GG Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Thanasis, What brand 801 atomizers are you using? The ones that I have problems with are the Bestecig ones (very cheap) I just lost another one and I think it may be that this brand is not as strong as some others for the 6v power.
I am still using my first Totally Wicked 901 with no problem, So I am starting to think all atomizers are not created equal and I need another manufacturer for them.
Oh, that's funny. I just bought 90 of his. I always thought they felt more solid and I like the 2 hole much better.

Someone wrote me to tell me that the adapters don't work as well because they don't fit exactly. They said that if the adapter is made from the 801 battery connector (or bce112), it will work fine. But, it's the fit that actually ruins the atomizer. I don't know if that's true or not. But, this person said that when he makes mods and such, he uses old battery connections from the 801 batteries and has no issues at all with the atomizers going.

Don't know if that's just his experience or if that would be true for everything. .. I mean, they're all made on a machine, so if they're made correctly, they should work, right?

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Tim, I burned up the old ones pretty quick and then a couple new ones before I found the trick to it. It seems to be working well, time will tell.

Thanks for the response Vince! :)

I was just really trying to gauge whether it was the atomisers themselves causing the problem, too much voltage or something electrical going wrong.

I know Trog has discontinued the SD classic adapters due to too many issues with them.

The GG's custom 801 adapter is built without wires so the adapter will withstand a very strong current which will mean there is potentially less chance of an electrical malfunction. (I'm not sure how you made your 801 adapter but if it was using soldered wires, could this pose an issue at all with the strong current running through?)

As we've ruled out the faulty atomiser issue, this leaves the high voltage factor being the probable cause which can be remedied with:

-keeping the cart/atomiser well topped/primed with liquid
and
-not over doing the button as you have mentioned

The other option of course would be to just use the 1 x AA 3.7 V (900mah) battery with the included spacer that we will supply very shortly.

Last edited:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
With regards to adapters- It either connects, shorts out or does not connect. That's all, nothing else. If it connects, it puts power to the atomizer. If it shorts, it will kill the battery from the short Back, and no power gets to the atomizer and can not damage it. If it doesn't connect it puts no power to the atomizer and still does no damage. If adapters with wires fails, the wire burns out and no power is put to the atomizer, still no damage to the atomizer. An adapter can not surge voltage, cannot in any way cause harm to an atomizer. It either puts the voltage to it from the battery or doesn't, or shorts the battery. Even if the wire in the adapter shorts, putting positive into both sides of the atomizer or negative into both sides, this will not do anything. :rolleyes:

Understanding this, I bring atomizer Quality into question. If someone discontinued their adapter, it was not because it didn't do what it was supposed to, it was more likely due to all the various brand atomizers and people having a hard time finding ones that work with the higher volts and amps.
Either way, The 3.6v option will fix this (801) and the 901s still work great.(6v)
And you still have cheap long lasting batteries and a manual switch. plus some option as to what to use. :thumb:

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanasis, What brand 801 atomizers are you using? The ones that I have problems with are the Bestecig ones (very cheap) I just lost another one and I think it may be that this brand is not as strong as some others for the 6v power.
I am still using my first Totally Wicked 901 with no problem, So I am starting to think all atomizers are not created equal and I need another manufacturer for them.

e-cigs.co.uk Vince, I took them 2 days ago and I smoke the one of them continiously. Me too believe that maybe are the cheap atomizers. I have another thought that maybe I will post later

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Vince there is and something else that may damage the atomizer. Maybe the bad connection atomizer - battery open and closes the circuit many times. You know that the most damages happens when we make the on-off. If a bad connection establised, the on-off function at this time will be established e.g. 10 times but you push the button once. So the bad connection "pushes" the button 10 times and a good connection only once. That means that the atomizer to the bad connection will reduse its life 10 timew quicker. Thats for sure but we are not sure if that happens. Maybe both hapens (bad atomizer and bad connection). Who knows for sure

And as I write, I am trying to think why some SD had a melt spring. This can happen only by a short circuit. This short circuit will happen only from a bad atomizer with its two poles conected. So the elastic material between the poles is a rubbish. The nice thing with GG is that the spring now is very soft and the connection between battery connector and atomizer is soften than the original. Not your GG with the old spring and the unmoveable bolt, but my GG with the new spring and a free moving bolt. If you want to see if my words are true, please look the burned atomizers and tell me if the elastic material is totally gone or it is moved from its position, or with a multimeter look if it shows a connection between them. Post your results and maybe we will find the answer. If I am wrong, then the atomizers are cheap as you said. I cant see any other option.

What do you say?

Last edited:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
I have already put in a softer spring, and I put each atomizer on first then turn the screw in to contact the atomizer so I set the presser myself each time. when I have time this weekend I will smooth the atomizer side of the screw and it will be free floating like the new ones. :p

You could be right here, Tomorrow I will take one apart and see if there is a short to the insulation for the connector. On the meter they still show resistance and not open circuit like you would expect.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I know that you have already uncrew the bolt and you make your own preasure, but sometimes the elastic is damaged. just look if there is resisranse, but the center pole of the atomizer must be pushed enough when you measure. So you will count in real contition (as real as you can).:)
If this is right, I believe that if you put a new elastic to the base of center pole, you will wake up the atomizers.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I've been wondering: isn't there a (perhaps combination of) battery('s) to be found that equals around 5v? That's a voltage that a lot of atomizers will take okay; and still gives a very good hit, much better then the 3.7v that's the alternative to the 6v now.

Why are you afraid of 6 volts Katink? The 6 volts are confirmed that causes no problems at all, and keeps the atomizer clear. I think that vince was rifht about the cheap atomizers he had bought. The would broke even with 3,7 volts. Exept this, theVince GG has not the latest updates, so this is a problem.

I vape with 801 3 days now and I have not one problem:)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I can confirm that I have now tested out the AA size (3.6V) batteries in the GG to great effect. These batteries are rated at 900mah which is probably the usual over estimation by the manufacturers, but nevertheless, with that in mind, I am still expecting around 5-6 hours out of the required one cell in the GG from moderate use.

Now in terms of vapour production, the 3.6V has nothing on the 6V, but what I will say is that you can hold the button down a lot longer without fear of overcooking, to get more vapour this way. I'd add further that from an equivalent press of the switch (4-5 seconds) the comparable vapour production is around half of the 6V option.

I will attempt to do a video demo comparison of the two battery options showing the difference side by side if anyone is interested. :)

In the demo I will try to time the draw and obviously inhale in exactly the same way to keep it as objective as possible for both options.

To me, both options have their appeal:

6V - hits very fast (like an analogue) and leaves you very satisfied very quickly - power on demand.

3.7V - a more drawn out relaxed process where you can take longer draws and nice for a smooth and steady vape.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Hi guys, I have been thinking about your ideas Thanasis on the intermittent voltage or fluxuation through the adapter. So I check that easy enough by removing the atomizer and touching to the adapter a 12v 3amp light bulb to test for load and if there is any problem in connection the light should blink or flash. I tested for a long time and was shaking and moving it but no flashes so the adapter is good. :)

I took apart my bad atomizer and check the connector and it is good, the coil just burned out. Keep in mind these are cheapest you can buy so I think they are the problem.
I will stick to the 901s for now and try some different brands when I can.
I have had no problems at all with the TW atomizers, they are working great.
If I want to use the cheap 801s I will get the AA 3.6v battery and have no problems either.
Its all good.:thumb:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I'm not afraid of 6v at all Imeo; but I do have an adjustable powerpack here that I use a lot; and I have found that around 5v is indeed a kind of barrier for the somewhat lesser atomisers being sold. So if it could be kept at that 5v mark (for the penstyle that is) then you would simply be giving people more possibilities as to which atomizers they can buy that work well.

I also have had experience for instance that the best-e-cig atomizers aren't the strongest ones when it comes to higher voltages - they were okay at 3.6 but really acted poorer with every volt above that; and above 5v they only lasted for a very short time, all five I tried (and those were new atomizers) - where for instance Janty- or HeavenGifts-atomizers do last a lot better. There are, in my view, differences between penstyle-atomizers from the different manufacturers, that's all I am saying. :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Katink I totally agree, but I am thinking sometimes that we try to have an economy from things like atomizers for an amount of 1-1,5 euro per one of them. If we had bought a better one, it would last longer, better results to all levels and longer life, that means economy. We must no see the tree but the forest. I dont say it to you of course, I am speaking generally for all of us and for me. I am doing things like that sometimes and I always regret it. Why I do it again? because I am stupid sometimes like all of us.

One day someone told me that the real clever man learns not only from his mistakes but and from the others people mistakes. How right he was!:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Vince nice results, thanks man the test was so right.

I had an issue with the first GG (unmovable bolt like yours) and I had a short circuit. I was trying to find out what it was on the GG. Nothing, all were going well. Suddenly I deside to look to the atomizer. I take the polymeter and start. No problem at all. But when I put the atomizer on the GG, again a short circuit.

I deside to screw the atomizer very light to the GG and vouala!!! it was working. So I check the atomizer better and I saw that the elastic material was very low, so low that the center pole was near to the other atomizer's pole. Then I realised that with a little more pressure than normal, the 2 atomizers poles were connected and........................:D

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi guys -

As promised, I just finished uploading this new video comparing the 1 x AA (3.6V) with the 2 x CR2 (6V) in the GG. :)

It's silent and pretty clinical in order to try and keep it as objective as possible to show the difference in the two options:

YouTube - The GG: 2xCR2 (6V)****VS*****1xAA (3.6V)

Comments/questions welcome - please fire away.... ;)

EDIT: All tests using the same DSE901 atomiser

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I thought this too, So I have removed just the connector thread part from the atomizer and screw it to the adapter and check it. Still the same.

As you say above, I post my stupid mistakes so others my learn.;)

If I speak about my mistakes we will stay here for ever Vince xa xa xa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread