Good morning everybody . I'm new and researching ,first mech / build......

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I know the deep plight of the male yearning for a manpurse. My dad picked one up when living in France and used the heck out of it.... Until we moved to the US, where he "carried" it to work-- once, LOL. He must have taken a ribbing. I know he was sad about it, I think he might still own it. :)

I'm all about medals!! Haha but I haven't gotten the paintbrush yet, how about one of those for the collection???

Anna

• Creative
Reactions: bood

bood

Sep 16, 2017
back on topic..the thing will be very thin / skin type / tech tissue type , with a convenient skinny belt holder, the opening must be easy and fast , the atomizer only have to appear when I open. the skin or tissue needs to be not too soft as i need to put it back fast too where it was. the fit , obviusly perfect , or so .

these features are basics.. I m not spending $$ on an ok pouch , i have one ok place to put it and ok way to transport it around. far from perfect , stealth and ready

Last edited:

bood

Sep 16, 2017
For me it's what can provide a sufficient throat hit at a low temperature. So without having to turn up the heat just to create some kind of harsh sensation, which could be considered a throat hit, i need an atomizer which "actually works". Seems to me there are literally hundreds of atomizers on the market which produce vapour, but that's practically all they do !. None of these manufacturers look into the science at all. They'll just copy whatever existing devices are out there already and consumers flock to buy the "latest thing" even though it's just another piece of plagiarized crap.

So what does the op require ?.

An atomizer which can satisfy by providing a throat hit at low temperatures, around 10 - 12 watts ?.

Or an atomizer which can provide a harsh sensation which most consider a genuine throat hit, but only at high temperatures ?. If this is the case then absolutely anything will do.

Personally i don't consider the sensation produced at high temperatures a "throat hit". It's just rough !. Seems most people are easily satisfied.

An atomizer which can produce a throat hit at low temperatures is very hard to find. Pretty much every atomizer i see in all the b+m's and online is a standard vapour maker and those who buy these devices aren't looking for any kind of satisfaction. They just want something which gives them enough nicotine that will enable them to cut down on their smoking habit.

It's virtually impossible to convince anyone what it is exactly that they need. It's because, really, they don't "need" anything, so anything will do, just as long as it produces nicotine vapour. Then they just turn up the heat until they get a harsh vape, and they''ll call that a throat hit !.

MTL Satisfaction can be achieved at low temperatures, with a sufficient amount of nicotine, and with a specific device/atomizer.

But there's no real point in mentioning this device because no one is really interested. And in addition to that all i ever hear is how over engineered it is blah blah blah !.

It's fun being a people watcher though. When people talk to me in this way my only conclusion is they most probably still smoke, are complacent with the devices they use at high temperatures, of which they possess dozens, even hundreds (That should give them some inkling that they simply have no idea what they are doing, but no !) and continue to say "everyone is different and vaping is subjective". They do all have one or two things in common though. They all continue to say this, they all continue to smoke, and they all continually buy more and more crap being produced by the industry, even though it doesn't even simulate the sensations smoking provides.

So you see when i see people talking about they've just bought this and that and have dozens of atomizers etc, talk about a list of random atomizers that they've got, it's this information which tells me instantly that these people do still smoke, as regularly as they ever did, just not for as many hours per day.

If you did find an atomizer that actually simulates the sensation of smoking you wouldn't be continually buying more and more atomizers.

I'd say of the thousands of ECF members only a small % actually completely quit smoking via vaping. Probably a perfect example of the % of vapers worldwide who still smoke.

I just wish there was a way of seperating those who vape + smoke, and those who quit smoking completely via vaping. I get a lot more sense from those who've quit !.

It's impossible to get any "real" information from smokers/vapers because they "constantly" talk a complete load of rubbish. After all it's not difficult to appear online and simply say "i don't smoke".

So when a question is asked such as "what is currently the best DTL RTA ?. You may as well be talking to a magic 8 ball.

If you are genuinely looking for an RTA which works, aren't bothered and misled with all the extraneous babble you know you're going to hear, and want to quit smoking forever (even though you say you already have), then the only RTA which "actually works" at low temperatures is the Kayfun V4.

And don't ever say no one ever told you !.

I know it has it's flaws, i know !. It works though !.

Running 29g kanthal, 5 wraps - 2mm, 1ohm, 11.5 watts 24mg nicotine.

There are those who still smoke who will disagree with this post. Then there are those who agree with this post who don't smoke. But then there are those who vape at high temperatures and call a harsh vape a throat hit, they will also disagree with is this post. So, most members will disagree, though having said this, probably won't respond at all, as if it were a game they're playing or something. But no matter the outcome i will definitely be made to look an idiot.

My vaping hardware doesn't lie you know !. You don't need high temperatures to get a throat hit. Just a V4.

I had second thoughts about pressing the "post reply" button on this post.

No harm no foul !.

any of you agree and share a similar opinion ?
or different

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think this is not the norm for every vaper, no, but I think it's an interesting post, and certainly some vapers feel they have found "their" hardware and need to look no further, while other folks can approach vaping more like a hobby at times, where they enjoy trying different things. There is nothing wrong with either approach in my opinion. I think I've definitely hit a point where I would like to relax and really enjoy playing with the vapes I have.... So it depends.

I already found my magic setup for quitting, but that doesn't mean I don't like trying other things.

With that said, yeah, in vaping there is no best anything, it comes down to what suits you. I don't think a K4 is for everyone at all and I know plenty of sub0hm vapers who have also quit.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A Radius and a titanium Kabuki. Right now I have a Kclone (not sure which one, actually, but it's pretty MTL) and the Berserker, running on steampunks. That gets the job done, but I have a Wismec c-cell tank (1.0 coil) that I also love a great deal (on a provari 2.5) and I really like the Nicholas Vapefly tank, it's a "sub0hm" MTL tank, with a 0.6 coil. The N2 got me quit, and the kabuki is keeping me that way.... :)

My vape(s) are pretty excellent.....for me :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Temps are low (around 220f in TC tanks) and I have to use max VG but added 10% distilled H20 on the advice of MikeP. That has significantly improved the quality of my non-TC setups, which I was not expecting. I did it reluctantly but was surprised it improved both temp and taste.

I am a MTL vaper, but I do get fairly cloudy due to having more VG on board than usual but it's definitely still MTL for sure, if not TC I am usually running around 8--10 watts. I don't care for a throat hit, but my throat was pretty torn up when I got here, so I use nic salts at around 15--18 mg/ml, I DIY and prefer deserty and fruit type flavors, with some alcohols thrown in. I don't overflavor (flavoring around 3--6 %, depending. I'd say my vape has gotten airier with adding water, but it's still quite dense. I vape around 5--7 ml per day, depending....

That's what works for me, though, not necessarily anyone else.... :)

Anna

• Creative

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Mebe ask a stupid question, but have you looked at any flashlight cases?
Good luck. Every now and then I wonder about whether the plight of the female in today's society is worse than the man's.... and then I think, "Purses."

Anna

You've never seen me go to a gig! :D

Good luck.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
little update

is there a way to keep the battery firm inside the mech ?

I was minding that since the button works without issues I could work in a way to make it more stable ?

that would be adding a micro layer of -non conductive material- thickness on the inside of the mech..?

I know you will suggest not to do it .. that is dangerous (?)..

but what can go wrong : the 2 poles would be the same distance from the +and-pins.. .. even if the battery moves less, it can always touch only 1 pin at a time when button is not pressed.. so.. is there anything that can go wrong with a firmer battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread