Good Morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flodik

Dec 30, 2015
Ireland
Good morning all from Ireland,
I'm new to the forum and fairly new to vaping....got it as a present at xmas.
I'm highly motivated to give up smoking and really want the vaping working for me, but I'm having lots of trouble (a part from the fact i didn't touch a cigarette from Christmas day), most of the day the vaping is giving headache and very sore throat.
could it be that i'm using too high nicotine juice? at the moment i'm using 12mg Liqua (no flavour).
Any advice??

Thank you very much

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @flodik

12mg e-liquid is not a lot of nicotine. To give you some idea, in low power e-cigs it's not enough for most smokers, no.

What sort of e-cig do you have?

Liqua is high PG liquid and will kick pretty hard to a new vaper. It's also Chinese liquid which, although tested, is not known for quality.

However, there are two sorts on sale. The old and the new. The new is rumoured to be tested.

Home Page - Ritchy

Can you give us an idea of how much liquid you have been using?

Ritchy have been in the game a long time. I know the 'old' tobaccos often came up stronger than stated.

Reactions: jjatl

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Good morning all from Ireland,
I'm new to the forum and fairly new to vaping....got it as a present at xmas.
I'm highly motivated to give up smoking and really want the vaping working for me, but I'm having lots of trouble (a part from the fact i didn't touch a cigarette from Christmas day), most of the day the vaping is giving headache and very sore throat.
could it be that i'm using too high nicotine juice? at the moment i'm using 12mg Liqua (no flavour).
Any advice??

Thank you very much

Hi and Welcome to ECF! You will find that ECF is a fantastic community that will be able to help you in your quest to quit smoking.

We will need a bit more information to help you and offer suggestions. How long and how much did you used to smoke? What Vaping gear did you receive for Christmas?

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Hi guys! thank you for your replies.
I'm using Kangertech Subox Mini, I have been smoking around a pack of Camel Light per day reduced to 10 cigarettes per day in the last few years...

The Subox Mini is a great starter kit. That is what I use and I love it. The starter kit comes with 3 atomizers - a rebuildable, a .5 and a 1.5. I suggest starting with the 1.5 and set your watts between 10-15. Please make sure to prime your coils before using them as a burned coil will cause throat irritation.

I also suggest trying to find another juice. Are there retail Vape shops in Ireland? If so, I suggest picking up a locally made juice or one imported from the U.S. Or Europe. I personally stay away from Chinese juice.

Reactions: NealBJr

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi guys! thank you for your replies.
I'm using Kangertech Subox Mini, I have been smoking around a pack of Camel Light per day reduced to 10 cigarettes per day in the last few years...

Ahem... cough, sorry. :confused:

In that case, I got it wrong. 12mg in a subtank could be too much.

10 "lights" is not that much Nicotine. 0.7mg per cig. 7mg per day (10 cigs).

How much liquid do you think you've used?

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Can I ask you what you mean with "prime the coil"?

That is a great question and I am glad that you asked! Priming a coil is basically wetting the coil with juice before you fire it to make sure that the coil is 100% saturated so that it doesn't burn the first time you fire it. This might be the most important thing to do!

Here is a decent video showing how to prime Kanger coils.

Please let us know if you have more questions!

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Ahem... cough, sorry. :confused:

In that case, I got it wrong. 12mg in a subtank could be too much.

10 "lights" is not that much Nicotine. 0.7mg per cig. 7mg per day (10 cigs).

How much liquid do you think you've used?
I disagree. I started with 18mg and am now at 12mg of nic on my subtank mini. I have not experienced any sore throat and using that combination, I have completely gotten off of cigarettes.

In my opinion 12mg with the 1.5 coil and 14watts is perfect!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I disagree. I started with 18mg and am now at 12mg of nic on my subtank mini. I have not experienced any sore throat and using that combination have completely gotten off of cigarettes.

In my opinion 12mg with the 1.5 coil and 14watts is perfect!

Yes, no problem with that. 14 watts is 14 watts, so that's not high watts vaping.
Depends what power/juice consumption @flodik is talking about.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Thanks!
I'll definitely get a new juice, do you think I need a new coil?

Yes! Absolutely! You should change your coil! Also you should get a few spare coils. The factory coils can last anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks. Since you are just starting out. I recommend sticking with the 1.5 or 1.2 coils.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
+1 to everybody. Try a better quality juice, one preferably with a higher VG percentage. You might eventually look into making your own. It's much cheaper and you know exactly what's in it. You could try changing the coil, being careful to prime it. Coils are wear parts, and they are scientifically designed to fail when the vape stores are closed. You need some spares. (In fact, you need spares of everything; backups for the backups is the rule. But you can wait on that until you decide vaping is where you want to be.) 12 mg is probably not too much at your low wattage. If you start using subohm (less than 1 ohm) coils and increase power, you may want to back off of that a bit. Welcome to the board.

flodik

Dec 30, 2015
Ireland
WOW!!!
I followed all your advices....got two brand new coils (1.5)....much better quality juice (Decadent ChocoPeanutButter 6mg 50/50)....primed the coil....
and.....WOW.....i wasnt vaping at all before!!
I see a bright and smokefree future ahead of me.....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread