• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GotVapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Wow, wrapping coils requires a little finesse, apparently a little more than I posess. The kit came pre-coiled, with three spare coils. Popped the first one in seconds, actually got the "ready to go" one on and after some fiddling got the hotspots out, popped it last night. ruined the other two trying to get them on this morning :(. Now i'm without coils for it until I get my juggies order. Wonder how fast I'll ruin the 100 ft spool when I get it. AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH so frustrated... maybe I shouldn`t be attempting this while sleep deprived.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
This vid by the master himself is soooooooo good. You'll be an expert in no time

zenesis coil basics - YouTube

Wow, wrapping coils requires a little finesse, apparently a little more than I posess. The kit came pre-coiled, with three spare coils. Popped the first one in seconds, actually got the "ready to go" one on and after some fiddling got the hotspots out, popped it last night. ruined the other two trying to get them on this morning :(. Now i'm without coils for it until I get my juggies order. Wonder how fast I'll ruin the 100 ft spool when I get it. AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH so frustrated... maybe I shouldn`t be attempting this while sleep deprived.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB

It does take a bit of practice to recoil the Eternity ,,, there is not much space at all to work within ,,, and getting the wire in to the slots of the post clips can be trying.

I got my Eternity from Vaporus on Friday ,,, this unit is a fog machine. The flavor and TH is pretty impressive too ... However you need to use cotton yarn to the get good results. BTW, I hope you got 36 awg nichrome or kanthal as anything thicker might give you grief.

BTW, if anyone has read the reviews on this unit and has bypassed purchasing it because 'it leaks' and has 'a fragile post' is bull. This thing does not leak, there is no fragile post and you don't need to force the clips on to the post. The clips slide without using any force on and off the posts. Seems that Vision designed the Eternity to work exclusively with 36 awg. I like this unit, might have to get another one.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
It does take a bit of practice to recoil the Eternity ,,, there is not much space at all to work within ,,, and getting the wire in to the slots of the post clips can be trying.

I got my Eternity from Vaporus on Friday ,,, this unit is a fog machine. The flavor and TH is pretty impressive too ... However you need to use cotton yarn to the get good results. BTW, I hope you got 36 awg nichrome or kanthal as anything thicker might give you grief.

BTW, if anyone has read the reviews on this unit and has bypassed purchasing it because 'it leaks' and has 'a fragile post' is bull. This thing does not leak, there is no fragile post and you don't need to force the clips on to the post. The clips slide without using any force on and off the posts. Seems that Vision designed the Eternity to work exclusively with 36 awg. I like this unit, might have to get another one.

this is whats en route...
1 x Premium Quality Kanthal A – 32 AWG. High Temperature S/S Wire (#2162) 100ft @ $9.99
2 x 2mm (Med.) High Quality 100% Cotton Wick, 99 Cents per 15 Feet ! (#2034) - $1.98

So 32 won`t work?... Yea I said the same about the leaking in my post above.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
this is whats en route...
1 x Premium Quality Kanthal A – 32 AWG. High Temperature S/S Wire (#2162) 100ft @ $9.99
2 x 2mm (Med.) High Quality 100% Cotton Wick, 99 Cents per 15 Feet ! (#2034) - $1.98

So 32 won`t work?... Yea I said the same about the leaking in my post above.

I would be very careful using 32 awg ,,, this is when I do believe things fall apart because you will tend to force the clip in to the post which causes the seal on the post with the seal to break. Do yourself a favour and get some 36 awg. I would hate to see you destroy a $30 atty ....

You can get 36 awg from here
http://www.jrcustomturning.com/product-p/diy-kw.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread