Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
You went 3.2 sec that one time. LMAO just kidding. Outstanding vid. The GG is still a GOD at 3.6, but you just disapear with the 6V.

I so cant wait to get mine with that sexy new switch.

BTW is the AA a 14440 or 14500?

ROFL!!! Yes, I probably under/over stepped the time scale a couple of times-it's hard being a bloke and trying to do two things at once yer know! :p

I'm also (as you might have gathered) very excited about the switch - I did state in another post that it was stainless steel (from the dark photos), but obviously, shed in a new light it is actually brass... so just a small correction to my previous statement.

The AA is 14500 (3.6V 900mah) and will require magnetic spacers... we will have the batteries and spacers available soon - just need to update the website.

A further note on the AA's is that they don't fit quite as snugly as the CR2's in terms of diameter (by 1mm), so although they work fine as they are, some insulation tape wrapped around the outside of the battery will keep them from moving around that little bit. :)

Great Video Tim, It's good to see that the GG works Very well with the 3.6v. I see that this will be great for light and medium smokers and the 6v for heavy users.

Good job! I saw you disappear from the vapor, I have never saw this in any other e-cig review.

Yes Vince - the results seemed okay all round and I'll try and update on battery runtime when I've gone the whole hog with one of these AA's.

What I did note after counting through the inhales with both battery options is that with 2 drops of liquid, after 11 (3sec) & 10 (5sec) draws with the AA size battery the juice had dried up.

Comparatively, with 2 drops, 2xCR2, after 6 (3sec) & 4 (5sec) the juice had dried up.

NB. I immediately stopped the test on each battery option when the juice started to burn with the final inhale.

So in conclusion, the 1xAA allowed just over double the amount of puffs for the same amount of liquid, which I guess speaks for itself....

With the 2 x CR2 you will get your fix in a very short time and it's much harder hitting in terms of big vapour/throat hit and with the 1 x AA you can enjoy a more prolonged experience and spend roughly twice the amount of time in getting the same nic fix. :D

Finally I would say that to enjoy the best experience with either option in the GG, the 1xAA only requires 2 drops and the 2xCR2 requires 3 drops.

Sorry if this all seems obvious to most of you, but thought I would try and make a vague analysis all the same for anyone interested. :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I just make the 13th switch, its time for a little rest and talking.

Well lets see what we have here guys and girls. The 6v GG is for big mans and not girls.:D You, sweeties must go to 3,6 because you cant do what a man does.:mad: You wear trousers yes but not the GG 6volt. You overdone it:D

To be serious the GG is not for everyone.........

No I will be totally serious now. The GG is only for good people. Heavy, light smokers, guys or girls all the people can taste the monster witch can be a little sweety with 3,6 volt. But the good ones, I say it again;)

I saw Tim before 6 volt test. Then sudenly he disappeared. I thought he was dead by oversmoked lungs but then he was back:). Stay alive Tim, we need you friend:hubba:

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Good demonstration Tim........

I hope you did not take offense at earlier comments regarding your voice tone, and is why you were not speaking in this latest video !! :confused:

Please don't be offended if that was the case. Verbal dialect is always better than silence, and we were just teasing you ;)

Job well done Sir...

VapeOn,
Greg

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Greg - not at all!! I enjoy the banter as much as the next person - infact I like to actively encourage it - where's the fun otherwise!! :D

My reason for doing it in silence was due to the fact that I wanted to keep the video as impartial and scientific as possible.

Also, I think sometimes in reviews, opinion can be misinterpreted (particularly in my position) as sales talk etc, which is something I try very hard to avoid, but obviously personal bias does come out every now and again in dialect!

So silence speaks for itself in this video without the need to add my personal views. This just keeps it completely open to the viewers to interpret as they will... :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I just make the 13th switch, its time for a little rest and talking.

Well lets see what we have here guys and girls. The 6v GG is for big mans and not girls.:D You, sweeties must go to 3,6 because you cant do what a man does.:mad: You wear trousers yes but not the GG 6volt. You overdone it:D

To be serious the GG is not for everyone.........

No I will be totally serious now. The GG is only for good people. Heavy, light smokers, guys or girls all the people can taste the monster witch can be a little sweety with 3,6 volt. But the good ones, I say it again;)

I saw Tim before 6 volt test. Then sudenly he disappeared. I thought he was dead by oversmoked lungs but then he was back:). Stay alive Tim, we need you friend:hubba:

Mr IMEOTHANASIS?..... you?..... serious??! Have you been vaping the Dewars scotch whiskey again my friend? :D:D:D

By the way, after my video test, I decided to test out the AA battery runtime with a constant 15 puffs then refill with 2 drops to see how long it would last..... I looked around after 1/2 an hour and the entire room was filled with clouds!!!:D

Anyway, I was only testing it with 0mg and not inhaling, but started to develop a headache from the lack of ventilation in the room. In the end I gave up and went to bed because I couldn't get the batteries to rundown!

An important slightly obvious point for anyone vaping at home or indoors:

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE ROOM WELL VENTILATED SO THAT YOU ALWAYS GET PLENTY OF OXYGEN!

EDIT: further update on the 1 x AA: I took a freshly charged one and put it in the GG at 1pm today and now it's 6:40pm and still going strong (reading just over 4V on the voltmeter so still a fair bit of life to go). I haven't been constantly vaping, but I'd say 15 puffs every 15 minutes or thereabout. It is a brand new battery also which will make a slight difference..

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
Hi Greg - not at all!! I enjoy the banter as much as the next person - infact I like to actively encourage it - where's the fun otherwise!! :D

My reason for doing it in silence was due to the fact that I wanted to keep the video as impartial and scientific as possible.

Also, I think sometimes in reviews, opinion can be misinterpreted (particularly in my position) as sales talk etc, which is something I try very hard to avoid, but obviously personal bias does come out every now and again in dialect!

So silence speaks for itself in this video without the need to add my personal views. This just keeps it completely open to the viewers to interpret as they will... :)

Here Here. Well put.

Your vids rock with a unique style all your own. Always entertaiing...

:pop::pop::pop:

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Tim,

I don't think you'll get a true batt strength after time used without rigging something to read it under load. And will give you a false impression of its actual strength.

Same as you could have a car battery showing 12v free-standing, yet it won't start your car under load.

Perhaps Vince has more input on this as I'm not a DC volts guy.

VapeOn,
Greg

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Hi guys, with this type of thing it will be easier to just use it until the battery cuts off with the protected circuit at 2.0v. So you will know run time from full charge to the cut off point. Of course this will be subjective to the amount of use. For a true result and accurate data you will have to preform an actual "puff" count. That is, exactly how many "puffs" per charge. So many total (3 second) and (5 second) puffs.
I think this is what you are after, The elusive "puffs per charge" rating. To date no manufacturer has ever listed this other then to make wild claims that we know are not even close.
Someone will have to do this to answer the question once and for all.

(like the old commercial- how many licks to the center of a tootsie-pop?)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Tim,

I don't think you'll get a true batt strength after time used without rigging something to read it under load. And will give you a false impression of its actual strength.

Same as you could have a car battery showing 12v free-standing, yet it won't start your car under load.

Perhaps Vince has more input on this as I'm not a DC volts guy.

VapeOn,
Greg

Hi Greg -

My voltage readings are merely my own relative indication of how much life is left before recharge. ie. with a 3.6V battery it will clock +/-4.2V when fully charged and I know from running many tests in the past with various 3.6V devices that performance really tails off noticeably around +/-3.7V.

So when I said that after 5.5 hours of use, the voltage of the AA was reading at just over 4V, this indicates to me that i've still got a fair bit of runtime to go before recharge.

It's pretty simplistic in terms of all the other variables I know, but works for me... :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi sweety, I have tried them when I was in GG's tests. They last a little longer nothing else. If you want a long last e-cig you must take a big device in your hands. I can make you one but it would be ungly because it would be a 2000 mah but with a length to 135-140mm instead of 90 now, and 2mm fater, a big diference in the eye too.

If you want I can make you one with a little more cost (I am a very very accommodating man:)), but I dont think that you will smoke it for a long time. You will pay it and you will put it in the drawer after a few days.:)

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
No do not make my GG bigger. I have 8 cr2's untrafire batteries and one charger. I think I will get another charger. I can only charge 2 at a time. Another charger is what is needed. Still going to get some photo cr2's batteries to have, if I failed to charge my other batteries. Just wanted to know about how long those cr2's photo batteries will last.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I totally agree rejoice, we had the same thought. I have 2 chargers:) and I charge my batteries every 3 hours because the charger is very quick as you have seen and I want fresh stuff all the time. I have not meassure it but I think that in 1,5 hours the batteries are ready. I thought that the time was 2-2,5 hours but now I dont think so:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Buttons, switches are crack up because there is an "ark" when a contact establised between metals, and of course dirtiness. The GG has the option to avoid this, that no one can avoid, even big factories (exept they make switches like GG's). The solution is simple. When you see that the button needs more power to produce smoke, you take a little file or a sandpaper and sand the foot of the button and the point in the GG where the foot touch. Not much, about 4-5 times. The touch is new again guys and the button will last for ever:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread