Rate these Mods and Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper Shrek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
NW Wisconsin
This is a piggyback thread to this one here....
Getting back into vaping

So a little info on what I am trying to achieve.
I would be doing MTL looking for good throat hit and good vape cloud.
I used to run 18mg nic in 50/50 or 70/30
Want removable batteries
Not a huge device
I am outside a lot. Usually working in the yard, garden or out fishing on shore or in my boat.
Need something that is fairly durable.

Here is a list of kits I am thinking about. Trying to keep it around $40 to $70. Upgrade to the Innokin Zenith MTL tank in the future. Please rate them to aid me in narrowing down what I should get. I dont want to buy something that will be regretted.

Wismec Predator 228 Starter Kit
Innokin Proton with Scion 2 Starter Kit
SMOKTech H-Priv 2 Starter Kit
SMOKTech MAG Starter Kit
GeekVape Aegis Legend Starter Kit
Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual Starter Kit

Here are what I have narrowed it down for just mods not in a kit
GeekVape Aegis TC Box Mod
Wismec Sinuous P80 Mod Only

Also if you have any recommendations for good tanks besides the Zenith, I am all ears. I need something that is not prone to leaking and is easy to fill. 2 to 4ml

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Almost every mod you listed is overkill for a MTL vape. The exception is the Aegis, since you're outside a lot.

I'd look for a single 18650 mod, doesn't need to be that powerful. Buy the tank separate.

Because you need something durable, i'd keep away from anything that looks like a power tool (i.e. that looks like a dewalt power tool).

Pico line fits in well here. Aegis, albeit big. UWELL Nunchaku would actually be a real good fit, but not sure if the zenith sits flush on it (don't own either).

Edit: I looked around. In your price range I really think a PICO would fit. Aegis if you want super durability.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
IF you go for the Aegis, make sure you get the Legend and not the original. The original had battery vent hole that (on the off chance batteries ever vented while vaping) directed battery venting gasses directly at your face. The new one has them pointed downward away from your face. Granted in a regulated mod battery venting shouldn't happen under most circumstances, but it can still happen, especially if battery wrappers get damaged, and IF it does happen, you don't what those gasses anywhere near your face.

I cannot speak to the tank that comes in that "kit".

Reactions: stols001

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I looked at the Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC Body Only but it will not fit the Zenith tank.

You sure? I don't MTL or use a pico, but the pico 25 is 25mm and the zenith is 23mm.

Hopefully someone who has both can confirm - @stols001 ?

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
You sure? I don't MTL or use a pico, but the pico 25 is 25mm and the zenith is 23mm.

Hopefully someone who has both can confirm - @stols001 ?

It won't fit the original Pico, it's 22mm max. It will fit on Pico 21700 and Pico 25.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Would it be better to get a 2 battery over a single? I just dont want to order a single batter and then want a dual in a month
Singles hold up well for mtl. If it were me, I’d rather have two singles than one double.

I like a back up. And these are inexpensive enough to do that with, and not be too bummed if you break one.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Thanks for that by the way. What is the difference between the 25 and the 21700? Just the battery?

21700 is slightly larger but can use a 21700, 20700, or 18650 batteries. 21700 battery should last you 1 1/2 to 2 days with tanks and vaping style you're describing. I vape that way and I get about 2 days and I vape a LOT!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
... if you have any recommendations for good tanks besides the Zenith, I am all ears. I need something that is not prone to leaking and is easy to fill. 2 to 4ml
I'm a huge fan of the original Uwell Crown. Easy top fill. Choice of four different coil resistances, each with their own suggested wattage range. For you, I suggest the 1.2 ohm coils. Wide range of air control, MTL to DTL. I have three standard size (4ml) and two mini's (2ml), none have ever leaked on me. My review is here: Tanks & RDA's Ratings & Explanations

upload_2018-4-18_15-12-32-jpeg.736925

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I get more vape time out of my single 21700 than I do my dual 18650's.
I get more vape time with my single 18650 battery DNA mod than I do with my dual 18650 battery mod (not DNA) or three 18650 battery mod (non DNA). Same batteries, same age, same vendor source. There are no absolutes concerning battery time unless you take into account the battery efficiency usage of the regulating chip of the mod, the different specifications of batteries, the wattage settings you use, etc.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Single vs dual battery, especially for mtl use, really comes down to how big your pockets are. If you want something small then a Pico 25 is more than sufficient and you should get a solid day from a single battery. So long as you're vaping low wattage mtl, a dual just buys you more runtime if that matters to you.

If you are looking specifically for a robust drop it in the fertilizer safe kind of mod then the Aegis is an excellent selection. But it is bulky compared to other choices.

Best way to settle the choice is to simply buy both. If you just buy one now, you'll just end up buying the other at some point anyway. The vape rule of have backups of backups justify almost any purchase. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread