GP's SSR - my first thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
I've spoken with Rob quite a lot about my longtime affinity with CE2's (ceramics are all I've used for months), and my interest in the upcoming SSR, and out of the blue, he sent me one, before its official release, to try out!

My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Well, I've got plenty to say about this, because: This thing... is the bomb.

Here's a little casual pic I snapped after assembling / filling mine (well, I say "casual pic" - it might help to note that product photography is part of my job - so this may not seem casual to you, but it is to me - haha)

GP-SSR-7.jpg

Ingenious (and ingeniously SIMPLE) design.

Worried about leaks? It doesn't leak. AT ALL.

I will say that these are built around ceramic CE2 carts (which in my humble opinion are the best cartos available), so it does help to have some knowledge about how the CE2 works. The only way in which this thing will "leak", which isn't even really a leak as far as CE2's go, is down through the center shaft if its been overfilled, or if you've turned it upside down long enough for too much liquid to enter into the ceramic cup - at which point some juice will travel down the shaft to the batt connection. But again, thats the same thing you have to be mindful of with any ceramic carto.

As far as capacity... haha - I don't even need to cover that, because OBVIOUSLY, its a rock star. Holds enough juice to last - even a heavy vaper like myself - all day. I'm not bringing juice with me to work anymore (or having to top off ten times a day! woot!)

I was already a ceramic-lover, but all mine are stainless-steel, which keep the cup/wicks hidden a little way down in the middle of a metal tube. One of my FAVORITE parts of this thing, is it is SUPREMELY EASY TO CLEAN. I've cleaned this SSR atty twice now, and it takes me less than five minutes. You just slide off the plastic reservoir tube, run it under water, do several dry burns to burn any build-up off of the coils (I also follow this up with a quick brush-off with a bristled dental pick), and BAM, vaping like its brand new again.

I think I may do a more in-depth video of how this thing works, and general tips and whatnot - hopefully will have it done by the time these things are up for sale in about a week. But in general, I gotta say... Rob has hit a home run with this bad boy. I'm loving it!

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I like the Canon platform, but not a big budget, so I'm learning on the Rebel XSi. All of the research that I did said the 5D was the camera I would prefer to have, so all of the knowledge and lenses I acquire will work on the 5D, should I make enough money for it.

====================

So, when are the SSRs going to be available?

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
Good way to go. The glass is so much more important than the body anyway. 5D classics are going for decent prices used, although they may drop even lower once the 5D3 is released. Once you go full frame, you never want to go back. Although that said, I still prefer shooting sports on my crop 7D. The 5D2 takes better pics, but you can't beat 7fps when people are running or balls are flying

========================

hopefully soon - it has totally spoiled me.
The SSR is to cartomizers, as full frame is to crop body cameras. Now that I've tried it, regular cartos just seem like a waste of time! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread