GLV colors and custom etching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I custom made my first color today, and im sure it wont be the last lol.

DSCF2058.jpg

I hop eyou remember what you did because I love this color....i was torn between candy orange, candy purple and candy teal and couldn't decide...but I really like this one....

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
This is long overdue.. thanks Jay and Sara!
The SUN GOLD is a winner for me and is a great match to those who like bronze and/or brass.
Part of me wants my super mini to be unique but this is just too cool not to share.
I am already thinking of my next order as a backup to this already handy and great looking mod.
If only I could powdercoat my car this color : )

goldexpGLV3s.jpg goldexpGLV1s.jpg

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
This is long overdue.. thanks Jay and Sara!
The SUN GOLD is a winner for me and is a great match to those who like bronze and/or brass.
Part of me wants my super mini to be unique but this is just too cool not to share.
I am already thinking of my next order as a backup to this already handy and great looking mod.
If only I could powdercoat my car this color : )

View attachment 108350 View attachment 108351
Your very welcome. The best part is for me is when I get to see these pics. I like to check out the different set ups.

Mine is black chrome ends , polished everything else. I polish my attys on the wheel so they shine as well.
2012-06-13120605.jpg

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
Excellent idea on polishing the attie to whatever finish you desire : )
Dang I learn new trix every day.

Jewelers rouge is all you need to make them bling. I use a dry wheel at the end to put on a high polish shine. here's a pic of my set up if anybody is unclear about whats being used to polish. You can also use a dremel grinder with polishing wheel attachment. I polish 4-5 of them at a time so their ready to go. Btw this is how I polish GLVs when they come back for repaint...makes them look new.
2012-06-13130433.jpg

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
Any excuse is a good excuse to get more tools in the shop : ) I've been getting by with a small belt grinder but the felt wheel is definitely better for blingage. I totally regret snoozing on the GLV mini deal on the classies. Would have been a cool project to practice finishing that one up.

Thanks for letting us peek into your bag of tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread