Good Prophets GP-SSR (Simple Service Reservoir) Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
Ben If I had seen this earlier I would have requested it. I have an SSR and I love it! I would have loved to get another......
really like the clear dual's from dual coil's from hoosier e-cig better than anything I have tired. I put one on my monkey box and hit it for a week with no fiddeling!!

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
Link? What does that mean, clear dual from dual coil? -Magnus

I copied this from web site:
dual coil cartomizer

These are the new 510 Dual Coil Cartomizers from smok Tech.
The hit and vapor production off of these is Incredible. These are a must try.
Recommended for large capacity batteries, Ego or custom mods.
If you are a high voltage vaper you are in for a real treat, put one of the 1.5ohm dual coils on your HV mod and hold on. WOW!
Now available in three different styles:
-Standard 1.5 ohm Soft cap (Works on everything but I can't recomend using them on standard 510 batteries)
-Clear 1.5 ohm with flat tip (Will not fit through the cone of EGO or E-Power)
-Lower Resistance 1.25 ohm soft cap with HECS logo.(Work GREAT! on EGO and E-Power and mods) The 1.25ohm DC should only be used on high capacity 3.7v aplications. Use on High voltage aplications may damage your equipment. makes 3.7v feel like 6v!!!
All three styles hold a little over 1.7ml
keep them wet.

Keefer

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Murphy, NC
Received one of these from Rob on Wednesday and just loaded it up with my all day vape. Tried it on my eGo and was real impressed with the great vapor production (the CE2). Thanks for the hints on adjusting the 901 adapter - helped correct the air-flow. After initial use on the eGo I placed it on my GLV2 5v. WOW - what a nice addition! No leaks, holds allot of juice, great vapor production - life is good! Can see myself using this allot. May even have to get another one.

Was a little concerned since I had also ordered a few CE2's anticipating the need to replace the innards of the SSR. I had loaded a CE2 with my daily vape and was a little disappointed with the performance at 5v - a bit too harsh. Not sure why, but the SSR is a much nicer vape than the native CE2. It may be a different resistance than the one that Rob puts in the SSR when he makes them. Could also be that I burnt the CE2 on the initial usage - the SSR got a drop of liquid in the cup before my initial burn where the CE2 did not.

Keefer

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Murphy, NC
Hey Keefer . . . I use the SSR on my 5v GLV2, but they are best with 3.0ohm cartos in my opinion. It also tends to heat the liquid quicker than it will wick on its own, so you kind of have to tip it to get a great vape. Otherwise, you get that dry, harsh vape. FWIW anyway. :)

Yeah, learning real fast to do shorter hits. Thanks

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
OK, I've been using my XL SSR for a few days. I'm using a 3.7v Ego batt. I was very happy with the R5 XL-CE2's, but wanted something that held more juice. My thoughts...

Pros...huge juice capacity, solid construction, no leaking, decent vapor production.

Cons...Obtrusively large, no way to be inconspicuous with this thing. A little bit of a plastic taste (I can taste the juice better from the CE2...imho), doesn't seem to draw as easily as CE2-XL (R5)...even after adjusting the 901/510 adaptor. Vapor production is good, but again, not as good as a my CE2 (imho)

I just ordered a few of the 'Giant' clearomizers from Got Vapes...I'll let you know how those work out.

I vape Vaperite & KBV juices (50/50 12mg) and have used VR4, RY4 & V-Spot for testing this unit & CE2's

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
For what it's worth . . . the draw can be adjusted on the SSR on the adapter, and that helps with vapor production and flavor. And the plastic taste can be gotten rid of by washing it all in hot hot hot water.

As for size . . . you can't stealth vape with an SSR, that's for sure. :laugh:

I do find, unfortunately, that the taste is better after a tankful goes through the carto. I am working on different break-in techniques for the CE2s to see if the flavor can be made better quicker.

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
For what it's worth . . . the draw can be adjusted on the SSR on the adapter, and that helps with vapor production and flavor. And the plastic taste can be gotten rid of by washing it all in hot hot hot water.

As for size . . . you can't stealth vape with an SSR, that's for sure. :laugh:

I do find, unfortunately, that the taste is better after a tankful goes through the carto. I am working on different break-in techniques for the CE2s to see if the flavor can be made better quicker.

Yeah, I did adjust the adaptor, but it's still a harder draw than just the CE2...I'll try turning it out even more.

I didn't wash the SSR when I got it, probably should have looking back. I'll give that a try, maybe swap out the CE2 that's in there for a R5 version (w/ the thicker wicks)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread