Got my first e-cig kit in today - PCC fried my battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

May 28, 2010
Alabama
When I got off work late last night I got a surprise in my mailbox as I opened it up to find my shorty kit. Just got one battery and a PCC but it was awesome. Nice taste, tons of vapor, throat hit was there... until I plugged in my battery to charge in the PCC.

I had the charging case charging in my USB port and thought, "heck, let's go ahead and throw the battery in there and let it be charging up too." Within seconds I smelled it burning and smoke coming out of the LED end of the battery. Needless to say it is cashed. After all of 5 minutes of enjoyment out of it.

My computer is only a couple of years old and has USB 2.0 ports. I also have nothing else running out off USB so I don't believe the problem lies in my computer. The only thing I'm asking myself is if it was the battery or the charger. Either way, though, I am now once again unable to vape. :mad:

Hopefully the guys at V4L will be able to send me a replacement. I sent an e-mail to customer service, just waiting until after the holiday for a reply. To be honest after this I'd rather just have a simple wall charger. I think I've been turned off to the PCC's for good.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before, or am I just the lucky one?

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
When I got off work late last night I got a surprise in my mailbox as I opened it up to find my shorty kit. Just got one battery and a PCC but it was awesome. Nice taste, tons of vapor, throat hit was there... until I plugged in my battery to charge in the PCC.

I had the charging case charging in my USB port and thought, "heck, let's go ahead and throw the battery in there and let it be charging up too." Within seconds I smelled it burning and smoke coming out of the LED end of the battery. Needless to say it is cashed. After all of 5 minutes of enjoyment out of it.

My computer is only a couple of years old and has USB 2.0 ports. I also have nothing else running out off USB so I don't believe the problem lies in my computer. The only thing I'm asking myself is if it was the battery or the charger. Either way, though, I am now once again unable to vape. :mad:

Hopefully the guys at V4L will be able to send me a replacement. I sent an e-mail to customer service, just waiting until after the holiday for a reply. To be honest after this I'd rather just have a simple wall charger. I think I've been turned off to the PCC's for good.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before, or am I just the lucky one?

EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND WE WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE TAKEN CARE OF. YOU CAN PM MARK IF YOU LIKE, AS WELL. WE GONNA GET YA SMILIN FAST:toast:

STEVE

The Iceman

May 28, 2010
Alabama
I just checked my e-mail - Valerie sent me a reply an hour ago and was super nice. She said they'll send a replacement out ASAP.

The reason I decided to do business with this company is because I had heard how well Steve and the crew take care of their customers and now I am a believer. You have a customer in me as long as I'm vaping, V4L!

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
We try our best, however this PCC incident is DEFINITELY isolated.

While you should always charge your PCC seperately, I have done exactly what the OP has done for an entire year, and am still on my OG PCC with not one battery incident.

If an issue does happen, the 45 day warranty will always come in handy, and we'll always make it right.

:)

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
however this PCC incident is DEFINITELY isolated.

Sure your engineers don't me to tell them what's wrong.

But if you think of it from the battery + charging viewpoint with the PCC as extraneous, then this incident of cooking battery units has recently been far from "isolated".

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Ice, that is unusual. I have 20 batts here and have never seen anything like that. The V4L crew will take care of you, but be sure to learn the other lesson--to have back-ups of everything in the future. When you need to vape, you need to vape! :D

I just ordered the "NEW" XL'S and two of them, I need two because I am out from 6am to 9pm or even later, so needless to say even one XL dies and I still have the other. I will shortly have 4 XL's. the two old one's will be backups and the new one's will be my main ones. I am so happy that V4L exists because I have gotten ripped off so many times and it isn't fun. V4L will replace anything you buy from them. Steve Val Born and Mark will make sure you are taken care of. Trust me, I have had two issues and one was my own damn fault lol. Thank you guy's for making me want to vape!

Vape on,
Kevin

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Sure your engineers don't me to tell them what's wrong.

But if you think of it from the battery + charging viewpoint with the PCC as extraneous, then this incident of cooking battery units has recently been far from "isolated".

I caught this post late, but I am definitely going to respond to this.

It is Val and myself who respond to customer emails day in and day out. It is Val and myself who let Leaford, Mark and Steve know what products are giving us problems.

It isn't you Addy.

Please, even if you are trying to help, let us do our jobs. When a company like this packages up hundreds of orders a week, and we get a PCC complaint once every few months?

Yes, that is isolated. While we take all concerns seriously, when I see a comment which simply begs for attention and has no merit, I will say something.

May I also refer you to a post I made the other day (and I paraphrase)

If your posts aren't to ask questions, help people, or to help foster any semblance of community, perhaps the post isn't worth being made.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread