Getting ripped off/please help/tank suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
Louisville, KY
Hi everyone! I’m a bit freaked. I’ve had 2 Tobecco Supertank 25mm (not the mini) but broke the glass for the 2nd time & can’t find a replacement anywhere. I was told they were too old & no one is selling them anymore. I’ve been in the ecig/vape game for about 10yrs (3yrs sub ohm) I’ve had 2 Supertanks & LOVE THEM! I had priming to a science. Using .5 coil, I could vape at 35-42 watts which is my *favorite* spot. I use the Aegis Solo mod. I’m not into hot hits or big clouds. I like a tight hit/decent throat hit. So I had to buy a new tank. A vape shop salesman told me that the geek vape z was exactly what I wanted & had from my Supertank. However I’m finding it way too aggressive. The mouthpiece is huge & there is no coil that will let me vape lower than 50-60 for .4 and then 70-80 watts for .2. I have SOOOOO much spitback but that could be a number of things. I paid $57 after tax & am stuck with a big fancy tank that looks cool but eats juice like crazy (because it’s requiring such a high wattage). CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME TO something similar to my Tobecco Supertank 25mm (it held 5ml & was just a bit bigger than the mini)?? I’m an ex smoker & I’m never going back to that, but I don’t enjoy vaping atm & can’t keep getting ripped off over & over. I know ppl that would love this tank, but it’s not for me. I wish I could sell it but yea right! I do my nicotine so not being able to vape is a huge bummer. I can’t buy another tank for 4 until Fri.!! Days b4 buying the Geekvape Z, In desperation on my way to a funeral, I stopped at a vape shop & bought a voopoo pnp pod tank at the suggestion from a different vape shop’s salesman. (It was so awful I won’t go into it). I really need some support from my fellow vapors since I’m kind of screwed. I found a few sites w/replacement glass for my Supertank but I am a 3rd shifter & cannot be home to show my I.D. & sign for it. I’m asking for any suggestions. My email is gonzogal@ymail my I’ll be checking back hoping for a reply. I feel I can no longer trust vape shops but I have faith in my fellow vapors! THANK YOU!!!!

Reactions: Superuser187

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Your best bet is to order from China if you don't want to have to sign for your vape mail. Expect 2-8 weeks for delivery and be patient.

Vaping Best has both straight glass and bubble glass (aka "Fat Boy") replacements. I have never ordered from them but I know many people have with success.

tobeco 25mm super tank replacement glass (3PCS) free shipping

If you can give me the exact width and height of the glass, I may be able to find it elsewhere in China.

borno

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2019
    land of pleasant living
    Your best bet is to order from China if you don't want to have to sign for your vape mail. Expect 2-8 weeks for delivery and be patient.

Vaping Best has both straight glass and bubble glass (aka "Fat Boy") replacements. I have never ordered from them but I know many people have with success.

If you can give me the exact width and height of the glass, I may be able to find it elsewhere in China.
    I've gotten "glass tubes" from them before, no problem:)

• Informative
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Title and content of your post is a bit misleading...

I mean how exactly were you ''ripped off''?

No one really forced you to buy the product,they presented a choice and you were free to buy or not buy.
    What happened to you has happened and will continue to happen to every vaper in the world,they either buy a vaping atomizer at a physical shop or from an online shop,they receive it,they try it and they don't like it...

Just posting to break a lance in favor of brick and mortar shops,if it weren't for my local vaping shop i would still be smoking.

Anyway,hope you find what you're looking for.

P.S: I use the Geekvape Z tank with the 0.2 coil almost daily and at 44 watts the vape is awesome.
    Wattage it shows in the coils doesn't really need to be followed precisely,i mean you do have to follow it but only when it comes to the max wattage.

Last edited:

harrycan

ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2013
    USA
    The OP is talking about getting ripped off from the Mom and Pop shops that like to think they know more then you.One tried to sale me a 510 tank for CBD oil.They had now idea what 510 was.I have never had a broken seal on my vape juice order from online,but the Mom and Pop shops yes a lot.I was in one Vape store and the sales lady was breaking the seals to let people taste test with there fingers.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I was in one Vape store and the sales lady was breaking the seals to let people taste test with there fingers.

I miss the old days when you could buy hamster food and cat litter in a store while a guy mixed up a bottle of Apple Pie 12mg. in the back.

10mls for $5 and 10% off major select dog food brands on Fridays.

Like I said, the old days. All the way back in 2014.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    The OP is talking about getting ripped off from the Mom and Pop shops that like to think they know more then you.One tried to sale me a 510 tank for CBD oil.They had now idea what 510 was.I have never had a broken seal on my vape juice order from online,but the Mom and Pop shops yes a lot.I was in one Vape store and the sales lady was breaking the seals to let people taste test with there fingers.

That might be the case over there but here in Europe or at least Spain i haven't had any major issues with any of the stores i have gone to.

Couple of points i would like to make:

1-. When you go to any store,vaping,electronics,etc,etc...i mean heck even car dealerships there is a chance you will not get what you really want or need if you haven't bothered to do some research first.
    And even then not all sales reps are out to get you and your money,some take great pride in their work because they know that a happy client means repeat business as opposed to one disgruntled first time client that will not return.
    Me personally? I do my research,can't spare money on mistakes so i make sure to spend hours trying to find whatever suits my needs,read reviews,watch videos etc...and then it's time to visit a B&M shop.

2-. I have had 3 cases of being in a vape shop where i was open to buy whatever i needed and in retrospect when i knew more about vaping i realized that they didn't try to sell me the most expensive product but the product that would be most useful for me.

Case in point my local vape shop,first time i went in which was like 3 and half years ago (the time i have been off cigs) and i had 100 euros and i was ready to get started with my vape journey.

When i left the store i had bought a Vaporesso Veco solo kit,couple of coils and some e-liquid...left the store happy and with half of my money left.
    Owner could have made me buy something more expensive but he recommended that i start with this kit and ease my way into it.

You should read this article since it brings out some really useful info on the subject of different consumers habits depending on their location in the world:

North America vs. Europe: An Omnichannel Scorecard

Like i said many times before,my Saturday visits to the vape shop (pre-Covid) were a ritual i really enjoyed.
    Get together with other vapers who all brought their newest mods and atomizers,have a chat with like minded individuals and check out the newest products in the shop.

Here in Europe going out to the store is a daily and enjoyable experience (unless you're going with your girlfriend on a clothes shopping spree...don't do it,run away in the opposite direction and flee the country).

I lived in Canada for many years so i know the huge distances you have to drive in your car just to go to that ''one'' shop but here?
    Everything is much closer,heck in the main pedestrian street in the center of town you have like 25 different type of shops where you can find anything from electronics to a good shave at the barber or even some home made take away food,whatever you need or want is there.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kmwa and MLEJ

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
    Louisville, KY
    Title and content of your post is a bit misleading...

I mean how exactly were you ''ripped off''?

[JUSTIFY_TEXT]You are correct. I was not ripped off but at the time I felt like it & I was grieving & did not go in using the correct verbiage. Now I understand I need to plainly state that I’m looking for a MTL tank that has a 510 drip tip & top fill design (preferably one that comes with or can be used with a .5 coil). I am not really into large cloud production or warm hits from high temps. I do like a nice throat hit, so I tend to keep the air flow almost right at or a bit less than a quarter open to get a tight hit. I was emotional, in a hurry, & working with 2 separate retailers I’d never done business with (not to say they don’t do good business). **One thing I want to make super clear is that I my local vape shops & I prefer them over any other method of shopping for my vaping needs. I learned almost everything I now know about vaping thanks to one specific local shop that has only 2 stores in the state of Indiana & they are my go-to shop. I also do as much business as possible with a shop owned by a married couple. They don’t have a lot & it’s a bit disorganized but they’ve always done me right. They have strange hours & weren’t open when I made 2 quick & desperate purchases. Yes I should have titled my post as “What is a good tank similar to the Tobecco Supertank” or something along those lines. I will say though that I have done many different things to try to get this Geekvape Z not to spit so much, but I’m pretty sure I simply got a defective product & it’s a loss, not the end of the world. Btw, I’m using the voopoo pnp tank & I’ve made some adjustments & changes to where I can at least use it until I can buy a new MTL tank made of stainless steel & glass. BBC (I will say that telling me that the Geekvape Z is “just like the Tobecco Supertank” was pretty uncool). I have most definitely learned my lesson, I just wish it hadn’t cost my $87.[/JUSTIFY_TEXT]

No one really forced you to buy the product,they presented a choice and you were free to buy or not buy.
    What happened to you has happened and will continue to happen to every vaper in the world,they either buy a vaping atomizer at a physical shop or from an online shop,they receive it,they try it and they don't like it...

Just posting to break a lance in favor of brick and mortar shops,if it weren't for my local vaping shop i would still be smoking.

Anyway,hope you find what you're looking for.

P.S: I use the Geekvape Z tank with the 0.2 coil almost daily and at 44 watts the vape is awesome.
    Wattage it shows in the coils doesn't really need to be followed precisely,i mean you do have to follow it but only when it comes to the max wattage.

Last edited:
    Reactions: daleron
    Mmmmm…12mg. Sounds pretty good right about now.
    Did a quick search there still a few places that have them

Tobeco 25mm Super Tank -
    I miss the old days when you could buy hamster food and cat litter in a store while a guy mixed up a bottle of Apple Pie 12mg. in the back.

10mls for $5 and 10% off major select dog food brands on Fridays.

Like I said, the old days. All the way back in 2014.

Tobeco Super Tank 25mm - Central Iowa Vapors - It's Not Smoke, It's Vapor

Thank you for checking those out for me. ☺️ Unfortunately Central Iowa Vapors won’t ship to my state, but the other link took me straight to a site where I already had one in the cart! Lol.., I think that if I don’t find a replacement that I like as much, I just might have to deal with this new shipping BS that’s very similar to having the cable tech come out. Actually at least they give you a specific day to be home so it’s literally harder for me to purchase a $3 piece of replacement glass for my Supertank than it is to have new internet hooked up or get a $500 entertainment center dropped off by UPS! That’s crazy. A piece of glass is harder to get than (for example) a $400 TV that UPS, FedEx, or USPS would leave on my porch w/no problem. Wow. That pact act really stuck it in, twisted it AND broke it off!! ⚔️

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you for checking those out for me. ☺️ Unfortunately Central Iowa Vapors won’t ship to my state, but the other link took me straight to a site where I already had one in the cart! Lol.., I think that if I don’t find a replacement that I like as much, I just might have to deal with this new shipping BS that’s very similar to having the cable tech come out. Actually at least they give you a specific day to be home so it’s literally harder for me to purchase a $3 piece of replacement glass for my Supertank than it is to have new internet hooked up or get a $500 entertainment center dropped off by UPS! That’s crazy. A piece of glass is harder to get than (for example) a $400 TV that UPS, FedEx, or USPS would leave on my porch w/no problem. Wow. That pact act really stuck it in, twisted it AND broke it off!! ⚔️

Buying from Chinese retailers solves this problem...for now.

Ok you already shared. THANKS!!!
    See- this is the kind of help I needed. You kind of just made my day.

Something is up with vapingbest.com. I had tried to purchase the pack of 3 pieces of glass $7.99 no shipping fee. I log into my account, put all of my visa debit & address info in, hit continue, then…..blank screen. I tried this 3 times last week & tried just now using Firefox instead of Safari. Same thing. I checked my past orders to make sure none of them went through. None did. I guess the site is screwed up or I just have bad luck . You are super cool to look for my glass. I’ll get the exact measurements for ya later today- I’ve gotta head on out to work. Bummer. But thank you & I hope to hear back from you later after I write back.
    * Sheri

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Something is up with vapingbest.com. I had tried to purchase the pack of 3 pieces of glass $7.99 no shipping fee. I log into my account, put all of my visa debit & address info in, hit continue, then…..blank screen. I tried this 3 times last week & tried just now using Firefox instead of Safari. Same thing. I checked my past orders to make sure none of them went through. None did. I guess the site is screwed up or I just have bad luck . You are super cool to look for my glass. I’ll get the exact measurements for ya later today- I’ve gotta head on out to work. Bummer. But thank you & I hope to hear back from you later after I write back.
    * Sheri

Try contacting them and tell them their credit card form is not working and ask if they have a paypal address you can send money to. Last year Paypal cracked down on Chinese vape sites and shut their paypal accounts down just like they did to US sites back in 2010-ish. The result was that the chinese retailers opened stealth paypal accounts under a different business name by which you pay them after you place an order. Most of the retailers tell you what to do at checkout. It's worth contacting VB about this.

introvert

Jun 11, 2016

The last time I ordered some stuff online, I was as annoyed as you about waiting around to sign this bull.....

You know, I was pleasantly surprised when my postman motioned like, “don't worry about it. I got it”. It made me smile.

I don't imagine most postmen would do that, though. But you never know.

Max Power

ECF Veteran
    Nov 4, 2009
    Hi everyone! I’m a bit freaked. I’ve had 2 Tobecco Supertank 25mm (not the mini) but broke the glass for the 2nd time & can’t find a replacement anywhere. I was told they were too old & no one is selling them anymore. I’ve been in the ecig/vape game for about 10yrs (3yrs sub ohm) I’ve had 2 Supertanks & LOVE THEM! I had priming to a science. Using .5 coil, I could vape at 35-42 watts which is my *favorite* spot. I use the Aegis Solo mod. I’m not into hot hits or big clouds. I like a tight hit/decent throat hit. So I had to buy a new tank. A vape shop salesman told me that the geek vape z was exactly what I wanted & had from my Supertank. However I’m finding it way too aggressive. The mouthpiece is huge & there is no coil that will let me vape lower than 50-60 for .4 and then 70-80 watts for .2. I have SOOOOO much spitback but that could be a number of things. I paid $57 after tax & am stuck with a big fancy tank that looks cool but eats juice like crazy (because it’s requiring such a high wattage). CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME TO something similar to my Tobecco Supertank 25mm (it held 5ml & was just a bit bigger than the mini)?? I’m an ex smoker & I’m never going back to that, but I don’t enjoy vaping atm & can’t keep getting ripped off over & over. I know ppl that would love this tank, but it’s not for me. I wish I could sell it but yea right! I do my nicotine so not being able to vape is a huge bummer. I can’t buy another tank for 4 until Fri.!! Days b4 buying the Geekvape Z, In desperation on my way to a funeral, I stopped at a vape shop & bought a voopoo pnp pod tank at the suggestion from a different vape shop’s salesman. (It was so awful I won’t go into it). I really need some support from my fellow vapors since I’m kind of screwed. I found a few sites w/replacement glass for my Supertank but I am a 3rd shifter & cannot be home to show my I.D. & sign for it. I’m asking for any suggestions. My email is gonzogal@ymail my I’ll be checking back hoping for a reply. I feel I can no longer trust vape shops but I have faith in my fellow vapors! THANK YOU!!!!
    Sorry I can't tell whether you fixed your problem or not, but Element Vape has a
    TOBECO SUPER TANK 25MM for $34.99 and for me they will ship to a Mailbox store and then I just pick it up from there whenever they are open. Element Vape has some issues, but if you like the Tobeco and you don't mind the 4.5ml tank, that may be an option for you. Just check whether they will ship it to a mailbox store where you can pick up. Other than that, you will have to order a replacement from China and wait for the delivery.

B&M stores are useless except for ejuice, CBD and disposables. You will have to go the mail route unfortunately. I avoid buying any hardware in a local B&M vape store. Most Geekvapes come with a 510 adapter (usually black) that will allow you to use a 510 drip tip, but it sounds like you have bigger issues with it than just the drip tip. Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread