Introducing The GotVapes PHOENiX™ TOP Coil 1.5ml Clearomizer - 2.4-2.6, 2.6-2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
United States, M.A.
Hi Kyi, The black stuff is like shrinkwrap, it is there so that know juice seeps into it at the top of the tube that is connected to the ceramic cup. Ok when you take the drip tip off you need to look down into it, you see the clear plastic peice that has the hole were you put the needle in for filling with juice. What Bad is saying is to remove that plastic clear piece, look at it, on the bottom there are two little V like slits. Those slits are supposed to be put over the exact area of the wicks in the carto when you are putting it back together. What he is saying to do is instead of putting it back in that way, put it back without lining it up with the wicks. This should seal it better so that your wick near the coil is not getting to much juice on it which is the cause of your gurgling. The ceramic cup is the white piece that the coil is siiting across with your wicks going out the two sides where there are small slits in the cup. I hope This makes some sense, I know how confusing it was for me when I was new to vaping. I had know Idea what everyone was talking about lol, but after alot of time spent on this forum with so many people here willing to help with any questions and doing alot of reading and research you will understand most of it in know time. :)

samsun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
United States, M.A.
Hey, you beat me to it lol, all the typing for nothing ;)

the first part is the little rubber drip tip that comes with the unit, i usually toss them cause i use my own drip tips. The next part is the seal that sits on top of the ceramic circle. the seal that sits on the ceramic thing has 2 little holes one on each side. if you pull out the seal there are 2 slits on either side, those 2 slits are suppose to fit over the slits on the white ceramic circle. but what Bad was saying is instead of matching up the slits when you put the rubber seal back over the ceramic thing turn it so the slits are not right over the slits on the ceramic thing,, i tried this and i just vaped the entire top coil without any gurguling or leaking

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
thats how i clean them rinsing under hot water and filling it and flicking it clean, then blowing through it after rinsing/filling with hot water to push water through, this will clean it well, the do a dry burn and your good to go, you can use a hooked paperclip to lift the wicks so they can get a cleanig too, then push them back in, i can look into getting extra tubes, then you would simply use a exacto knife to cut the tube from the base as to not pull apart the base where the guts are hidden.

then you would push the new tube over it which would not cause a issue as only pull it off would seperate it.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think I did it,, I found that sweet spot with the plug that allows me to chain vape and also leave the TC on its side without flooding. The key is to turn the cap a quarter turn and only lightly press it down on the cup. Took me about an hour of trial and error to get it right:) Hopefully I can duplicate it on another one tomorrow...

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
Turning the seal did stop the over wicking for me, but also cut off the juice supply too much when chain vaping. I can see this working, but I think i pushed it down too tight and cut off the circulation. I didn't have much time today, with everything going on, to readjust and find the sweet spot. I will tinker some more tomorrow. I'm sure that, once i find the sweet spot, this will do it and I can go on enjoying the amazing vapor, th, flavor and heat that these have. Thanks Bad:)

Same here big, i just lifted the cup seal a tiny little bit and voila. If you get one thats leaky do what bad suggested. If it clamps down on the wicks too much just lift it a little little bit at a time till you get it right.

my #2, badly leaking one, with the turned cup seal hasnt leaked since. Using Gotvapes nana colada and loving it now.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
um if you have to remove the whole tube for cleaning or whatever why not just push the whole assembly out of the tube from the top with say a pencil (or anything else that would fit into the tube and cover the ceramic cup) or will the bottom connector part just fall off or something?

The metal piece at the bottom of the post is really wedged in there. If you run your finger over the outside you can feel a ridge. I don't know for certain, but think you'd break something before you could force it off that way.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Ok my main issue with this is: is there anyway to know if it will overwick/gurgle/leak before filling or do you just have to fill one up and see what happens? If thats the case, I don't really like not knowing if something will work or if it will give me problems and I have to tinker with it to get it to vape the way I like. I'm thinking after reading this entire thread, I should have ordered the bottom coils instead. Those are a bit more consistent in use overall, for those who have tried both? I'm just saying this because I consider myself semi knowledgeable about e-cigs, definitely no expert on anything, but I still tend to prefer products that just work and don't require any modifying or editting on my part. This is because I still don't know enough and don't completely know what I'm doing.

I guess for my next fill, I will try filling halfway and see if it leaks, and if it doesn't, I will fill it all the way. When I tried to mess with the TC that leaked, I pulled out the top seal (the one with the syringe holes) and also managed to pull out the white part underneath. This piece fits into the black piece underneath. I managed to push the white piece back in, and put the top seal and drip tip back. Seems to vape fine, no more gurling, but the flavor seems to have muted. I'm not sure I aligned things right, I will try again later.

fishinfool

Mar 19, 2012
Ky.
Harmonic and wwturner are correct. I have removed the tubes for three tc's I have in rotation for cleaning. I don't remember who posted it but I seen a vidieo on a strardust rebuild....you have to treat these tubes the same. Steady presure and work your way around the base rocking and pulling at the same time. Once the tube starts to move a #2 pencil placed on top of the ceramic cup hepls push everything out the bottom.
I also found the first time removing the tube....run hot tapwater over the base of the tc ...mainly over the tube... will help in removal.
WARNING: you do risk the posibility of separating the two halves of the base when tring this. Hope this helps those who want to give it a try.

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
So what's the verdict? Bottom or top coils giving consistent performance?

I do really enjoy my fluxomizers, but the dry hits (Very few now that I've messed with them quite a bit!) and sometimes inconsistent performance is a real pain.

Do the bottom coils work a bit more consistently? I know the taste is definitely subjective, but I think I'd really enjoy not having to worry about wicking as much.

Maybe that weird cartomizer Bad talked about awhile ago... 90% filler free or something? That sounds like it would work great!

Also, I was wondering if anyone can chime in about this... since the coil is wrapped around a small sliver of the wick, what about increasing the size of that part of it? Maybe not too much since that would cause it to flood easier, but essentially wouldn't that guarantee very good wicking if the size was increased just a bit?

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So what's the verdict? Bottom or top coils giving consistent performance?

I do really enjoy my fluxomizers, but the dry hits (Very few now that I've messed with them quite a bit!) and sometimes inconsistent performance is a real pain.

Do the bottom coils work a bit more consistently? I know the taste is definitely subjective, but I think I'd really enjoy not having to worry about wicking as much.

Maybe that weird cartomizer Bad talked about awhile ago... 90% filler free or something? That sounds like it would work great!

Also, I was wondering if anyone can chime in about this... since the coil is wrapped around a small sliver of the wick, what about increasing the size of that part of it? Maybe not too much since that would cause it to flood easier, but essentially wouldn't that guarantee very good wicking if the size was increased just a bit?

Bottom coils work flawless for me, I vote BC!!!!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've been a hard core Fluxo user for a while now, and love them. However, I got some Phoenix bottom coils just to try, and I'm really, really impressed with them. The vape is a bit cooler, which I can live with. But so far, they are about as close to a trouble free, out of the box carto I've used yet.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been a hard core Fluxo user for a while now, and love them. However, I got some Phoenix bottom coils just to try, and I'm really, really impressed with them. The vape is a bit cooler, which I can live with. But so far, they are about as close to a trouble free, out of the box carto I've used yet.

That is my exact experience with them. The worst I had to do with the BCs was lift the coils a bit to get the wick to be even with the slots, but that took a whopping 30 seconds to do:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread