Good Prophets GP-SSR (Simple Service Reservoir) Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
I got mine today. I only have 1 cr2 r4 left the others all leaked and got thrown out. Comes with zero instructions, (thanks for review this is how i figured out where oring goes), problem is that it is really really hard to draw, since i am down $25 already i guess i will by a new pack of cr2s and try my luck again. My luck with these has not been good and I have tried many of the tub mods. I was excited about this one because all the others leak, I did not realize it comes with no preinstalld cr2, even if they added a few dollars to the price at least you would be able to disasimble the old one to figure out how to get it to work. Maybe i am doing something wrong or maybe my ce2 was just bad, I'll find out after i order another batch of ce2's , So much promise for these things really really disappointing

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I bought mine and obtained it yesterday. I bought it with the available option of 3.0 on the ce2 pre-installed. I am using it on a buzz pv. Cleaned the ce2 in some boiling h20 for a few minutes. Did a few dry burns and its good to go. I have no idea on how to change out the ce2s but I am frugal and will figure it out when the time comes.

I have never tried ce2 or this type of system. I did find you may want to loosen the connection between the main pv and the 510 connector. Not all connectors are created equal. Different brands...etc.

GP did have the option of two pre-installed ce2 and without. I am thrilled with it being a newbie to this type of mod. zero problems.

BigBopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
I got mine today. I only have 1 cr2 r4 left the others all leaked and got thrown out. Comes with zero instructions, (thanks for review this is how i figured out where oring goes), problem is that it is really really hard to draw, since i am down $25 already i guess i will by a new pack of cr2s and try my luck again. My luck with these has not been good and I have tried many of the tub mods. I was excited about this one because all the others leak, I did not realize it comes with no preinstalld cr2, even if they added a few dollars to the price at least you would be able to disasimble the old one to figure out how to get it to work. Maybe i am doing something wrong or maybe my ce2 was just bad, I'll find out after i order another batch of ce2's , So much promise for these things really really disappointing

In regards to the draw, try a different adapter, that fixed my draw problem. You could also try reversing the order of attaching the adapter, as that may make a difference. ie attach the adapter to the battery, then attach the ssr to the adapter or attach the ssr to the adapter, then attach the ssr w/adapter to the battery. I know it sounds ridiculous that this would matter, but it can, depending on the adapter. Check the airflow without the adapter installed, I doubt you'll have much restriction then, if not, then for sure it's the adapter.

Yeah, instructions would be helpful for people new to these. But then again, I've never had a tank mod and was able to figure it out. It is really Simple;)

As far as it coming without a ce2, it states clearly on the webpage "Comes with or without a CE2. Please select below." And if you've read through this thread, it's been stated that there is a supply issue with the ce2s at the moment. Very few venders have them in stock, and most are backordered.

Al

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
yea i really screwed up not getting another ce2 i did not want to spend a lot until i knew if i liked it. i already have 2 drawres full of stuff i dont like or does not work and i figured I had 1 ce2 to give it a go with. I ordered some more ce2's today and will give it a try. Just based on your reply to screw this first then screw this second, it is probably going to be more than I want to mess with. I am a sucker for new products that are not ready for prime time hehehe

BigBopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
...new products that are not ready for prime time...

I completely disagree with this statement. Of all the tank mods I've researched, this is by far the simplest to change out ce2s on.

Adapters can be a fickle bunch, not all are created equal, even if they are from the same supplier. Each has it's own airflow tendencies. The one that I got with my SSR really restricted the airflow. Luckily I had another one, and that one works marvelously.

Al

Chingas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2010
Billings, MT
Really enjoying the SSR. All the pleasure of a MAP Tank but so much easier to use and maintain. Cheaper too.

I am using a stealth adapter with it on my ProVari. The only downside is that the adapter has such a low profile that when I screw it on all the way the bottom of the SSR is flush with the top of the PV. Can't get any draw then. The upside is as I slowly unscrew it I have total control over the airflow. There is a minor wiggle to the unit atop my PV doing that but the flow control is worth it.

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
For me prime time is no screw this first, screw this second, check with your finger nail, try another adapter, For me, prime time is plug and vape. i am sure a lot of people are going to love this. I may be one of them, but right now, right out of the box you have to fiddle and I am tired of fiddling with mods, not just this mod but with a lot of mods i own. I have found the ones i go back to are the ones that are trouble free.

Derek365

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Connecticut
so i got to of these, and all thought I am a noob to the e-cig ill give my opinion. I like these in general allthough I am not to fond of the whole CE 2 thing. I took this around with me all day yesterday and noticed a few thing. I ordered the two tanks with installed Ce 2's one 2.4 ohm and one 3.0 ohm. I started to fill the tank of the 2.4 and everything was fine and dandy as I started to vape i noticed a lot of dry hits, which is nothing unusual about vaping a ce2. So I had some 3.0 ohm ce 2's laying around so I went about switching the ce 2 out. I was very easy and self explanatory and I have only been vap[ing for 3 weeks. The parts just came apart really easy truly a simple service reservoir. The hard part was getting the inards out of a ce2 i wrecked a few before i got one out but it was intact. So all you have to do is screw the ce2 into the reservoir base. But there is a catch.......There is a tiny o ring around the installed ce 2 which is of the utmost importance. I did not realize this until i put the ce 2 in and the thing was leaking like a ........ So i took it apart and put the little o ring on the base of the new ce2 and all better. So i went to school and was pretty happy, however these thing do leek a bit at the base which leads to the battery. which is ok but a little annoying. I found that you have to spin the tank frequently and tip it to keep the ce 2 atomizer moist. Tonight I cut a bigger hole in the ceramic part of the ce2 and fluffed the wicks and that helped get more vaper. I think this thing i pretty great in terms of easy of use despite the leaking issue. However these things are limited by the ce2 which i i think just does not hit that well. I am gonna get some rev. 5 ce2 and fiddle with those to see if i can get better vaper production. these are nice tanks but I am just not that blown away as i thought i would be. and the 501 adapters need to be constantly fiddled with to get a good draw. I found that the key is to not tighten totally. But as people have already said there are 501 adapters that work well but the one enclosed does not

here is a picture of a tank on my provari

vgld7b.jpg

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
so i got to of these, and all thought I am a noob to the e-cig ill give my opinion. I like these in general allthough I am not to fond of the whole CE 2 thing. I took this around with me all day yesterday and noticed a few thing. I ordered the two tanks with installed Ce 2's one 2.4 ohm and one 3.0 ohm. I started to fill the tank of the 2.4 and everything was fine and dandy as I started to vape i noticed a lot of dry hits, which is nothing unusual about vaping a ce2. So I had some 3.0 ohm ce 2's laying around so I went about switching the ce 2 out. I was very easy and self explanatory and I have only been vap[ing for 3 weeks. The parts just came apart really easy truly a simple service reservoir. The hard part was getting the inards out of a ce2 i wrecked a few before i got one out but it was intact. So all you have to do is screw the ce2 into the reservoir base. But there is a catch.......There is a tiny o ring around the installed ce 2 which is of the utmost importance. I did not realize this until i put the ce 2 in and the thing was leaking like a ........ So i took it apart and put the little o ring on the base of the new ce2 and all better. So i went to school and was pretty happy, however these thing do leek a bit at the base which leads to the battery. which is ok but a little annoying. I found that you have to spin the tank frequently and tip it to keep the ce 2 atomizer moist. Tonight I cut a bigger hole in the ceramic part of the ce2 and fluffed the wicks and that helped get more vaper. I think this thing i pretty great in terms of easy of use despite the leaking issue. However these things are limited by the ce2 which i i think just does not hit that well. I am gonna get some rev. 5 ce2 and fiddle with those to see if i can get better vaper production. these are nice tanks but I am just not that blown away as i thought i would be. and the 501 adapters need to be constantly fiddled with to get a good draw. I found that the key is to not tighten totally. But as people have already said there are 501 adapters that work well but the one enclosed does not

here is a picture of a tank on my provari

vgld7b.jpg

Mine didn't come with or I somehow lost the O-ring on the bottom of the CE2 and leaked like mad when I first filled it up. After a few emails with Rob I went to Lowes and bought a pack of #47 O-rings and put one on there and tightened it up finger tight then just snugged it up very little with a pair of needle nose pliers and It hasn't leaked a drop since. I have shaken it turned it upside down and even fell asleep last night with it in my bed a woke up rolling around on it not a drop leaked.
I have a 2.4 CE2 in mine and it hits pretty hard and makes lots of vapor on my Megalodon with an 18650 I really like it!

Good job Rob and thanks for your help getting me set up with it.

BigBopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
@benriz
-----
You might want to try the following to get your adapter to work:

Take the adapter that you are having a problem with and screw it on to any 510 battery. Then take a small screw driver and unscrew the inner part of the adapter (counter clockwise) at least 1 full turn to start, more turns if needed. This should loosen it up enough so you have air flow through the adapter.

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
@benriz
-----

I did made a mistake and did not order mine with a pre-installed ce2 as I already had one I spent about 2 hours and could not get it to breath. Ordered another pack of ce2 and spent 2 more hours fiddiling wih the screw. No air!!!! All the vendor has to say is "see instrucions on net" no pictures no video. So I am done with this and gotvapes. I am willing to give mine away to the first person who thinks they can make it work! It comes with 1 new ce2 and I will even pay for the shipping. email me if you are up to the challange benriz@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread