Gotvapes Pump cart review....these things are SICK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
So the leaking is normal, the problem is with my tech? :facepalm:

Do you use it with a bridged or bridgless atomizer?

If it has a bridge (wire mesh),
Before you pop the pump-cart into the atty,

drip 3 to 5 small drops directly on the bridge,

do three quick burns (about two seconds each) without drawing any air (if auto batteries, draw very lightly just enough to trip the switch 3 times),

add 2 or 3 more small drops to the bridge, then put your cart in. Every 8 to 10 draws hold the button down while you vape for one draw and it will re-wet the bridge.

If you have bridgeless atomizers (no wire mesh, you can see straight to the coils).
Typically 510 and 901 atomizers can hold about 3 small drops in the bowl, which should last 8 to 10 puffs or so depending on how hot your atomizer runs. You will just have to experiment, but be aware that you need much smaller amounts of liquid each time you feed, and you'll want to do it 'more often' than with a bridged atomizer.

If you get the pump cart system to work really well, but just keep getting over dripping, you might like to get a drip shield at some point.
You can find drip shields here: Empire Drip Shields
And here: Drip Shields - Avid Vaper

Last edited:

Macleod

Nov 9, 2011
Connecticut
I just got my delivery of the pump carts with the bridgeless atomizer. I pulled the filler out and started vaping. I started having the same problem mentioned earlier. My lightest push on the ball would drop half the juice. The atomizer wouldn't leak, but there would be lots of gurgling.

After several failed attempts to improve my button press, I tried something. I blew lighting into the mouthpiece to equalize the pressure. Tried another push and only dropped an 1/8" of fluid. I think that this might be the trick for me. More practice needed. Anyone else try this?

Christopherdav1d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Milford, CT
I left the pump cart on my Ego T standing upright overnight and it emptied out. Is this typical? Would laying down or upside down work better?
Did you take the cotton out of the end? I have used the method I have in my video for that purpose. I find that with the cotton removed the juice flows thru too fast. I would rather leave the cotton in and have to take a dry pull or two to make the juice flow rather then have it pouring into it

Rob0506

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Renton, WA
I got these and tried to toss the little puff ball. I had leaking and flooding issues. I may try them again, but next time I will try the OP's method. I haven't tried them again since because I hate wasted juice.

Your results may well depend on the juice, for instance if you use all VG juice, tossing the puffball may be best. I tried this with Boba's, and while it didn't leak, I was constantly overfeeding because it's hard to press the button the right amount. I either got nothing or too much. I then tried KBV Hummingbird nectar and it leaked out, that one would probably have worked well with the puffball still inside.

BuddyGoodness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Mississippi
I am vaping a 60pg/40vg blend and I have to pump the button about 30 times to get one drop out, but if I remove the polly ball then it just leaks into the atomizer and floods it. Should I just use PG with this, is that how you get it to work? Also, the bridgeless atomizer that came with it burns way too hot, it is supposed to be 2.2-2.5ohm but it burns even hotter than my 1.5ohm attys.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
I loaded up one of these pumpcarts with Ms T's Snickerdoodle and paired with my HH.357 510 2.0 ohm short barrel. I primed the puff by hitting the button 10 times till it looked wet, primed the atty with the juice and put it together.

A huge plus that I haven't heard anyone else mention yet is that this totally reduces the spitting you'd normally get with a HH.357 510 (esp the short barrel).

The downside is that it is too easy (for me) to make the puff ball come out (and dump the juice into the atty) and when it does stay in, I'm not able to control juice delivery well enough to avoid getting dry hits.

I've tried hitting the pump button while drawing w/no power, but it just doesn't seem to work as well for me as everyone else.

There is a wee bit of plastic taste that accompanies using this with a short barrel atomizer, but not nearly as bad as say a Smokeymizer or a Sapphire.

I think this is a "close but no cigar" product.

Suggested improvements:

1. Make it out of a material that doesn't react so easily to heat. Esp the part that gets inserted into the atomizer barrel. Some of us are more sensitive to plastic gassing than others.

2. Instead of relying on the user creating negative pressure to pull the liquid out through filler material, use an actual pump system that has a drop sized well that through the pressing of a button goes through a cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread