to just give it a shot at the standard for some time and see it breaks in.

Thanks again. Perhaps I will also post this in ECF for more input.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Try rolling a more volume wick 45mm x 40mm around a paperclip, 7 or more wraps 32 awg, at 5 to 6v gives me great TH. Every time I have tried 3 or 4 wraps it was awful might as well not vape. You really need the surface area to get TH, many are confusing the heat off a very hot 3 wraps as TH.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-forum/250979-genesis-line-4.html#post5465827

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

I roll a 45mm x 40mm #400ss trim the ends square to 42 mm and it fits easily into the hole.
No dry hits and wicks down to the last drop of juice.

If i woudl have known the SS's woudl have been made when i first ordered my Linev2 i woudl have waited... sigh

... come on ... just switch to vaporwall.com ... and put your name on the waiting list for the next round "LINE SS" ...

... you're asking why? Cause you can't stand on one leg, so you shouldn't go just on one LINE .... LOOOL :thumbs:

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Im on vaporwall too...and i have a Line v1 and the Line v2...as much as id like to have it all..im cash strapped :(

... come on ... just switch to vaporwall.com ... and put your name on the waiting list for the next round "LINE SS" ...

... you're asking why? Cause you can't stand on one leg, so you shouldn't go just on one LINE .... LOOOL :thumbs:

DDD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
Update....

After vaping with a three wrap set up (3/2) for two straight days, the line has substantially changed.

It is now really really giving great TH and vapor. Really did change and unbelievable. I love it and am so happy. Works great on the mini Don, but drains the batteries quick (aw imr 18350)

Please help me though....I keep getting a few hot spots. If I put the wick closer to the tall post...I get a hot spot at the bottom coil. If I move it away, I get a hot spot at the top coil. By moving things around it may go away, but comes back.. where does this come from and what can I do. Thanks ddd.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread