The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG4S (monkey style)

Discussion in 'The GG' started by 67style, Dec 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jesseseetai

jesseseetai Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    louisville, ky, usa
    i just got my GG4S and put an AW IMR 18490 battery in it and then the Kick 2 ontop... the 2 brass connection posts are sitting above the brass the tube. i read on here people saying that it worked with Kick 2. how can this be if the brass post aren't inside of the tube?

2. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I think that it can sit inside the cap jes. So put kick inside cap and screw cap on the body

3. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    GA, USA
    So, I ran into a battery issue with the GG4S. Got some new Orbtronics and the bottom(negative) is different and when I screw the GG4S back together, with the button locked in the Off position, it fires!

The new Orb is on the right. As you can see, the 'corner' is more rounded and the pole actually protrudes a slight bit.
    [​IMG]

I tried a thicker o-ring(2.3) but it was too much and wouldn't fire at all. Can't find anything locally that's between 1.5 and 2.3, that's even if it will correct the issue.

Your thoughts Imeo?

• Like Like x 1
  4. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    it seems that this batch of the batteries was not very good Mr. Anyway, you can correct their mistake by putting a fatter o-ring inside GG4S tube, exactly as you did!

Now GG4S carries an o-ring at 17x1,5mm. As I see it, you need an o-ring at 15x2 or 16x2

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrZoSo

Oct 24, 2014
    GA, USA
    Ended up using one of these. Worked like a charm! :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
  7. AdamAnd

AdamAnd Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    So been having a few issue's with my GG4S and have asked Imeo for help searched the internet and still was experiencing issues with it not firing properly. So I bought some never dull from Canadian tire and cleaned everything then washed the parts with dish soap and a tooth brush worked great for a day then just now took it apart looked at everything again dam its clean what could it be. Well I have electrical Contact cleaner at work so if it is not the device it must be the battery's the top terminals where great but the bottom terminals where filthy then cleaned my charger terminals charged the bats again and everything is great hope this info helps someone.

• Like Like x 3
  8. steampop

steampop Full Member Verified Member

Nov 20, 2012
    uk
    The the problem was that the charger was dirty or the batteries?

9. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Adam, thats what happened to me when I first made GG4S. I was trying to find out why it doesnt fire properly when the construction was fantastic! Tiny, nice movement of the button, almost telescopic etc. I was really upset because I really wanted to bring it to the market!! And it was the negative pole of the battery lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    By the way, another issue that people may face and they dont know what they have to do, is the place where the button touches the main brass body. I must say that this place is VERY important. When you clean the body at this specific place, you have to clean the inside of the button too. Then you will have an SS construction that hits close to a copper mod!

• Like Like x 2
  11. AdamAnd

AdamAnd Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    The Negative post of the battery was really dirty, Cleaned the charger posts as well that's all.

12. mrZoSo

Oct 24, 2014
    GA, USA
    Dang guys! Clean your GG stuff!!! LMAO :laugh:

Yes indeed. I noticed this tends to get dirty quicker on the polished/shiny version than the matt veresion.

• Like Like x 3
  13. steampop

steampop Full Member Verified Member

Nov 20, 2012
    uk
    Now we have the new Tilemahos rebuildable part, can we please have the 18500 GG4S and GG4S style top caps for JGG/GGTS/Stealth?

• Like Like x 1
  14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    sure Steam. I am working on them as we speak. In about 1 week, I will start preorders for these items via GG store in Spain:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. NandyDC

NandyDC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2009
    San Juan, PR
    Hey Imeo, dont forget the GG4S for the Penelope!!!

16. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    It cant be done right now buddy. On next batch for sure. Now I am making missing GG parts and new parts, not whole constructions:)

17. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    Tall Tilemahos tank? Transparent? Maybe a longer mouthpiece too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Taller Tilemahos v2 SS and clear tank too Dont? As for the mouthpiece, the existing one works but stick less out of the tube. It fits as it is. But you need a longer one?

19. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    Don't really "need" a longer mouthpiece imeo - but would be very pleased if I could get one to go with a taller tank. Preferably a clear tank.
    I have to say that I MUCH prefer the clear tank, as otherwise I'm guessing when more juice is needed. Many times without the visible juice level, I get poor results whereas with clear tank I never do.
    Personal choice I guess...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Ok, let me put on preorder taller SS and clear tanks for Tilemahos V2 Dont :)

• Like Like x 3