Getting tired of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebutts

Jul 5, 2011
usa
Ok, here's a 3 page rant cut down to a paragraph. Getting vaping supplies is a joke. Eg. what's your pick for tank-mod of the week? Getting supplies that work as advertised is even a bigger joke. Most suppliers appear to be operating out of their garage. After an hour checking website traffic for the top suppliers (based on the supplier forum here) hardly any of them even budge the needle. ECF gets triple the traffic of the top supplier site. Seems there are way more questions than answers. Anyone see a positive trend in this buisness or is it just more tank-mods to come? Are we just idiots for buything this stuff? I'm starting to think a well done DIY site would be big since the only people that can tolerate the crap they're selling out there are DIY types anyway.

/rant

Edit:
Guys, I only mentioned the tank-mods because they are so laffable. Please see post #24. It would be interesting hear what you thought on that.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
First off, I'm a smoke-free idiot. :vapor:

You're looking at traffic meters to determine what ya want and where to e-shop...?
twitch.gif

Here's a friendly and priceless suggestion. Ask your questions here on the ECF. I'll bet that you'll be gently guided to the appropriate equipment at the best price from the most reliable source.

OK, next rant...?

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Well of course they do silly , that's how they buy them big cars and houses . If they didn't empty our wallets , they might have to get a real job . Me , I'm retired ( on full disability ) and livin , in Sin City . And I just got a new Harley . Everything is right in the universe .

Last edited:

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Iffy, I've been at it for a few months. I'm almost up with last weeks tank-mods :) It's the suppliers I have a problem with.

I know it can be frustrating to find the right supplier/ equipment/ e-liquid. But as time consuming and spendy though the search may be, it's still likely better than a PAD habit.

Keep at it, you'll find the right combo that works for you. :)
Good luck!

Sophey

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
Anyone see a positive trend in this buisness or is it just more tank-mods to come? Are we just idiots for buything this stuff?
/rant

1) From my perspective, the e-cig movement is extremely positive because it allows many of us to accomplish something we were unable to accomplish before: become non-smokers.

2) Um... no... we're not idiots.

If you need advice with anything in particular, ask away. There are many experts here who patiently answer questions at all hours of all days.

It's true that a few vendors sell over-priced e-cigs (for instance those with the mall kiosks), but most don't. All I can think, considering your level of frustration, is that perhaps you were gamed by one of them. However, there are so many great vendors with really cheap pricing (yes, mom-and-pop businesses that ship quickly and enclose cute notes and sometimes even free samples) in their packages. Reading reviews here and watching reviews on Youtube will give you much more information than watching web traffic will. I really do wish you luck because it sounds like you really are ready to stop smoking analogs for good.

Sophey

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
First off, I'm a smoke-free idiot. :vapor:

You're looking at traffic meters to determine what ya want and where to e-shop...?
twitch.gif

Here's a friendly and priceless suggestion. Ask your questions here on the ECF. I'll bet that you'll be gently guided to the appropriate equipment at the best price from the most reliable source.

OK, next rant...?

Haha! While I was trying to conscientiously write my post, Iffy was already posting the same thing -- only wording it much better!

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
You have no idea how quickly the ecig products are moving along. One thing you have to consider is how small this community was when it started (and still is, compared to big tobacco), how little money can be spent on R&D over a short period (compared to just about anything), and how little profits most vendors are making.

A lot of us started out shoving things like folded up tea bags in cartridges that leaked everywhere, and we were happy to do so, because it was better than the alternative.

For very little money you can get a Riva, or eGo, some good cartomizers, some good ejuice, and be on your way. You don't need every new tank mod that comes out, or fancy variable voltage PV's. Let other people try out the new gizmos if you're not interested in beta-testing them.

The first "tank" design I tried was one that someone in these forums designed, that used a spring from a pen, a cartridge, a cut straw, and some filler to keep it from leaking (the auto drip method, if you feel like searching for it). Then someone came out with a stamped piece to fit over a cartridge, with a hole, or H, in the end, to fit over the tip of an atomizer. They worked better than what I had before, but they still sucked.

This is a fast developing field, considering almost everything is being designed or refined by the user community.

Now there are tanks of all sorts (like them or not), far better cartomizers than even existed a year ago, bottom fed devices that can last well over a day with nothing to mess with, or batteries to swap, and all sorts of other gadgets. Many of these things work extremely well compared to just a year ago.

Nope, you don't have to buy every gadget, but yes, it is coming along at an exciting pace.

I would expect that in one year from now, you will see things that really blow away what's out there today.

The innovation has become exponential.

Bayper510

Aug 25, 2011
Bay Area, CA
You have no idea how quickly the ecig products are moving along. One thing you have to consider is how small this community was when it started (and still is, compared to big tobacco), how little money can be spent on R&D over a short period (compared to just about anything), and how little profits most vendors are making.

A lot of us started out shoving things like folded up tea bags in cartridges that leaked everywhere, and we were happy to do so, because it was better than the alternative.

For very little money you can get a Riva, or eGo, some good cartomizers, some good ejuice, and be on your way. You don't need every new tank mod that comes out, or fancy variable voltage PV's. Let other people try out the new gizmos if you're not interested in beta-testing them.

The first "tank" design I tried was one that someone in these forums designed, that used a spring from a pen, a cartridge, a cut straw, and some filler to keep it from leaking (the auto drip method, if you feel like searching for it). Then someone came out with a stamped piece to fit over a cartridge, with a hole, or H, in the end, to fit over the tip of an atomizer. They worked better than what I had before, but they still sucked.

This is a fast developing field, considering almost everything is being designed or refined by the user community.

Now there are tanks of all sorts (like them or not), far better cartomizers than even existed a year ago, bottom fed devices that can last well over a day with nothing to mess with, or batteries to swap, and all sorts of other gadgets. Many of these things work extremely well compared to just a year ago.

Nope, you don't have to buy every gadget, but yes, it is coming along at an exciting pace.

I would expect that in one year from now, you will see things that really blow away what's out there today.

very well said!

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA
This thread makes no sense to me for 2 reason

#1, Every single Supplier I have purchased from is awesome, fast delivery, lots of free stuff, super nice people.

#2, Tanks fail compared to most things anyways, what you expect? :p try a 306 atty, cannon drip tip on a reo with some bounty hunter. Cant complain much about that combo

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
I kicked a 40 year 1 1/2 PAD habit without a backward glance with my electric hookah-doodle. I've had awful juices, DOA batts and leaky clearos. But every vendor I've bought from has always been willing to bend over backwards to make it right. There's so many new products, and some of them may really not be ready for prime time, but there's so much demand and so many different preferences that it sometimes seems like the wild west in the online vaping world. I expect that ten years from now, the market and technology will have shaken itself out and there will be fewer, more standardized products and vendors. Ten years from now, I'll be two years older than my mother was when she died from lung cancer. Until then, I'm more than happy to beta test.

badunkamunk

Aug 25, 2011
Bay Area

you sir have just slain the beast! I kneel to thee for bring forth the truth of our humble kingdom that shalst one day rise to dethrone the tyrant tabaco companies.

The truth is that you should be an intelligent consumer that makes an educated/ logical decision with your money. There are many reputable vendors here. Don't get caught up in the whole "damn that dope! I need that!" game. Thats the kind of thinking of a small child deprived of a family with a huge amount of disposable income.

THE TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN! BLADEBARRIER has won. piyahh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread