Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Hey all,

I’m a MTL vapor, and always have been. I’ve been trying to find a good MTL eGo type clearo, but the ones I’ve tried are pretty airy. I always find myself going back to my cigalikes, since they have a tighter draw.

I have a few eGo type batteries and I’d like to utilize them. I like the Aspire ET-S clearos - I have a few of these. They work ok, but I need something tighter.

Has anyone tried blocking air holes with success? There are a few on the outside of the Aspires, but blocking the holes that I see doesn’t really do much.

I have some new pod devices on the way to try, but I’d really like to find a solution for the eGos. I have a lot of these batteries sitting around. I realize that many of you are into sub-ohm and mods etc., but I’m still pumping along ok with 2008 tech. :thumbs: The most important thing to me is not smoking.

I have a feeling there really isn’t much that can be done in my case, as I’ve never been able to find a ‘tight’ draw on these. Some of you all are pretty crafty, so I’d be interested in any ideas. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I quit smoking on the Ego with a CE4, but for me the nautilus mini was a game changer.. I've since graduated to RTA's and a bit more air than I once used..

However, given your description and needs, have you tried this?

Vandy Vape BSKR Berserker MTL Starter Kit | Vape Pen

I think that is potentially going to be a good device for you.

Welcome to the forums..

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I quit smoking on the Ego with a CE4, but for me the nautilus mini was a game changer.. I've since graduated to RTA's and a bit more air than I once used..

However, given your description and needs, have you tried this?

Vandy Vape BSKR Berserker MTL Starter Kit | Vape Pen

I think that is potentially going to be a good device for you.

Welcome to the forums..

Thanks for the suggestion.

I quit smoking with the old style cigalikes. I still use those, but the small tanks are getting harder to find. I never could use cartomizers. They don’t burn hot enough. (These are included with most beginner kits, which is a horrible idea.)

I ordered the Aspire AVP and Cobble just a few days ago. I’m going to give them a shot for my portables. The eGos I have I’d prefer to just leave lying around the house. I need something smaller for a pocket carrier. I also have a couple of old iTaste MVP 2s. (They are newer - I bought them because they are old cheap tech.). They work ok. I don’t carry those around with me though.

I was hoping there was a tighter draw ego style clearo out there, but I’m likely looking for ghosts.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi

There's a new version of the Aspire K1 tank with an airflow control. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. I think it's the "K1 Plus" or something. It's slightly larger than the original, but still only 16mm. Certain eLeaf GS tanks are quite small and might go reasonably well with your batteries, though you may want a collar/beauty ring thingy if the 510 connector is an issue.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for the suggestion.

I quit smoking with the old style cigalikes. I still use those, but the small tanks are getting harder to find. I never could use cartomizers. They don’t burn hot enough. (These are included with most beginner kits, which is a horrible idea.)

I ordered the Aspire AVP and Cobble just a few days ago. I’m going to give them a shot for my portables. The eGos I have I’d prefer to just leave lying around the house. I need something smaller for a pocket carrier. I also have a couple of old iTaste MVP 2s. (They are newer - I bought them because they are old cheap tech.). They work ok. I don’t carry those around with me though.

I was hoping there was a tighter draw ego style clearo out there, but I’m likely looking for ghosts.

Well if you've already bought equipment then there's no point any of us making suggestions...

On my ego I used the Kanger T3s but it seems you can still pick some up

Kanger T3S 3ml Clearomizer

They have the coils at the above store as well..

I don't know if that's what your looking for or not..

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Hi

There's a new version of the Aspire K1 tank with an airflow control. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. I think it's the "K1 Plus" or something. It's slightly larger than the original, but still only 16mm. Certain eLeaf GS tanks are quite small and might go reasonably well with your batteries, though you may want a collar/beauty ring thingy if the 510 connector is an issue.

This is exactly what I was looking for! It'll also take the coils that I already have for the other Aspires I already have. Thanks! I'm going to take a closer look at these.

Well if you've already bought equipment then there's no point any of us making suggestions...

Well sure there is. I was asking about ego style clearos. The AVP and Cobble that I've purchased for my carry-arounds clearly aren't those.

I think I've tried the Kanger T3S before, but I can't recall for sure. I just know that every one of the ego style clearos I've tried are pretty airy. I might look closer into this as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, all!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@moze229 - In the past, these clearos below have all worked well for me, and I still have several in my rotation when I want a smaller tank for pocket carry or quick trips into town. They have the same diameter as your eGo batteries, and are eGo threaded, so no adapter is needed. They've also worked well for quite a few people I've helped to start switching over to vaping from smoking. All are still available, as well as the coils for them, and they're usually at Clearance or Sale prices because they're considered rather "old school" clearos.

Aspire K1 - mentioned above by someone else
KangerTech ProTank 2 Mini
KangerTech Protank 3 Mini
KangerTech TopTank Evod
KangerTech Evod Glass
Aspire BDC
Innokin 16D or 16B - harder to find now though, and the coils also, but I love them myself. They provide a very true MTL draw, IMO.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Thanks for the additional suggestions everone.

@moze229 - In the past, these clearos below have all worked well for me, and I still have several in my rotation when I want a smaller tank for pocket carry or quick trips into town. They have the same diameter as your eGo batteries, and are eGo threaded, so no adapter is needed. They've also worked well for quite a few people I've helped to start switching over to vaping from smoking. All are still available, as well as the coils for them, and they're usually at Clearance or Sale prices because they're considered rather "old school" clearos.

Aspire K1 - mentioned above by someone else
KangerTech ProTank 2 Mini
KangerTech Protank 3 Mini
KangerTech TopTank Evod
KangerTech Evod Glass
Aspire BDC
Innokin 16D or 16B - harder to find now though, and the coils also, but I love them myself. They provide a very true MTL draw, IMO.

Thanks, JCinFLA,

The K1 is probably what I'm going to try first. The airflow control is going to give me the ability to adjust to anything I want. It will also use the BVC coils that I already have for different clearos.

The KangerTechs that you've mentioned all look good - I've been looking all of those over. Again, the key here for me is the airflow control. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Aspire BDC - I'm not sure if these are still available. I've been using the ET-S clearos, which use their newer BVC coils. The BDCs may still be available, but a couple of years ago they were moving away from those. Perhaps I remember incorrectly.

Innokins - I don't want to get into something that's going to be hard to find or end production soon. This is the main reason I'm going to be moving away from my cig-a-likes for portability. The Kanger T4 clearos are getting harder to find. Suppliers are often out of stock.

I wanted to stay with Aspire if possible. Everything that I've ever used of theirs is top-notch. Once I get one of these in my possession, I'll report back.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Thanks, JCinFLA,

The K1 is probably what I'm going to try first. The airflow control is going to give me the ability to adjust to anything I want. It will also use the BVC coils that I already have for different clearos.

You're welcome for any info that may help you.

As far as the Aspire K1...I have and use the older version, not the new version with the AFC. So I can't comment on how the new one vapes.

My older original K1 clearos have 2 small holes around the top of the base that screws off to change the coil or refill it. I like a pretty tight MTL draw myself, so I just cover 1 hole with a piece of clear tape, or the last section of my index finger covers it automatically when I take a puff. Doesn't seem awkward at all, to me.

Aspire BDC - I'm not sure if these are still available. I've been using the ET-S clearos, which use their newer BVC coils.

The BDC can still be found, but not as readily as the ET-S. I have several starter kits of them (Aspire tube battery with matching ET-S) in my "stash"...bought on Clearance a few years ago. Have seen the clearos only on a few websites within probably the last 2 months.

If you definitely want a clearo with AFC though, and your preference is for the Aspire brand...the new K1 seems to be "it". :thumbs:

basilia

Moved On
May 24, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread