Introducing The GotVapes PHOENiX™ TOP Coil 1.5ml Clearomizer - 2.4-2.6, 2.6-2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditchell

Apr 16, 2012
Birmingham
unfortunately I'll add my voice to the "BC are better than the TC" chorus. I just tried reseating the plug and it seems to help. I get about a day of glorious vaping out of the the TC, then its gurgles. The BCs are great- but I've yet to clean one properly and it not die on me. I'll watch the video again- but I did what he did, and now they don't fire at all. no sound, no nothing.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
unfortunately I'll add my voice to the "BC are better than the TC" chorus. I just tried reseating the plug and it seems to help. I get about a day of glorious vaping out of the the TC, then its gurgles. The BCs are great- but I've yet to clean one properly and it not die on me. I'll watch the video again- but I did what he did, and now they don't fire at all. no sound, no nothing.

From the BC? A little confused on what you wrote, sorry:(

scottic2

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
NJ, USA
***instructions for over wicking***

1. remove drip tip, dig out main plug from cup, fluff the wick if you like by lifting it up, this isnt needed because of the next step but can be done if you wish but isnt needed since these wicks and the pressure help it wick tremendously.

2. turn the inner plug so the slits in the inner plug are no were need the slit on the ceramic cup, then reinsert the plug and press it into place, fill and soak the coil with a drop, and vape.

3. this should stop any over wicking issue, you can adjust it from that point if its not wicking fast enough by lift the plug by the wick area just a tad at a time until youve reached the right spot.

ive done this to 2 now that over wicked, this stops it and then gives you control depending with the inner plug by lifting it slightly

I am unclear on how to actually move the cup seal, I have one TC that is working perfectly (aside from a few 'dryish' hits every now and then), and a second that gets one good hit and then a really dry hit using the same juice. I can see that the cup seal is covering the wick slots a bit more than on the good one.
I did receive a DOA TC, so I tried pulling and twisting the cup seal, but ended up tearing it.
Is there a video somewhere, or can someone explain exactly how to alter the location of the seal?
Thanks.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Two things. One very important. Filling these top coils with a luer lock needle bottle works way better than the syringe. You put a squeeze, then release and it sucks some air out causing the pressure to equalize much more efficiently and effectively than the syringe. Takes about four squeezes for me to fill. This solved the initial difficulties that I had.

Second, interesting experience. I am a very regular vaper of the caramel apple, and with the tc, the caramel notes are virtually give. Not a bad thing, the apple is still very delicious and much more present, but a very different flavor from fluxos and visions.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Bad
If these TC's were researched so much why didn't these problems come up then? Now even you are experiencing these same problems

Simple... testing can only catch the issues that are being tested for.... On previous CE2 style clearo's the issue were hardly ever to do with overwicking in fact, their main problem was just the opposite and were underwicking instead which causes dry hits. The solution for underwicking is to open up the slots in the cap where the wicks go through.

The amount of wicking is also affected by the visocity ( thin/thick ) of the juice... so if they were testing with a juice that was just a little bit thicker, then they may not ever see an overwicking scenerio.

I also suspect that they tested and vaped a whole clearo at a time and probably didn't leave them full for a longer timeframe... after all they are trying to look at performance issues more than how long they store a juice.

The solutions they provided for this issue are straight forward and simple... the main previous issue of underwicking required a mod to address.... these do not, simply an adjustment in the slot or the addition of the rings to further compress the wicks so they don't overwick.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Bad
If these TC's were researched so much why didn't these problems come up then? Now even you are experiencing these same problems

Actually ill take the blame on this as the middle plug should of been included and was removed during testing as it didnt seem needed, i Wasnt getting over wicking until after hearing reports and doing further testing, its one of those things that i over looked and made sure it will be included in all new packs and every pack we now sell and are offering the plugs to anyone who purchaed them previously. Not much else i can do but deal with it unless you want to hang me over it.lolol

The explanation rdosk gave is exactly how i over looked it as well, i vape and vape them so wouldnt see that issue right away, again my fault for over looking that, even when i filled a few i didnt get leaking until i used a pg juice and then it was random.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
yes, for the ones that are over wicking, we should have kept them in place in the first place but thats my fault, they said they should have included them and they tale the blame but i overlooked this so its my fault, but yes the middle ring will provide the pressure onto the main cup which will stop this completely, when i told them they where leaking they immediately said you dont have middle ring and they where right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread