Got my chuck - Can't vape... =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
Check list:
Are the batts good? (ck with multi-meter?)
Does the atty work on other batteries?
Try a different atty?
Will it work with the 18650 3.7v batt?
Are the connections clean?
Did you clean them again?
Is it possible the connection at the atty connector and the atty are making good contact?

.... Did you anger any of the vaping gods?

Those are all the things I learned to check. Hope that helps.

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
Did you fully charge the batteries before you put them in?

Yes, and I put them back on the charger just to make sure, and within 20 seconds the light turned green again...

My multi-meter is somewhere in my abyss of boxes in my garage (recently moved) I'll have to go borrow a friends, but we'll see

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
Did you go thru the checklist a couple posts up?

I don't have a 3.7v battery to try, and my other RCR123s are on the way, I'm going to go to my father's house and use his multimeter to see if everything is in check.

Other than that, yes I've gone through the checklist... Wish me luck! I'll be back in 30 minutes or so, so keep in touch xD

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
Happened to me, my batteries wouldn't hold the charge. I got some new ones and now all is good. In the meantime, I went to Lowe's and bought some disposables. If those work, then you will know it's the batteries you got.

Alright, here's an update... Both batteries at at 3 volts, and when I press the switch, it's reading 6 volts on the chuck... So now I'm thinking the atty isn't making a connection.. What's the most permanent solution to this

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm betting the atty isn't screwed on tight enough and it's not making a good connection.

You beat me to it. Try using a straightened out paperclip stick it in the whole of the battery end of the atty and work it around so the connector moves out just a bit. It's mounted inside a silicone sleeve and it should move out fairly easy. Don't push it in too far. Just enough to work the connector around.

Last edited:

truthseeker

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Canada

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread