null_zps875f3eb9.jpg

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Well I've finally got my Lux up and running. Had to get some new batteries for it, my 350's were just too long.
I've only got it paired up with an X9 Protank clone at the moment, but for the size of the GP, it's unbelievable how good this thing performs. The switch is almost like a touch sensor, I can hardly tell that I'm pushing it in.

What a great piece of kit, this thing hits like a train :D

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Well I've finally got my Lux up and running. Had to get some new batteries for it, my 350's were just too long.
I've only got it paired up with an X9 Protank clone at the moment, but for the size of the GP, it's unbelievable how good this thing performs. The switch is almost like a touch sensor, I can hardly tell that I'm pushing it in.

What a great piece of kit, this thing hits like a train :D

Mine Arrived this Morning as well

Same here with the Battery tried an AW 18350 button top and it is continually on ( Firing) !!
Efest flat top 18350s work great though :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Mine Arrived this Morning as well

Same here with the Battery tried an AW 18350 button top and it is continually on ( Firing) !!
Efest flat top 18350s work great though :)

There are two screws for the Telescopic Post, one is fitted on the Lux (or Paps v2.5) and the 'other' is in the spares bag. NOTE: Both the screws ARE NOT SAME. Thus, the 'other' one is NOT a spare. One screw is thinner than the other. You may swap them based on your battery size... I typically keep the thin one always on my mod.

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
My Lovely LUX - had a Shower!

Well, it is 2.5 months now since I received my Lux... and it was put into some use indeed. Thus, today morning I thought why not give this beauty a shower... it was about time, wasn't it?

No Polish used, just deep cleaned with common stuff from the kitchen...

Washed and scrubbed it with Dish Detergent and Scotch Brite. Then kept it dipped it in a warm solution of Salt & Vinegar for 10-15 minutes...

Made a paste of equal parts of Salt & Wheat Flour with some Vinegar...

Rubbed the Lux with that paste, all the time rotating it in its horizontal plane, for about 10-15 minutes...

Washed it under running water, dabbed it with paper towel and...

Rubbed it enough with some Mothers Microfiber Cloth...

It came out with a nice 'brushed' look...

I'm avoiding using compound polish for as long as I can b'coz I feel it's sheen stays longer without its use. And once touched with polish - it'd need it's frequent use - else it'd look drab IMHO.

Just needed to bring it more to the front for my viewing pleasures. I will be trying this process today. My LUX has been under a month of dedicated use, and I feel I have neglected its hygiene!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Q,

I tried the process on the LUX. It didn't quite shine it like it appears in your photos. I didn't use the ScotchBrite though as I wasn't sure if I wanted to put a "brush" look on it.

Anything else in your arsenal for getting the shine back on?

Brother, apply some dish washing liquid and slowly "rub" with a soft cloth (an old T-Shirt type). Wash it up under running lukewarm water AND repeat the process once more. Then gleam it up thru dry rubs with a similar cloth piece and you should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread