GG Automatic Feed System (All mods) v2 initial impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddubya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
Like all tobacco flavors--I would disagree with emonty say Bella is llike a cigar. I guess it depends on what you want from a cigar taste. You want nasty dried up cigar taste? Try a french pipe or Cuban Cigar dekang liquid. You want a spicer cigar taste? Try alien Visons Havanna. You want a sweeter cigar taste? Try the Bella Valencia.

I should also clarify--that these are what "I remember" cigars to taste like. Taste is so subjective...at least it seems that way to me anyways. Nothing against Emonty--as he is one of my GG "guru/mentors" and master of cartomizer modding that I would look to for advice--but I still say Bella is a cigar flavor :)

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Got my havana gold in....apparently avejuice is based in lawton, oklahoma. Woot!

Already had a 3/4 tank of marlusa mix left in my afs (last of my original dekang juice from China), so I filled up the remainder of the tank with the cigar.

Not bad at all. Nice flavor, almost a textured taste to it...even with mixed with the marlboro. Give my office manager a vape, and he noticed it has a cigarish aftertaste.

Again, even mixed, it's a pretty darned good flavor. It's somewhere between an analog cigarette and a cigar. Closest to a real cigarette that I've ever tried.:thumbs:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Ok I'm on the fence with this. I have a question I have been jonesing about. What happens if you combine the carto mod with dog'sbody no fill carto mod. Would'nt that be auto-dripping? and would it work???

I've never heard of dog's body no fill carto mod. Care to help a buddy out?

And I'm using cartos with the afs v2 all mods. So I guess that would be auto seeping.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Clyde it just no filler in the carto.!! sure it would work but I think you would be burning the juice with it, the wire in the cart would be saturated with juice and burn it in my opinion, I could be wrong I havent tried this and dont think I want to have just a wire in exposed juice at 6-7v it's just a bit scary to me, but anyone can give it a try and report back thats what its all about here.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Rippspeed,

you can use the AFS on any mod Imeo made this user friendly so it works on anything that has a 901 fitting and you just adapt to that 901 fitting with whatever your Mod is set up with using adapters if necessary

thank you sir... I just took the plunge and bought the prodigy V3 full kit, GG afs, dse901 6volt attys and super manufacturing wide mouth t tips...

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
when using the GG AFS do you have to fill it all the way with 6ml of juice or can you fill it with a 3ml of juice and go on your merry way ???? And How long does a 6ml of juice usually last on regular vaping not Heavily ...

You can fill what ever you want. up to the threads is the max.
6 ml for a regular vaper will last a full day for sure if not longer at 6V. If you vape 3.7V it will last for two days!!

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nf-carto-mod-kr8-atty-510-vertical-atty.html

I was under the impression the the juice litterely was fed from the AFS with a combination of gravity and hydraulic (draw) which were to some degree adjustable.

I am sorry but still confused about this. I thought Clyde was or had used 510 cartos. But the story is I need a 510 to 901 adapter (for the AFS itself). Which means I need to use 808D carto's or another adapter (inside the AFS) in order to use a 510 carto's

I think I have confused myself into a corner.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
1. No, I use kr808-d's at 6v in the AFS. Haven't gotten around to trying the 510's yet. I'm kind of a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' sort of guy.

2. Can use AFS with just about any amount of juice.

3. I'm a chain vaper, and 6ml will last me well through a day.

4. As for the dog'sbody carto mod...again, if it ain't broke....

5. I have no leaks with cartos, so no need for teflon tape. This could be useful if I want (or need) to go back to iattys. How does this tape thing work?

6. Tried some bella valencia from halo. Nice juice, but it isn't my favorite; too sweet. Much prefer the cuban cigar juice from avejuice mixed with a little leftover marlusa mix. Ordered some cuban cigar from healthcabin, and will report back when it gets here in a few weeks. It's funny, but I've been noticing myself bouncing back from sweet and fruity flavors towards more analog blends lately. I also tend to not hit cigar juices as much as the sweet stuff (going back to low carb) and to enjoy the individual drags more.

7. Since we're out of the GG walled garden, does anyone care to guess when the revised ggts and afs will actually ship? The new ggts is awfully pretty, but my existing two work so darned well it's hard for even me to justify it.

8. I'm pleased to report that out of five cartos dremeled, I've only broken one! I'm tempted to get a drill press, but cutting a groove with a grinding head before drilling works too easily.

9. Driving to Illinois this weekend to pick up the kids for summer visitation. Otherwise, I'd have the 3rd generation pv comparative review finished and posted. I just need some time to revisit it and finish it up.

10. And finally, for carto modding/afs questions, I defer to emonty. He is the master, I am the student.

Last edited:

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
7. Since we're out of the GG walled garden, does anyone care to guess when the revised ggts and afs will actually ship? The new ggts is awfully pretty, but my existing two work so darned well it's hard for even me to justify it.
I'll justify it for you by buying one of your old ggts... lol

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Time for the kids' summer visitation with me. The ex box is claiming she doesn't have the funds to chip in for flying the kids, and paying for last minute plane fare for them to attend dad's funeral in may has depleted a whole lot of my discretionary funds.

If all else fails, she has to meet me in Effingham Illinois (halfway point) to exchange the kids. Which means it's drivin' time this weekend.

My old TDI beetle is getting up there in years and mileage. Had the oil changed, my mechanic check it out, and cleaned/semi-detailed the interior since I started vaping (and it needed it). My mechanic is replacing my blown front struts today. Shoot, it's gonna almost be like driving a new car when it's all done. It was almost worth the heat exhaustion from my big fat :censored: cleaning the car out in the almost 100 degree sun.

My mom, wife and everyone else on the planet is suggesting that I take my Dad's (God rest his soul) Lincoln Continental, which has 80K less miles and is NICE to drive (feels like driving your favorite easy chair down the highway) and has a lot more room for everything. It also gets 1/3 the mileage of der diesel beetle, which means more fuel costs, more frequent stops, etc. My mechanic has worked on both cars, I'll seek his advice and also run the beetle down the interstate for a few miles when everything's done this afternoon.

The other decision is what to vape during the weekend. Blew another carto at uhv last night (it was a week old anyway, so no big loss) on the afs, Installed an i6 on it, and quickly replaced it with another carto after I was reminded of the iatty seepage/leakage problem. I'm also not 100% sure how well this new carto is going to behave.

One choice is the ggts/afs at 6v, with eight pairs of tenergy batteries and the car charger. Extra juice, extra drilled carto and a i6 with cart, and that should last the weekend.

Or, I could take a dependable 3.7 mod, like the reo, mkV or the CJB, with a couple of spare 18650's.

Tough choices all around for today.

arthrog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
ME
Ex Box (LOL)

I had a TDI, sure was nice getting 50 to 60 mpg and 700 + out of a tank..
Man that car cost a lot for repairs! Get the Continental, I drive a Caddy now and the comfort and dependability makes it worth the extra $.

Now your other dilemma on mod choices, with the added stress of your situation you may not want to add to that with failures, leaks and dead batteries.
Life gets too complicated sometimes! good luck on your trip

Time for the kids' summer visitation with me. The ex box is claiming she doesn't have the funds to chip in for flying the kids, and paying for last minute plane fare for them to attend dad's funeral in may has depleted a whole lot of my discretionary funds.

If all else fails, she has to meet me in Effingham Illinois (halfway point) to exchange the kids. Which means it's drivin' time this weekend.

My old TDI beetle is getting up there in years and mileage. Had the oil changed, my mechanic check it out, and cleaned/semi-detailed the interior since I started vaping (and it needed it). My mechanic is replacing my blown front struts today. Shoot, it's gonna almost be like driving a new car when it's all done. It was almost worth the heat exhaustion from my big fat :censored: cleaning the car out in the almost 100 degree sun.

My mom, wife and everyone else on the planet is suggesting that I take my Dad's (God rest his soul) Lincoln Continental, which has 80K less miles and is NICE to drive (feels like driving your favorite easy chair down the highway) and has a lot more room for everything. It also gets 1/3 the mileage of der diesel beetle, which means more fuel costs, more frequent stops, etc. My mechanic has worked on both cars, I'll seek his advice and also run the beetle down the interstate for a few miles when everything's done this afternoon.

The other decision is what to vape during the weekend. Blew another carto at uhv last night (it was a week old anyway, so no big loss) on the afs, Installed an i6 on it, and quickly replaced it with another carto after I was reminded of the iatty seepage/leakage problem. I'm also not 100% sure how well this new carto is going to behave.

One choice is the ggts/afs at 6v, with eight pairs of tenergy batteries and the car charger. Extra juice, extra drilled carto and a i6 with cart, and that should last the weekend.

Or, I could take a dependable 3.7 mod, like the reo, mkV or the CJB, with a couple of spare 18650's.

Tough choices all around for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread