Getting back into vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper Shrek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
NW Wisconsin
I started vaping about 6 years ago. I quit smoking and it lasted about 4 months.
I found myself super tired in the morning and it was so hard to get out of bed and I was dealing with all frying my coils all the time and it seemed like any juice got old really fast. I stopped vaping and started smoking again and the tiredness went away. Been smoking ever since.
Last fall I ordered a Kanger Evod starter kit and extra coils. Tried it a few times and I dont like how it cant stand up and I dont like the built in batteries. I used to have a cheap mod with 2 18650 batteries and I likes that setup.

So I guess coming back here I am looking for support and help in all the newer equipment.
What are your recommendations for a good quality Mod with removable battery or batteries and varible voltage? Also looking for good tanks? I like something that holds a fair amount of juice and has good coils. I used to burn up a lot of coils. I am going to help a friend start vaping also so I will be giving him ideas on what to buy. Looking to stay around $50 for the mod.
I was thinking about the SMOKTech AL85 Starter Kit, Kanger KBOX 70W 4000mAh, GeekVape Aegis TC Box Mod, or the Wismec Sinuous P80 Starter Kit

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Geek Vape Aegis is a chunk but also fairly indestructible. However, you'll also NEED an external charger as the device has no charging circuit.

Pass on the KBox 70.

The Al85 is an OK starter kit as is the Wismec.

Consider also the iStick Pico 21700. It offers a decent wattage range, decent battery life, compact design, and a reasonable price. Even the OG Pico 18650 is a good starter, and the Melo tank and coils are pretty good, too.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I am not sure your price range, but I HIGHLY recommend the HCigar VT75D mod. It's a dual 18650 mod in a kind of rounded triangular shape, which makes it extremely stable standing up. It has the highly accurate and well respected DNA 75C board in it. It's feels sturdy and well made, and feels good in the hand. It is also a very short, compact mod for a dual battery.

hcigar-vt75d-baterijos-modifikacija.jpg

As for tanks, you have not mentioned if you are a MTL (mouth to lung) or DL (direct lung) vaper. Coming from smoking my guess is probably MTL. If so, and you do not want to use a rebuildable, then perhaps the Zenith tank from Innokin would go nicely with this. If you are willing to consider a rebuildable (as suggested by @Ionori), then perhaps the Ares from Innokin would be a good choice. If you want an RBA that has the potential to do either a loose MTL (by using a narrower drip tip and closing off 75-80% of the airlfow) OR a DL (Original drip tip and more open airflow) then I can suggest the Serpent SMM as what I personally use.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I am MTL. I have never done DL. Not saying I cannot change though.
Budget is around $50 to $70 to start out.

Well my setup is just a bit out of that range @ $105.43 total for both the VT75D and the Serpent SMM from Fasttech. If you don't already have 2 18650 batteries you would need to add those as well. 4 batteries is preferred (but not required) so you can have 2 charging and 2 in the mod, as well as an external charger. You are going to need batteries and a charger for anything you get though unless it has a built in battery.

Vaping can be a bit expensive to get started but far cheaper in the long run compared to smoking which is cheap to get started, but costs you an arm, a leg, and a lung over the long haul.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Is there a huge difference running 1 battery or 2? I was looking at dual and found the Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 that one dont look to big and i like the price on it.
Otherwise are there any other recommended mods and tanks? I dont want to buy something I will regret.

The primary difference is that you will get longer battery life from dual batts. You can also hit higher wattages with 2 batts but as MTL that isn't going to be a concern. I get a bit more than 2 days on my mod with dual batts before having to recharge.

Of course the specific batts you choose, your mod, your settings, will all affect battery life, so YMMV.

Trapper Shrek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
NW Wisconsin
Well my setup is just a bit out of that range @ $105.43 total for both the VT75D and the Serpent SMM from Fasttech. If you don't already have 2 18650 batteries you would need to add those as well. 4 batteries is preferred (but not required) so you can have 2 charging and 2 in the mod, as well as an external charger. You are going to need batteries and a charger for anything you get though unless it has a built in battery.

Vaping can be a bit expensive to get started but far cheaper in the long run compared to smoking which is cheap to get started, but costs you an arm, a leg, and a lung over the long haul.

I know lol, I had a dual battery Mod before with 4 batteries and 2 chargers. I liked it but it was not VV so I would fry the coils really quick. About every 2 to 3 days. I tries a lot of different coils and tanks. I have been doing a lot of reading and trying to get a grip on all the new stuff but dont want to make a bad purchase or recommendation to my friend.
My first mod was a plastic box with 2 batteries and a button, none of this fancy stuff now days. 6 years really has made a huge difference in the vaping world LOL

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The Geek Vape Aegis is a chunk but also fairly indestructible. However, you'll also NEED an external charger as the device has no charging circuit.

Pass on the KBox 70.

The Al85 is an OK starter kit as is the Wismec.

Consider also the iStick Pico 21700. It offers a decent wattage range, decent battery life, compact design, and a reasonable price. Even the OG Pico 18650 is a good starter, and the Melo tank and coils are pretty good, too.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I agree on the Pico 21700 kit and it's on sale at eightvape for $33.99 right now and I believe the code eightvape10 will get you an additional 10% off. It also comes with an adapter to use 18650 batteries.
They also ship from Vegas, so you'd get it lickity :banana:

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Reactions: Letitia

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The primary difference is that you will get longer battery life from dual batts. You can also hit higher wattages with 2 batts but as MTL that isn't going to be a concern. I get a bit more than 2 days on my mod with dual batts before having to recharge.

Of course the specific batts you choose, your mod, your settings, will all affect battery life, so YMMV.

I get about 2 days on my single 21700 Espion Solo running a .64 coil in a Geekvape Zeus at 14 to 18 watts.

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread