Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I am going to go with the Pico 21700 for now and probably the Aegis in a few weeks as a backup. Thank you everyone for all the help. Now to figure out all the new fancy juices. LOL
Sounds like a good choice. I already have a Pico (22mm/75w version), and I really want an Aegis. I also just recently received a Proton kit which I really like, but it's so pretty, and not water-proof like the Aegis. Definitely not a "beater" mod (not yet, anyway); I wouldn't want to take this one with me out working in the garden, for example.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
This is a piggyback thread to this one here....
Getting back into vaping

So a little info on what I am trying to achieve.
I would be doing MTL looking for good throat hit and good vape cloud.
I used to run 18mg nic in 50/50 or 70/30
Want removable batteries
Not a huge device
I am outside a lot. Usually working in the yard, garden or out fishing on shore or in my boat.
Need something that is fairly durable.

Here is a list of kits I am thinking about. Trying to keep it around $40 to $70. Upgrade to the Innokin Zenith MTL tank in the future. Please rate them to aid me in narrowing down what I should get. I dont want to buy something that will be regretted.

Wismec Predator 228 Starter Kit
Innokin Proton with Scion 2 Starter Kit
SMOKTech H-Priv 2 Starter Kit
SMOKTech MAG Starter Kit
GeekVape Aegis Legend Starter Kit
Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual Starter Kit

Here are what I have narrowed it down for just mods not in a kit
GeekVape Aegis TC Box Mod
Wismec Sinuous P80 Mod Only

Also if you have any recommendations for good tanks besides the Zenith, I am all ears. I need something that is not prone to leaking and is easy to fill. 2 to 4ml
I have a gen 3. The kit comes with a gnome tank however I chose to purchase my mod individually. It's a real Beast at 300 watt capability and would seem to be quite a bit of Overkill for what you have in mind. My wife has an I just 2 it has an internal battery which as I know you did not care for however it has been an excellent device. I expect the I just 3 which is come out recently will be equally capable. Sorry not much help.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Singles hold up well for mtl. If it were me, I’d rather have two singles than one double.

I like a back up. And these are inexpensive enough to do that with, and not be too bummed if you break one.

Exactly.

I do understand that subohm DTL vapers need more than one battery in their mod... because one battery not only drain very fast when used for 50-100 watts vaping but two or more batteries provide bigger safety margin for rapid continuous discharge...

For MTL vapers single battery offer many advantages.... do not have to charge them as "married" set... can use different brands ... two batteries mod contacts are twice likely to have some contacts problem than one battery mod... one battery mods are not only much smaller and lighter but also sturdier/more rugged... single battery Geek Vape Aegis is one of the most rugged mods you can buy and below is official Geek Vape statement about newest 2 battery Aegis Legend:

"While the Aegis legend mod is even more durable than the first version on the mod itself, it cannot be as shockproof as the first version when equipped with dual 18650 batteries for the above reasons. Please DO NOT drop the legend above 1 meter or it may damage the battery inside or lose waterproof capability or get battery cap dented." Aegis Legend Shockproof Statement After reading this statment I immediately ordered original single battery for price much, much, much smaller than "improved" 2 battery version... original Aegis is still available for $39

Authentic GeekVape AEGIS 100W Water-proof Brown TC VW Box Mod

Are people so lazy or busy that they cannot find a minute or two to insert spare battery? And I agree 100% that two one battery mods are better than even fancy 2 battery mod with 2 battery inside and two spare in a pocket... if mod will stop working all 4 batteries even in great pristine condition will be no help...

The same is true about tanks... it is better to have two 2ml tanks than one 4ml tank... refilling takes minute or two...changing a tank less than minute... but if coil will burn or tank will break we always have second one... going for whole day with just one even the biggest tank does not make much sense to me...

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told all you need to do on the old Pico's is slap a 22mm heat sink on it that rises above the battery cap and you're good to go on any size tank as long as you're good with the aesthetics?
That could work, but would make that tiny mod a little clunky, don't you think?

Reactions: stols001

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
That could work, but would make that tiny mod a little clunky, don't you think?
Max diameter of atomizer?: FastTech Forums

KcvJQTNl.jpg

DSC_84199044.JPG

Really not bad at all, there's other examples itt.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread