• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

God will get you if you close this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh.... I'm not actually an atheist but I MUST say, the title of the thread made me amused enough to post.

Srsly… Go to any psych unit in this fine land, you will find many folks claiming to be God/a minion of the lord/a prophet, whatever. I've even done it one manic episode (heh, staff HATE that claim. They hate it SO MUCH. You'd be better off telling them you were abducted by aliens) but I am not alone in this (and don't believe it, usually even if off) but don't try to be a Minion of the Lord on a psych unit. It won't endear you to your treating team-- unless I'm on it, I kind of "get" it.

So, you have to be rich/a king/queen etc. to get away with that claim these days. In the past, it did seem easier to MAKE the claim, not as much "proof" required.

But I want you atheists to stay open! I will NOT contest the thread maker's claim that God is talking to him, and wants the forum to remain open.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I am one too!
See religious types say good dwells within us, soooooo
I asked and poof I'm a prophet. Easy stuff. I urge everyone to do it.
So many people think that that means they can speak for him though and the last dude that could actually do that was Jesus, or arguably Muhamud, depending on which side of that particular argument you happen to be born on. Me I’m easy with both and still a Christian so the argument is one which imho doesn’t need to happen though it’s killed literally millions

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
In the absence of compelling evidence, I don't see how one can state as fact that Jesus or Mohammad could speak for 'him' and Shadowtao could not.
And this is why the argument continues.. it’s all a big mess really. Down side is some zealot probably want to burn both of us at the stake now :p

Imho if you want to worship shadowtao it’s your business though if he’s smart he’ll ask for money.

Just don’t claim you’re a Christian (big c) and demand everyone else do it too on pain of death or exile please. That’s a pretty full market right now.

• Agree

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
And this is why the argument continues.. it’s all a big mess really. Down side is some zealot probably want to burn both of us at the stake now :p

Imho if you want to worship shadowtao it’s your business though if he’s smart he’ll ask for money.

Just don’t claim you’re a Christian (big c) and demand everyone else do it too on pain of death or exile please. That’s a pretty full market right now.
Why would I worship Shadowtao? To suck up to some 'god' who gives children cancer so I can get free stuff?

Pass.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Is there really a need to argue about any theistic system (including ATHEISM? It counts.)

So like, my sis is an atheist and she's one of the nicest people I know. Her particular philosophy is "be nice to other people."

I am hoping this thread is similar, in the sense that it's not endless arguing over which deity does what? That's not very fun, and there are ENOUGH people killing each other over religion, I've always included in MY theistic system: "Don't be a (censored). And, part of not being a "censored" involves NOT arguing about it period.

No one will convince anyone, and frankly it's not worth my time. I was hoping this would be an enjoyable place, not an argumentative one.

Guess I'll be seeing. You can worship WHATEVER you want, for a long time my "THEISM" was the cold tile of the bathroom floor, as I puked. So, like, if you can worship a TOILET and not get gunned down by the fierce, angry wrath of WHATEVER GOD?

Surely there is no need for further argument. We're all NOT going to find out for SURE until we die, so killing non-believers and etc.? It's kind of giving them the "jump" on the truth. Seems a bit contradictory to me....

Anna

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Am I in the right place?
Untitled 17.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread