Not open for further replies.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
CLS and AS arrived! Here's my thoughts:

CLS tastes just as described. Vanilla custard! No real complaints about it.

AS tastes EXACTLY like Juicy Fruit gum.

The only thing I have to say about both: they are really "spicy"? I almost want to say peppery. Do they need to steep more? Should I take the caps off and leave em for a few days?

They both have the same odd "background" flavor.

I guess I was expecting the vanilla to be a bit more mellow but it tastes like spicy vanilla bean to me.. I'm also using them both in two brand new protank 2s. Perhaps it's the protanks?

It says made on the 26th. It's almost the 31st.

Last edited:

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX

The only thing I have to say about both: they are really "spicy"? I almost want to say peppery. Do they need to steep more? Should I take the caps off and leave em for a few days?

I guess I was expecting the vanilla to be a bit more mellow but it tastes like spicy vanilla bean to me.. I'm also using them both in two brand new protank 2s. Perhaps it's the protanks?

That's the nicotine. I wouldn't leave the caps off. The peppery taste should start to fade (or you will stop noticing it as much). That said, most juices change/improve with steeping (with the caps on).

I am waiting on my CLS to arrive. I can't wait!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

They both have the same odd "background" flavor.

It says made on the 26th. It's almost the 31st.

Both of them have the same base. They're both are good right out the mail box but the longer they steep the better they get.

Neither of mine taste peppery but you can talk about that in the link I provided. *Kent* is the mixer and in this thread all the time.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
That's the nicotine. I wouldn't leave the caps off. The peppery taste should start to fade (or you will stop noticing it as much). That said, most juices change/improve with steeping (with the caps on).

I am waiting on my CLS to arrive. I can't wait!

I'm only using 12mg.. How can it be that peppery?

I do like the taste the more I vape them (I have both CLS and AS in two of my brand new protank IIs, which I LOVE by the way. More than my beloved T3s's!)

Nicoticket Family Virtual Vapemeet and eLiquid Support Group v.2.0 come hang out. No need to read the gazillion post; just jump right in and introduce yourself.

There's actually a contest going on for Altered State- guess the 6 ingredients.

I frequent that thread quite often. It just goes by so fast no one seems to be able to read/reply to my posts.. lol

Last edited:

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
CLS, no spicy, no pepper, no odd. Your taste buds are off or something. That's some if the best juice ever! I love that ....! lol.

best regards, larry mac

Odd, maybe I need to let them steep.

Kent is "liking" posts in here.. Kent, could you possibly explain this odd phenomena? I really want to like these flavors, the CLS SMELLS amazing but the taste is just odd for me..

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
When I first got mine people said no steeping for CLS
And Out of the mail I was not impressed kind of disappointed

But honestly after 2 weeks the fullness came in and changes from a good vanilla
to a great full vape

Excellent juice

but cant judge it fully out of the mail

That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Did you leave caps off? I hear all these stories about leaving the caps off for a few days or whatever.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Did you leave caps off? I hear all these stories about leaving the caps off for a few days or whatever.

I never leave capps off any juice more then overnight

Its only to evaporate any alcohol used in mixing
with CLS I think I only had caps off for a couple of hours

other then that shake at least 3 or 4 times a week

steeping is really just aging letting the flavor's meld together and come out better

Last edited:

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I never leave capps off any juice more then overnight

Its only to evaporate any alcohol used in mixing
with CLS I think I only had caps off for a couple of hours

other then that shake at least 3 or 4 times a week

steeping is really just aging letting the flavor's melt together and come out better

Thanks! I really hope the flavors come out more. I want to love these because they smell delicious...

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Because of forum rules he can't reply to you in this thread. Stop by the linked thread mentioned above though and I'm sure he'll be looking to help you out. Peppery sounds odd to me too, I've gone through a few hundred mLs of this juice myself and have never had that issue either. I've never steeped them with the caps off either..I usually only have to do that with juices that have an alcohol or perfume taste.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Because of forum rules he can't reply to you in this thread. Stop by the linked thread mentioned above though and I'm sure he'll be looking to help you out. Peppery sounds odd to me too, I've gone through a few hundred mLs of this juice myself and have never had that issue either. I've never steeped them with the caps off either..I usually only have to do that with juices that have an alcohol or perfume taste.

Made a new post in that thread. Thanks for your help and quick (and numerous :p) replies everyone.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX

The peppery taste comes up a lot. It's really not that odd. It does go away when you get used to it. Every vendor's nic base is slightly different, so if you haven't vaped their juice before, you are likely to notice it more at first.

The only reason to steep with the cap off is to let any alcohol evaporate. That only takes a day at most. I do not believe that Nicoticket liquids have alcohol in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread