Genesis RBAs and Pocket-Combs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I have watched tutorial videos pertaining to Genesis RBAs, specifically, eHuman and pBusardo. I watched another pBusardo vid yesterday( the link provided by a very smart member of this forum) In it, Mr. Busardo discusses how he finally 'gets it', wrt the Genesis RBAs.

eHumans videos used to make me mad, a little bit. His videos and blog always stress having the perfectly rolled wick
and perfectly wrapped coil. According to eHuman, i am not allowed to lean my wick in to the positive pin, or leave my fill screw out. In this genesis rba game, that is considered cheating. Well, my
coil wraps are all pretty and nice on my wick. So why do I have to lean my wick in, after I start pulsing current through my set up? Why the wicking issues and these ugly little hot legs?

I have been playing with microcoils for the past couple days. 12 wrap 28g Kanthal on a 5/64 drill bit, and a firecracker ss mesh wick threaded into it. Setting up my Aga TD, and little Aga Ss was virtually effortless, with only a little brushing to get rid of hot legs.

I looked at my microcoils, and their position on my atties. They look like hair combs, standing on end. All of the wraps run PARALLEL to the deck, perpendicular to the positive post. My 4,5,6 wrapped traditional gennie setups look like CANDY CANES. All of the wraps are spaced out evenly, but you have to lean the wick in to get even wire tension and hot spot elimination along the coil.

I reset up my Aga Hydras. 60mm wide by 25mm tall, completely unoxidized wick. 6 wrap 28g Kanthal. Hand wrapped coil directly onto the wick, on the device. I left the syringe needle that I used to roll the wick inside the wick, as I wound the coil. Evened out wraps--using a little flat head screwdriver, I brushed up down side to side, the coil. Coil looked like a six tooth comb standing on end. Wick straight up and down. Very fast pulses. Little shorts along the coil, until the top of wick was oxidized. 1.2 and 1.3 Ω for the two gennies. Awesome vape. eHuman, pBusardo, and Zen videos helped me ALOT!! Peace

Last edited:

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
image.jpg pix of my builds

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I developed some wicking issues on the way to work last night. I redid these coils again. I made a change, in how i coiled these. These are Agas, and not Rsst's. Rssts are much more forgiving--i think that one of the reasons is that they lend themselves to ambidexterity. You can coil them, starting from the neg lead, counter, then clockwise, then counter @ the pos pin. Or, if you feel like it, clockwise, counter, then clockwise, starting @ the neg lead. The washer-and-spring @ the pos pin allow for easy adjustments for evening up wire tension. Agas--you have to tighten the nuts at the pos pin clockwise, and you have no other choice in this unless you mod the atty. Since I am not 'candy caning' my wraps anymore, it would not benefit me to have any increased tension @ that pos pin, and could be why i had a hot leg.

From the neg lead, I wrapped counter, then clockwise around the wick, then wrapped counter around the pos pin, then tightened the nut @ the pos pin just until it was snug. My partner @ work was kept entertained--and awake--as I pulse-oxidized the wick. The vape is even better, but I have had a migraine, so I will have to fully test it later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread