The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG4S (monkey style)

Discussion in 'The GG' started by 67style, Dec 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Excellent work FranK ... more "stealthy" can't be done!!! :thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  2. breminator

breminator Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2014
    Duisburg, Germany
    • Like Like x 11
  3. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Whenever you're ready.. show us the inside pieces!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. breminator

May 5, 2014
    Duisburg, Germany
  5. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Toronto
    Nice work brem

• Like Like x 2
  6. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    The best work I have ever seen on changing an existing GG construction Brem!!!

Its so small that you cant keep it in hand! lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. breminator

May 5, 2014
    Duisburg, Germany
    thank you imeo.
    it´s a great honor to get a compliment like this from you.
    and yes, it´s really tiny and is better for ladies hands.
    but i like it very much with the tilemahos on it :thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I think that even ladies cant keep it Brem! lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. AdamAnd

AdamAnd Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    Love the short GG4S now we need a break through in new battery tech so they can last all day lol Nice work

• Like Like x 3
  10. NancyR

NancyR Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    Washington State
    Just received my GG4S, and I love it. I have a Marquis on it right now and it is shorter than my istick 30 with a kayfun nano.

• Like Like x 5
  11. proteckt3d

proteckt3d Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Denmark
    An unexpected review of GG4S from one of the YT channels I'm subscribed and thought I should share. It's in Russian so if anyone understands maybe they can share what the reviewer thought about it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Thank you for posting it here Pro!:)

I dont know what video says but I do notice a small mistake that the reviewer did that may bring headache to the user. He didnt first screw the button center post to the button before put button to the brass body. I am sure that he tried to screw the button center post while button was already attached to the brass body and thats really difficult. I hope that this was not a negative point on his review. I will write to him on his youtube channel

• Like Like x 2
  13. BTHUNDER

BTHUNDER Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

IMEO ... did I tell you that I love my GG4S ... es and Tilemahos (now also in shined) ??????? :rickroll:

• Like Like x 4
  14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Very happy to hear that BT! Also, GG4S is one of the very very few mods that can handle the smallest resistance you can put on it, especially those resistances that "dripper users" use. And of course its spring doesnt get burned

• Like Like x 2
  15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    A customer send me an e-mail asking me why he had to push GG4S's button hard to have a contact. He had finally sanded a lot the center pin witch became short, so contact was almost impossible.

For the best and easy contact:

1. Clean the center pin with mesh
    2. If problems persists, means that your center pin became short because of the huge cleaning. You can buy a new center pin or put a thinner o-ring inside the brass body :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    I do not know if Imeo made the inner part of the GG4S button with two extra holes for "Buttons Side Pins" for this purpose:

The center part of the button of one of my GG4Ss was getting little hot when using resistances below 0.7 ohms (which I do not usually use), of course, I cleaned meticulously the GG4S, all its individual parts and the battery poles, but from time to time I could feel the button was getting little hot.

I installed an extra "Button Side Pin" (for a total of two) and problem solved, no more hot button :)

[​IMG]

A friend was having exactly the same symptom with his GG4S, he told me that were the batteries, the issue vanished when switching the battery for a newer one (maybe some batteries were not healthy enough to support the required current).

Anyway, for sure an extra "Side Button Pin" doesn't hurt and it could improve the conductivity :D

• Like Like x 4
  17. AdamAnd

AdamAnd Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    For a quick fix and what I ended up doing with my GG4S after much cleaning with reading glasses on and off lol I took Imeo's advice I tighten the center pin like normal than back it off a half turn fires everytime and the hot button goes away. I think I over tightened it to many times and compressed the o-ring to much.

• Like Like x 4
  18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Yes, I put 3 holes inside the button for extra side pins Ariel. You know that all these years I put extra things on all my constructions in case someone has an issue, so he can solve it easily.

About the hot button. Its always the battery. DONT squeeze the battery a lot because you may damage it or short it.

As for the second pin Ariel, yes it will improve the conductivity because the more points are in contact, the better. But I didnt find a reason to put more side pins because conductivity on GG4S was like a copper mod. 0,1volt with a 0,6 resistance!

• Like Like x 3
  19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    The reason that I put o-ring inside the brass body (and not a plastic), was that o-ring can be compressed, so you can have shorter or longer button path, and also to avoid situations like a "hard polished center pin"

The solution you use (back off a little the center pin of the button) works of course because that way you give "height" to the center pin because center pin's o-ring is not compressed a lot and makes center pin sit higher.

As you see, I "put" solutions on GG4S that can be done by you. You dont really need to buy any new parts from me.

GG4S was made after deep thoughts (and for special situations that customer may come in a while) on everything. Its not just a mod with 2 caps and a body.

For example, another thing that you can do to avoid a "hard battery press" and still have a solid construction, is to screw battery a little and then screw the lock against cap a little harder. That way GG4S will stay solid and battery will not compressed at all

• Like Like x 6
  20. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Also, on GG4S you can put spring upside down if it makes your life easier

• Like Like x 5